Why We Are Losing

I see quoted posts with underlines quite often. I don't see how it's confrontational, but maybe that's just me.
No, I don't see you as confrontational at all. But underlining someone's words is wrong and in my opinion it is lazy as well as a misrepresentation. See the problem can arise particularly when someone quote a post that might be one or two pages back. Then people will either accept the quote as legit, or go back to verify the authenticity.

Well I don't think smart fits.... lightening things up/changing subject perhaps as well....hey it is 2AM here...I'm off to bed.

But that is just the point. It was passed off as being posted with large font.......the very fact that it was contained within the quote marks. If you quote or rather I should say misquote some one by altering there quoted post, you are altering what they posted.
Well, I do think it is deceptive. See how I have used your word, but I have not altered anything within your quoted word/s in doing so.
This is crazy. It's not even something I normally do but saw someone else here do it so I thought I'd do it one time. I get really tired of people telling me that they know my own thoughts and intentions better than I know them myself.

On the contrary.. Look at the font used as being a quoted word from Major. It is one thing to emphasize your own words by using colour or different font, it is entirely different to alter the quoted word of another to represent their words other than as they presented them. There was no accident it was a deliberate misrepresentation of Major's post. Indeed when I read post # 76, I had to scroll back to make sure Major had not disgraced himself by posting as quoted. seriously.....if you want to scream or use colourful metaphores or whatever...fine, but don't alter another's post to achieve maximum deception.

Thank you my brother!

It isn't a misrepresentation, it's an emphasis. Which is the OPPOSITE of a misrepresentation.

Really??? That is now what it is? Was that what is was in comment #71????

I read somewhere......."You really do not like to be wrong do you".
I also read somewhere, o yes there it is in comment #71.......
" Secondly, your disagreement is fully noted, it's not necessary to use screaming capital letters and multiple exclamation marks".

Isn't that amazing that you can say one thing and then turn right around and do the exact same thing and then explain it away!!!!

LOL!!!

Really??? That is now what it is? Was that what is was in comment #71????

I read somewhere......."You really do not like to be wrong do you".
I also read somewhere, o yes there it is in comment #71.......
" Secondly, your disagreement is fully noted, it's not necessary to use screaming capital letters and multiple exclamation marks".

Isn't that amazing that you can say one thing and then turn right around and do the exact same thing and then explain it away!!!!

LOL!!!
I make certain words all-caps to emphasize them in a way similar to what my voice would do if I were speaking it. In contrast your posts often appear to be screaming and mocking.

I make certain words all-caps to emphasize them in a way similar to what my voice would do if I were speaking it. In contrast your posts often appear to be screaming and mocking.

I disagree! My intent is exactly the same as yours. I do that to as you say, "emphasize" them.

My point is which you missed.......you condemned me for doing exactly what you did. Every one saw and now you try to make it acceptable for you to do but not me. We can do better than that I think. I think we need to consider the fact here that we are not enemies who should be trading blow for blow but Christians who do not necessarily agree with each other over each others church doctrine.

Having said that lets move forward for the cause of Christ and get the Word of God out to the world and not argue one with another because I am weary of such things.

Too many posts to go through patiently..

@Mike - So what are you saying about all the things that happened in OT? Are you saying God changed his mind? Or you don't believe in OT itself? Because God literally asked Israelites do destroy inhabitants of Canaan before entering the promised land..

@Mike - So what are you saying about all the things that happened in OT? Are you saying God changed his mind? Or you don't believe in OT itself? Because God literally asked Israelites do destroy inhabitants of Canaan before entering the promised land..

Im just trying to reconcile what is being said to with what actually happened(happens). May Jesus show the truth to all men some day!

Consider this...
There is no verse that says thou shalt not kill. There are many, many verses that say thou shalt not murder or thou shalt not kill the righteous and innocent.

Don't twist this as me saying we can now do what we want and kill if we think it is right, because we don't necessarily have that moral authority. However, if God, who is the ultimate level of perfection and doesn't even need the slightest of change and is also the pinnacle sanctuary of justice, then when a life dies due to God's plan, this is not murder because murder, by definition, is unjust. But if we decide to take killing into our own hands, it IS murder by default because it is unjust.

You're right that God is not a hypocrite, but there are some things that need to be noticed in our differences to God.

For instance, we are commanded by God to worship Him, but ONLY Him, which means we cannot worship ourselves. However, God CAN and DOES worship Himself. Is He breaking one of His rules? Of course not. He worships Himself not because he is arrogant, but because He knows His worthiness. After all, we don't worship Him for His benefit -- He doesn't need us, but He knows we need Him.

Good point but look at it like this

There is no verse saying that we don't have the moral authority to kill. And number 6 on the ten most naughty list says "thou shall not kill""If God's action's are perfect then certainly if we try and mimic his actions we can be closer to his perfection, not just like him, but closer to him.

As far as I can tell he thinks God is evil and Jesus is good. He said in his other thread that God killing infants was an act the devil would approve of. He's either very confused or a troll, and I'm leaning towards the latter.

As far as I can tell he thinks God is evil and Jesus is good. He said in his other thread that God killing infants was an act the devil would approve of. He's either very confused or a troll, and I'm leaning towards the latter.

How is associating the act of killing infants with something the devil would do a bad thing?! I truly hope Jesus shines his face upon you friend!

Because you think God is evil or you're a troll. I'm betting you're a troll though. All your posts seem to be only to cause problems.

You can call me all of the names you want. This proves my whole point, we are all Christians, why cant we have intelligent dialogue and civil dissent?! This is where we need to improve as a religion, together.

Back