1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it when I pray

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by psalms511, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Why is when I pray for God will not my own for my marriage i go to sleep and every thing imaginable that my husband and I have gone through all my fears and insecurities that has occurred from the trials our marriage has gone though make these horrific dreams ..?
  2. The reason is because you have not bound the Devil and kicked him out of your house. Get him out now. Then look at Psalm 127 v 2 in the KJV - He gives you HIS sleep. It's a gift. Take it by faith and confess you sleep in His sleep every night before bed. Tell Him you receive His sleep as a free gift and thank Him for His dreams to go along with it. Plead the blood of Jesus over your mind. Take the mind of Christ, let it be IN you, as the Scriptures say. Declare you think HIS thoughts. Anything that shows up that is not pure, lovely, honest or of good report, tell the devil to shut up and say that those aren't your thoughts and your thoughts are Philippians 4:6-7. I recommend going to KCM.org and start watching their stuff - all biblical, no opinions. Real teaching, real help.
    Cturtle and CCW95A say Amen and like this.
  3. You have ALL authority over the devil and his forces because you sit with Jesus in heavenly places, at the right hand of God the Father. As authority goes, the devil has to look up at your feet in the spirit realm, because you are so far above him. He's got nothing and you have the name of JESUS! Use it!
    CCW95A likes this.
  4. Some times dreams are just dreams! The worst fears deep in the heart often comes out in dreams.. That is a known thing.. For example, when I was kid - I often dreamed about failing exams the night before my exams. It was just the fear in the my heart.. That came out in the dreams..

As a a believer, what you should do? Take care of the fear. Pray at night, standing on the promises of God.

Isaiah 41:10
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Philippians 4:6-7
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

There are lot more verses. Meditate on them. You need to seek the Lord to overcome your fear and anxiety

Cturtle and psalms511 say Amen and like this.
  5. I have gone to counseling well just started back the dreams have stemmed from fear old wound that has been reopened so with the trust issues and the wound I have from my childhood and the issue relating to the dreams everything connects all is good all is well its in Gods hands .. I have forgiven but traumatic things happen that change peoples life physically in the brain I just spell the word lol the counseling will help ...
  6. Bring the matter to the Father, He can make you well in your soul, but you have to open yourself to Him
  7. Why are you praying for God's will for your marriage? What do you expect to get out of that?

As a Husband, it's our job to get direction and be led by the Lord for our family.

Scripture says if we ask anything according to his will, we have confidence that he hears us.

We have to know his will BEFORE asking.

When we pray out of line with scriptures, that gives the enemy a place.

God has a will.......... Wives submit to your husbands.
    Husbands, Love your wife as Christ loves the church.

Pretty simple.

A better prayer would be to ask God to help you submit and walk according to knowledge with your husband. If you do things that you know upset him, then you don't even have that part down. Not much else God can show until we get basics right.

If your husband does not always follow his part, the wife should pray that the eyes of his understanding be opened and that He see things more clear. (It's not the wife's job to correct the husband unless he asks)

My wife gets a whole lot further with me if she just goes to God. She does her part, and God is faithful to do what He said he will do. Like have a good talking with me.

Be blessed.
  8. As a Christian wife to a Christian husband for over 39 years, it is my job to correct my husband even if he doesn't ask. What husband who thinks he's right will ask his wife,"Am I right or wrong, here?" No, I will offer correction to my husband just as he offers correction to me. That is what partnership under God is like. We submit one to another as the scriptures teach. Often the wife is gifted with a certain wisdom, and my husband actually seeks it out and defers to it often.

That's the mark of a good, solid marriage under God.