Why is homosexual sin so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about sexual scenes at Gay Pride Marches but I'm not convinced having them helps your cause.
They promote visibility and solidarity. Even in this country, where they've become more of a party, there are people who can't get involved without risking their homes or jobs.

In other parts of the world, people risk getting beaten or arrested if they march in them. Other parts of the world they can't have them at all.

I can't march in them any more because I have a bad leg, a bad heart, and can't see the guy marching next to me, but I still go to support them and in honor of those who can't go because of oppression.

Yeah, they help the cause, just not in the eyes of those who are against us.

Yeah, they help the cause, just not in the eyes of those who are against us.

I've heard both for and against from gay people so I am certain that is not true.
Personally, I do not consider myself against but I do think it goes from my "live and let live" to "in your face".

A question from a Christian angle. I've not heard this one but what would you say to the suggestion it can be seen to be celebrating sin?

I've heard both for and against from gay people so I am certain that is not true.
Personally, I do not consider myself against but I do think it goes from my "live and let live" to "in your face".

A question from a Christian angle. I've not heard this one but what would you say to the suggestion it can be seen to be celebrating sin?
Sometimes in your face is the only way to get a point across.

I've heard the celebrating sin thing before, generally from anti-gay Christians. Never heard from anybody who actually knows anything about it.

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me it's about celebrating freedom and solidarity.

"Never heard from anybody who actually knows anything about it."

For just one moment be honest, what is there to know?
It is blatantly obvious that you have a strong emotional attachment to a group that advocates activities which are contrary to God's law.
This isue has been covered ad nauseum with no resolution in sight.

"Never heard from anybody who actually knows anything about it."

For just one moment be honest, what is there to know?
It is blatantly obvious that you have a strong emotional attachment to a group that advocates activities which are contrary to God's law.
This isue has been covered ad nauseum with no resolution in sight.
By that I meant those actually participate in the parades and know why they're there. The ones who who make up reasons for other people being there just don't have a clue.

Yeah, I do have a strong attachment to a group that has been oppressed and persecuted by The Church. I've been on the receiving end of it.

Yes, the revesre/perverse sexuality is (a) sin, but at the non-believers (it) is only from second type, which usually is so/such that those who are caught/trapped by this sin are only affected/victims, ie. the sinful people from the second type(ie the non-believers) are just affected/victims. And so, usually, the reverse/perverse sexual non-believers are just sick and (just) have need of (the) Real/True treatment/therapy/healing/cure.

Bashing Christians and Christianity?

I don't think so. Christians were anti-gay long before the gays started fighting back. In fact, if you look at the history of the modern gay movement, it was the spiritual gay bashing and anti-gay laws pushed primarily by Christians that started it all.

But that's not the question. Atheists and pro-choice folk are just as good or better at "bashing" Christians than gays. Why don't we see the same outright hatred directed at them?

How many so called Christians act in this anti-gay hatred way? Could it be that the numbers and situaiton is distorted due to a vocal tiny minority? Certainly things are not helped by having the Westbro Cult in the media peddling thier version of Christianity and "God hate gays" message.

Could it also be down to how we are taught from early days in our Christian life how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah thus setting the bench mark for how disgusting homosexual acticity is to God etc, so we just continue with that ourselves? Anyway I am sure those two cities were destroyed for other reasons rather than just being filled with homosexuals and perverts.

And Las Vegas NV has legalized prostitution.

It is better to be legalized, rather than to be victims of traffick(-ing), but the question is, whether they will be able to make the laws in this aspect sufficiently perfect?

I'm not asking if it is a sin or not, but why does it seem to be a so much worse sin than others in some Christian circles?

I'm not looking for answers like, "It's an abomination," but why is this particular abomination so much worse than other abominations such as gossip (Prov. 6:19)?

Whilst the Lord listed many sins there are certain sins whose practice He also declared to be abhorrent and detestable to Him. It seems that while the Lord hates all sin He wanted to let us know these ones were particularly revolting to Him.

The thing I find fascinating is why people seem surprised that what is abhorrent and detestable to the Father is equally abhorrent and detestable to His ... Children. That which is detestable to my Father is also detestable to me. That which pleases my Father pleases me also. How can it be any other way?

Those who are in Christ find their OWN sins most abhorrent of all and more than anything want to be rid of them. But it is a universal truth that you cannot turn your face to the Lord without turning your back to sin, and that includes the sin of homosexuality.

But having said that we are not here to judge each others sin (that in itself is a sin as we are directed to not judge others), but rather our OWN sin that we might seek repentence from it and forgiveness of it. THIS is what we must HELP each other do. The homosexual needs our help to be free of it, not our condemnation that may keep them in it. But we can only help those who WANT to be free of it and that is a reality we must face.

But how can you become a child of the Father except that you find detestable and abhorrent that which HE finds detestable and abhorrent, EVEN within yourself?

Whilst the Lord listed many sins there are certain sins whose practice He also declared to be abhorrent and detestable to Him. It seems that while the Lord hates all sin He wanted to let us know these ones were particularly revolting to Him.

The thing I find fascinating is why people seem surprised that what is abhorrent and detestable to the Father is equally abhorrent and detestable to His ... Children. That which is detestable to my Father is also detestable to me. That which pleases my Father pleases me also. How can it be any other way?

Okay, so why is this particular abhorrent and detestable sin so much worse than the other abhorrent and detestable sins, such as gossip or eating certain types of seafood?

Okay, so why is this particular abhorrent and detestable sin so much worse than the other abhorrent and detestable sins, such as gossip or eating certain types of seafood?

Col. 2:16-17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ
Mark 7:18-23 And He said to them, "Are you also as lacking in understanding? Don't you realize that nothing going into a man from the outside can defile him? For it doesn't go into his heart but into the stomach and is eliminated." As a result, He made all foods clean. Then He said, "What comes out of a person—that defiles him. For from within, out of people's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immoralities, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, evil actions, deceit, lewdness, stinginess, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a person."

Acts 10:9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

They promote visibility and solidarity. Even in this country, where they've become more of a party, ....
That's just the problem. The Christian lifestyle is about turning away from sin (any sin) and walking in the victory that Christ has won for us. If a homosexual turned up at our church and said that he/she was battling with his/her sexual urges, but wanted to walk in holiness, he/she would receive prayer and encouragement as much as anyone battling with any other sin. Most homosexuals, however, do not want to turn away from sin - they want a licence to continue in what they are doing, to celebrate it, and to push it in the face of everyone else.

For a Christian, celebrating a lifestyle of homosexuality should be as unthinkable as celebrating a lifestyle of crime. Both are totally contrary to the way God wants His people to live.

blessings,

Lynn

It is not, it is just the one the homosexual movement ensures is most in the public eye and the one the "gay movement" most wants the church to ignore the word of the LORD Himself and accept as if it is not a sin. I haven't seen too many "bestiality pride" movements or "incest and adultery mardi gras" making the headlines recently.

Actually one has to ask why the "Gay Pride" movement themselves are so ashamed to be seen with or associated with those who practice bestiality, adultery, incest, etc. which are EQUALLY detestable to the LORD and which He has also declared EQUALLY abominable sins?? How can the gay kettle call the bestial pot black?

But as regards the dietry laws that Jesus declared no longer relevant to salvation I think Ginger has sufficiently answered that

It is not, it is just the one the homosexual movement ensures is most in the public eye and the one the "gay movement" most wants the church to ignore the word of the LORD Himself and accept as if it is not a sin. I haven't seen too many "bestiality pride" movements or "incest and adultery mardi gras" making the headlines recently.

Actually one has to ask why the "Gay Pride" movement themselves are so ashamed to be seen with or associated with those who practice bestiality, adultery, incest, etc. which are EQUALLY detestable to the LORD and which He has also declared EQUALLY abominable sins?? How can the gay kettle call the bestial pot black?

But as regards the dietry laws that Jesus declared no longer relevant to salvation I think Ginger has sufficiently answered that
Oy....

That's just the problem. The Christian lifestyle is about turning away from sin (any sin) and walking in the victory that Christ has won for us. If a homosexual turned up at our church and said that he/she was battling with his/her sexual urges, but wanted to walk in holiness, he/she would receive prayer and encouragement as much as anyone battling with any other sin. Most homosexuals, however, do not want to turn away from sin - they want a licence to continue in what they are doing, to celebrate it, and to push it in the face of everyone else.

For a Christian, celebrating a lifestyle of homosexuality should be as unthinkable as celebrating a lifestyle of crime. Both are totally contrary to the way God wants His people to live.

blessings,

Lynn
It's like talking to a wall....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back