Why Is Believing In Evolution A Sin?

I don't really believe in evolution because I found out that it's just a theory and not a proven truth, and I don't even want to believe in evolution because I think the theories are bit scary. But then again, most scientists still research evolution a lot and I don't think all scientists are atheists or non-Christians only...

Also, I found out that the white (Caucasian race) actually came from the Middle East, but the evolution theories say that humans came from Africa, but they first went to Middle East so they can come to Europe from the Middle East. Adam and Eve were white but Middle Eastern I think.

What about Asians, native Americans, inuits, and Pacific Islanders? What time did God create blacks and these people? Or were blacks actually before whites still but the people in the Bible didn't know about them?
I don't mean to be racist, I am against racism, but I am very interested in these things...

Also, what about the dinosaurs and the other prehistoric animals? Their bones were found always though...

I am so sorry if this is a bad topic... Just tell me if this is a bad topic, and don't ban me like in 1 second, thinking like "oh, another rule broken. Banned!"

Evolution is a subject that a Christian cannot be naive on. It is a 'belief of the gaps' pushed by atheists.

If there were no atheists we would find fossils and conclude ''oh look a dinosaur'. Or 'oh look a monkey jaw'. NOT ''oh look my ancestor'.

It is a direct attack on the bible, prove to me how you see it as compatible?
Evolution is clearly not compatible with the bible otherwise it wouldn't cause such a stir. Therefore I can't prove that it is, nor would I care to do so.
It is put forward as a theory of the world around us but I doubt whether Darwin originally set out to bother you Christians when he started his journey.
If you see every scientific theory that opposes scripture as an attack then thats your choice and good luck with that but I maintain that the developers of those theories definately never set out with that in mind.

Evolution is clearly not compatible with the bible otherwise it wouldn't cause such a stir. Therefore I can't prove that it is, nor would I care to do so.
It is good to hear honesty (y).

It is put forward as a theory of the world around us but I doubt whether Darwin originally set out to bother you Christians when he started his journey.
Evolutionary thought traces itself back to the Greeks in 610–546 BC. So, its doubtful that Darwin had any bad intentions.

If you see every scientific theory that opposes scripture as an attack then thats your choice and good luck with that but I maintain that the developers of those theories definately never set out with that in mind.
I support science. No Christian will oppose using our God given brains to further technology. The devil is more akin to keeping us in the dark.

The thing is though that the devil is very deceitful. He is the father of lies. It is his native tongue John 8:44. So whatever we hear that clashes with scripture we need to test and not merely ''accept''. Evolution has been tested and been found wanting.

The risk of believing evolution as fact = believe you have one life = live your life to the maximum = selfishness / pride = ''you and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's sin'' = step on others to get ahead = no true altruism...always selfish intent.

Pushing mankind towards ''self / pride'' is satanism 101. Let's not be naive.

I'm not sure about scripture, the 6000 years is a figure I see quoted all the time. If its not in the bible then i'm as much at a loss as you about that i'm afraid sorry.
As for moon dust, i've not heard this either. Are you saying NASA was worried about the first lunar landers?
Yes.

I've heard that Neil Armstrong was surprised the surface was a solid as it is.

Yes.

I've heard that Neil Armstrong was surprised the surface was a solid as it is.
I would think he would have been quite sure it was fairly thin surface dust considering he'd just landed a 2500kg lunar module on the surface.
It's quite refreshing to hear you all accept the moon landings though, nothing annoys me more than the conspiracy theorists spouting their rubbish to try and refute one of mankinds greatest ever achievements.

The fact that our universe has order disproves evolution. So irritating !!

Polly these are awesome questions girl!! Ben stein is a really smart guy who believes and advocates creationism-- check him out also there is a cool documentary on YouTube calked God vs. evolution with Ray Comfort. (I realize some people don't like him but this video is good, no weird theology present;-))

Christians differ in beliefs about how old the earth is...it will be fascinating someday when the mysteries are revealed.

Tubby- God created math and gravity and everything, friend! He is responsible for the design. Alpha and omega beginning and end. Before him was nothing. HE IS. Someday you will know this. We know the truth because it is revealed to us thru the Holy Spirit.

I' am sorry if you've previously stated this but are you another atheist on here? Just wondering. I'm glad you are here either way.

Indeed I'm another of those pesky atheists. But like I said before, I'm interested in how you and I can have such polarised views.
Quite fascinating really.

I would think he would have been quite sure it was fairly thin surface dust considering he'd just landed a 2500kg lunar module on the surface.
It's quite refreshing to hear you all accept the moon landings though, nothing annoys me more than the conspiracy theorists spouting their rubbish to try and refute one of mankinds greatest ever achievements.
He was sure one he landed, but in the back of his mind...

We are not conspiracy theorists just because we don't accept evolution.

Or what if God makes any being or any thing evolve when necessary? There has been a lot of global warmings for example the whole life of planet Earth, and mostly the evolution was meant for better survival and better suit for the environment, as TubbyTubby said... Could God be updating beings, things, and the Earth?

Or what if God makes any being or any thing evolve when necessary? There has been a lot of global warmings for example the whole life of planet Earth, and mostly the evolution was meant for better survival and better suit for the environment, as TubbyTubby said... Could God be updating beings, things, and the Earth?
Global warming is a whole different topic that could take a lifetime to debate Polly. I'm still on the fence with that one to be honest. Long term cold/warm cycles I'm pretty happy with, the short term (since the industrial revolution if you please) I'm not convinced we have enough proof or data just yet.
But yes, evolutionary changes are bound to survival of the fittest or, if you like, best adaptation to a changing environment. In my humble opinion as always.

But yes, evolutionary changes are bound to survival of the fittest or, if you like, best adaptation to a changing environment. In my humble opinion as always.
The adaptations seen throughout history are the working out of variations which are part of the DNA. When one set of variations gains an advantage over another, those individuals survive at a higher rate. This can go back and forth as the environment changes, but it will not lead to a new species.

The adaptations seen throughout history are the working out of variations which are part of the DNA. When one set of variations gains an advantage over another, those individuals survive at a higher rate. This can go back and forth as the environment changes, but it will not lead to a new species.
Perhaps not over 6000 years but most definately can over millions of years.

God can do anything! But that He then does in fact create via evolution when He has already stated in His word how He created would make Him deceitful. I don't mean to take this discussion to the extreme, but it is a case of either the bible is the word of God or it is not. Now as a Christian, by definition you respect God and His word. To suggest Genesis is wrong and rather that God watched idly by as humans were victims of millions of years of brutal natural selection is... well simply disgusting / urinating on scripture.

Perhaps not over 6000 years but most definately can over millions of years.
Evolution relies on small changes over long periods of time. In order to change from one species to an entirely new one requires more than one or two genes to be changed. Such large sale changes simply do not occur.

This is why evolutionists are so vehement about the age of the universe being on the order of billions of years. They can't perform their slight of hand unless they can convince the public.

The alternative is given in the first chapters of Genesis which is totally unacceptable to them.

Evolution relies on small changes over long periods of time. In order to change from one species to an entirely new one requires more than one or two genes to be changed. Such large sale changes simply do not occur.

This is why evolutionists are so vehement about the age of the universe being on the order of billions of years. They can't perform their slight of hand unless they can convince the public.

The alternative is given in the first chapters of Genesis which is totally unacceptable to them.
I agree entirely, apart from 'one or two gene changes are required to move feom one species to another".

OK. How many genes needed to change to create a new species?

Please note humans have 46 chromosomes while apes have 48.

Presumably you know more about this subject than I do?
I'm no genetic scientist, but maybe we're mistaking dna differences with genes?

Can you answer your own question for me to consider?

Back