1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why Go To Church?

Discussion in 'Holy Spirit Baptism and Living' started by THALLON, Aug 26, 2014.

1. luke 19...He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
    16“The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
    17“ ‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
    18“The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
    19“His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’
    20“Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
    22“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?
    23Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
    24“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
    25“ ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
    26“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”

Take note of verse 23. to put in deposit in the bank. For a long while I was puzzled as to how I would put my
    gift in the bank, and then it came to me that the BANK is the storehouse, or THE CHURCH.
    U who have been blessed by the Lord yet have decided to hide the blessing away
    are treading on dangerous ground.
    He says: I would rather you were hot or cold, but because you are lukewarm I will spew, vomit you out of my mouth.
    When we attend Church, we endorse, we acknowledge, we show ourselves as Christians. Even if you
    are ONLY a pew warmer, you are there. Those who are NOT THERE are nowhere.
    This is your dollar given to you put on deposit in the bank, the church, for the Lord.
    This is not about salvation as such, but REBUKE from the Lord.
    They will know you are Christians by your love for one another, not a jesus poster on the wall,
    not a dusty bible, not christian CDs, not watching tv evengelists.
    Waggles and Ghid say Amen and like this.
  2. Heard a song one time @ 1976, and part of it stuck in my mind:

Sittin' in the pew
    Sittin' in the pew
    Every Sunday morning, you're just
    Sittin' in the pew
    Give your heart to Jesus
    And when He is through
    You'll enjoy your Sunday mornings
    Sittin' in the pew

You say that church is boring
    That you don't like the songs
    You say you like your pastor
    But his sermons are too long
    ... can't remember the rest....
  3. My church is wherever two or more are gathered in his name.

I'm here at church now.
    HolyGround, JG27_chili and Ghid says Amen and like this.
  4. My great grandmother was a protestant. She inisted that when I said church, I must be referring to the parishoners or the congregation, not the building or the location, so I would always say going to mass to avoid her scolding. I loved my great grandmother.
    TezriLi likes this.
  5. I understand that attending church functions has merit, but is the story of the three servants a really a commandment to celebrate holy days of obligation? Seems like there should be some other Biblical basis for the custom.
  6. how can you love one another if you cant see one another,
    and it says you will know they are Christians by their love.
    how do you know your brother has a need if you can't see his need.
    Ghid likes this.
  7. I had not thought much about this subject, but now that I think about it, I think that my great grandmother would have said what you said. For Protestants, "gathering in his name" is the reason they attend Church.

I'm Catholic, so I attend Church because it's a sacrament. :) That's true, but it is not the real reason. Missing mass would be like missing breakfast, or missing running. It would ruin my whole day. :cool:

And that is definitely 30.
  8. That goes well with the directive in Hebrews 10:
    23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

To me, this speaks of going to church, which connects you with others.
  9. This my be the reason that my great grandmother's church exists. They are a welfare agency.
  10. If God talks through prophets, Christian prophets, how would we hear if we are at home?
    If there is someone who heals we are not there to get healed.
    We don't read our bibles or pray when we are alone.
    The order of blessing is: God blesses you to bless others. We don't go to church to take but to give and then receive our reward from God.
    autumn oddity likes this.
  11. going to church helps you to grow spiritually
  12. going to churc help you to pray very well
  13. This i agree with. There are so many seasoned prophets/apostles/pastors
    that can heal, and prophesy into your life. They are God's instruments..and if a person can't hear well from god but your pastor can...then its foryour benefit...the church's actually.
    I know that scripture is there somewhere..where gifts are benefits for all believers and body of chrisg.

I think many are put off due to bad experiences. .. thats just my input.

When david sinned, god used the prophet nathan to correct him...