Why Do We Have The Book Of Rervelation ?

I love the book of "Revelation" And yes, it is a difficult book to understand and there are so many interpretations but Jesus said in the first chapter verses 1-3,

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

But there is a blessing in reading the book of Revelation. Before you read the Book of Revelation or any other book of the bible for that matter, pray that the Holy Spirit will give understanding. It was difficult for me to understand for a long time and I am not saying that I understand it all but the Holy Spirit helps me. You have the things that must take place shortly. God is allowing His children to know what is going to happen. That is God telling us don't be afraid, don't be fearful. These things must come to pass. So, when we see these things come to pass, we know that God is at work and we are protected. We all know that the time is near. But we have confirmation here in the word.

A brief introduction sets forth the main subject of the book to show to Jesus’ servants things which shortly must come to pass. Chapter four to the end of the book is mainly prophecy with practical exhortations and consolations.

1. John’s vision (Revelation 1:9-20)
2. The things which are and prophetically, the whole Christian dispensation (Revelation 2 and 3)
3. The things which shall come to pass and comprises the principal portion of the book (Revelation 4:1 to 22:5) This third division of the book can be divided into three main parts:
a. Tribulation period (Revelation 4:1–20:3)
b. Thousand year reign of Christ on earth (Revelation 20:4-15)
c. Period after the thousand year reign of Christ (Rev. 21–22)

God bless,

Godbe4me

Thank you Godbe4me ... I guess it is a Book that I seem to pass and I do know it is so important . We did do the whole Book in Bible Study and I have all the notes and a CD so it is also for me to apply myself and get down to study and that is my problem cause there are so many other Books in the Bible that I love to read .

But , yes , I need to ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and direction through this prophetic Book

But there is a blessing in reading the book of Revelation. Before you read the Book of Revelation or any other book of the bible for that matter, pray that the Holy Spirit will give understanding. It was difficult for me to understand for a long time and I am not saying that I understand it all but the Holy Spirit helps me. You have the things that must take place shortly. God is allowing His children to know what is going to happen. That is God telling us don't be afraid, don't be fearful. These things must come to pass. So, when we see these things come to pass, we know that God is at work and we are protected. We all know that the time is near. But we have confirmation here in the word.

That is right about not being fearful cause there arfe so many things now that arfe happening that have instilled fear in non- believers , but we who know are the ones to comfort and tell them about salvation and that is where we can open the converstaion to tell them about Jesus and they too can have eternal life just like us .

I was just reading about the Comforter and found this ::::: God does not comfort us to make us comfortable , but to make us comforters.

We can also say that we are living in exciting times as Jesus return is so close . Who knows , we might be the ones raptured ... Wow .... that is so exciting .

When I say many interpretations, I mean man's interpretations. I will say that we are not in the tribulation yet because the peace treaty between the anti-christ and Israel has not been signed yet and the temple has not been built yet for the Anti-Christ to enter and desecrate. The Anit-Christ must be on the scene before the tribulation begins. Also, Michael all of us goes through trials and tribulations. The poor countries that you speak of are having tribulations, I agree but they are not in the tribulation that the book of Revelation speaks of. The 7-year tribulation period will be a world wide event and not designated to a portion of a country.

For the most part, whenever the topic of end-time events are bought up, we end up having to close the thread because of the different beliefs everyone has concerning the book of Revelation which ends up in debates. So, please in order to keep this thread open, we all must respect each others opinions and respond or correct an error in a christian manner.

God bless,

Godbe4me

When I say many interpretations, I mean man's interpretations. I will say that we are not in the tribulation yet because the peace treaty between the anti-christ and Israel has not been signed yet and the temple has not been built yet for the Anti-Christ to enter and desecrate. The Anit-Christ must be on the scene before the tribulation begins. Also, Michael all of us goes through trials and tribulations. The poor countries that you speak of are having tribulations, I agree but they are not in the tribulation that the book of Revelation speaks of. The 7-year tribulation period will be a world wide event and not designated to a portion of a country.

For the most part, whenever the topic of end-time events are bought up, we end up having to close the thread because of the different beliefs everyone has concerning the book of Revelation which ends up in debates. So, please in order to keep this thread open, we all must respect each others opinions and respond or correct an error in a christian manner.

God bless,

Godbe4me

I don't subscribe to the Peace treaty interpretation of Daniel . the two three and a half times can mean any length of times . Coincidentally, the Two witnesses preach for 3 and a half years . are killed by the beast . and rise three and a half days later to authenticate their gospel with the sign of the resurrection .

The beast as referred to by the Angel is a nation . So it would stand to reason that during the tribulation . there would be those who are living in that country also . and since in revelation the beast is an amalgamation of all the nations . it would point to all the talk of globalization going on nowadays also .

I appreciate your view of how to interpret the book of revelation . I hope you can appreciate mine also .

Agape .

That was not what I was talking about Michael but to each his own. We were not discussing angels and nations and beasts. That is something different.

This exactly my point in threads being mis-read or mis-interpreted and debates starts.

God bless

That was not what I was talking about Michael but to each his own. We were not discussing angels and nations and beasts. That is something different.

This exactly my point in threads being mis-read or mis-interpreted and debates starts.

God bless

i did not mis-interpret or mis-read . if the beast is active now .. then we cannot be in the church age can we? so the whole dispensationalist argument falls apart . and there was a question earlier about angels in one translation and eagles in another . it is very relevant . all i was saying was i was coming from a completely different and scriptural premise . and equally valid position that has a different way of reading the text according to the text .

satan is the god of this world i say this because he controls people who are not saved or influences through media or other peoples words.so to me it is obvious if he says i want to destroy you people will not follow.but if he persuades you you are special or tries to copy scripture in his own perverse horrible way unknown to humans they will follow,ie give cancer then look good curing it then saying the people he persecutes deserve it for not following Christ when they are oblivious.satan has many ways to gain followers.follow our Lord and shame the devil,for the sicko thats him.

S. C. I think we are really getting off track here and not following the original topic of why the Book of Revelation is important and from what I can see Godbe4me has laid out a very good summary of the whole Book . We are not here debating all the different ways that man has translated this book because there are lot of grey areas that people have only speculated. We will know the finality only when we stay close to the Lord , follow Him and tell others about His saving grace and that is the most important part of our salvation and to love Jesus more than we love ourselves and be in His perfect will .

I am not here to debate what this one said or that one but to know the Way , the Truth and the Light . All else is secondary .

Thank you all for your comments . And please be civil with the rest of the thread . That is all I ask . God Bless .

Revelation …. The Greek Word for Revelation is apokalypsis ….” An unveiling “…. Sometimes called The Apocalypse. This Book is the only prophetic book in the Bible and being the last book it has it’s strategic .place as being the last and final book . This Book is written by John through a message from an angel sent by Christ who received it from God…… Rev 1:1-2.

John offers a blessing to all who read this prophesy and then introduces the main theme of the book : Jesus has conquered death , rules over all earthly powers and will come again. To judge all people .

The proclamation of Jesus Christ , which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place . He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John who testifies to everything he saw – that is the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ . Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophesy , and blessed are4 those who hear it and take it to heart what is written in it because the time is near .

Thanks to Godbe4me who took the time to put the structure of Revelation here for reference

very true dusty,lots of things have been changed,like adam and eve,when it was adam and chavah.the names can be manipulated for a reason.

Revelation is written in " apocalypic " form - a type of Jewish literature that uses symbolic imagery to communicate hope ( in the ultimate triumph of God ) to those in the midst of persecution . Thevents are ordered according to the literary , rather that strictly chonological patterns.

Understand that this letter was written thousands of years ago and reflects the specific needs of the original readers , and contains elements most easily understood by it's original readers . To understand its intended message we must try to understand as they understood it .

We also need to accept that the letter does not provide us with all of the answers we would like it to which would help us interpret its symbols .

Just to reiterate that Revelation over the years has been a book in question that the churches have debated over the years and has unanswered questions that modern man has speculated and debated and made distinctuive docrines for centuries .

Keep in mind that the core of our Christianity is faith in Christ , not the correct interpretation of future events .

It is ok to allow people their opinion when trying to interpret Revelation , particularly when it does not conflict with the fundamentals of salvation.

Back