1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

why do others attack christians and say jesus is false??

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by napninja4, Jan 6, 2011.

1. why do they beleive in other false gods and not beleive in Christ???
  2. Nonchristians? Because that's their choice. God gave us a freewill. They want to believe in what they want to and they may think that once they dedicate their lives to God, they won't have fun anymore. Which isn't true. I'm a Christian and I have tons of fun! :)

Anyways, that's why it's important for us Christians to show the love of Christ towards them. Not judging, but showing them love!
  3. I don't think there's any one reason, really. Some people are angry because they've been verbally abused by posers who claim to be Christians yet don't follow Christ and instead try to beat people over the head with the Bible. Some see something in the Bible they don't like, and focus on that without seeing the bigger picture. Some prefer the teachings of another religion to that of Christianity, so they "convert" to the other religion, regardless of the fact that wanting something to be true doesn't actually make that something true. Some realize that if the Bible's true then that spells doom for them, because they'd have to give up all their sinful pleasures in order to acknowledge the truth. So they go with a religion that approves of their prefered lifestyle. Some just altogether don't care whether the Bible's true or false and declare it false no matter what evidence there is in favor of it.
  4. Another of the many reasons may be that they don't like the idea that, since Christ did it all, they are beholden to Him. They like religious systems where they are in control and can create obligations of their version of deity or cosmic force or whatever. "If I pray enough, do good deeds, think good thoughts, meditate enough, etc. etc., then the cosmic forces or beings owe me. Since Jesus satisfied all the demands of reconciliation and relationship, all rewards, favor, intervention, etc. are granted at His discretion.
  5. Christs words are written for many people by God.
    some see him as the problem others the cure.others go the narrow road.
  6. I totally agree, Rumely. I think people like to adhere to a religion in which they can be god-like (or that is to see themselves as god over their own lives) through self-help books and religions that ultimately only benefit the self. In a way society is succumbing to the temptation of the serpent in the garden of Eden. Genesis 3:5 "you will be like God".
  7. There are many reasons why people believe in other gods, so it's a very wide branch of a subject.
    Some are raised in certain religions from birth, and thus, they rarely deviate from it and if they do, they can or will be persecuted for their beliefs.
    It is a choice for others, but that's being a bit simple.

Many gods were created from observing the natural world, and from marveling at the beauty of it. Even though ancient men were intelligent (more intelligent than most modern scientists and historians would like to say...), they still revered the earth, the universe, as being controlled by a deity, and the deity being expressed through the natural world.
  8. Because satan is trying to draw everyone away from Christ. You need to know that Christ is the only way. He is the door. The sheep enter by that door. If anyone tries to enter any other way, that man is a theif.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." -John 14:6

There is one way into the kingdom and that way is the Christ. And the devil knows that very well.

Suddenly there was a man in their synagogue who had an unclean spirit. He screamed, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!" -Mark 1:23-24

Even the devil knows about Christ and His authority. The last thing the devil wants is for man to know about it. Why do you think there are so many athiests around? Mankind was born with a knowledge about God but the devil works very hard to draw anyone and everyone away from Christ.

Now guess what? If satan can draw you away from the Christ then you don't have a door to go through. You can try to go through another way but then you would be a thief and guess what happens to thieves.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber." -Matthew 10:1

(Parable of the wedding banquet-Matt 22)
    "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' " -Matthew 22:11-13
  9. i like your wording.jesus and then christ.
    some think jesus christ.
    some like 23.
    the truth is people are decieved by morons.
    2 were released by Christ.
    and then later some want you to become trapped by another doctrine.