Why Did You Choose The Name You Use Here?

Come to think of it , your right. The dream team. I forgot bout that. hehe

That's OK my brother. Larry Shapiro was the one who told me.

speaking of forgetting things, I was in the bath room this morning, just standing there, and I forgot if I had just come in or was ready to go out.

Come to think of it. Yesterday I was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I could not remember if I had come down or was about to go up them.

I'm sure this has been done before, but I haven't seen it since i started here.
I'd love to see what you were thinking! :D
And if you want to call someone out to answer, please do!

I had chosen the username TalkJesus because of the forum I was banned from. It should have been called "Talk Spirit".

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

That was my point for choosing the username TalkJesus because the real indwelling Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself in seeking His own glory ( John 16:13 ) but testify of the Son ( John 15:26 ) in seeking His glory ( John 16:14 ) as those led by the Spirit of God will be doing the same thing ( John 15:27 ) because that is the mind of Christ we are to have in fellowship ( 1 Corinthians 1:9 ) and in worship ( Philippians 2:5-11 ) as the only way we can honour the Father is by honouring the Son ( John 5:22-23 ) as God can only be glorified as God by glorifying the Son ( John 13:31-32 )

So the Holy Spirit in us is not leading us to talk about the Spirit, but of the Son in seeking His glory, and by Him, the glory of God the Father, and so we are to be living this reconciled rel;ationship with God the Father thru Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

The Son of God relates to us thru the Holy Spirit as the Spirit is serving as the Spirit of Christ, but we are in response as the bride of Christ, to be relating back to the Bridegroom; not thru the Holy Spirit to God the Father, ( that also means God will not use His gift of tongues as coming without interpretation as a form of prayer language ) because Jesus really meant what He has said that there is no other way to come to the Father so believers can avoid false spirits as well as false prophets.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That is how we are His disciples when we serve the Son in seeking His glory, but nowadays, many believers have become disciples of the Holy Spirit in seeking the glory of the Holy Spirit in testifying of the Spirit here & there or Spirit this or Spirit that, and one wonders if the Son of God is on vacation or something.

The Son of God is our Good Shepherd and He guides us through the Holy Spirit in us. The Son of God is the author & finisher of our faith ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) as He is our confidence to finish His work He has begun in us to His glory ( Philippians 1:6-11 ) and thereby to the glory of God the Father ( Philippians 2:5-11 ) .

That means the Holy Spirit is not the Head of the church. The Holy Spirit is not running the show. The Holy Spirit cannot send Himself, and the Holy Spirit is not the One to be asking for the gifts of the Spirit or the fruits of the Spirit.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

That means all the words of the Spirit of Chrst are coming from the Son of God at that throne of grace as He leads us as the Good Shepherd He is.

John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:......11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

That means all the gifts of the Spirit & the fruits of the Spirit comes from Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit cannot answer prayers as God the Father is only glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Some believers' eyes may be rolling now because they can testify that the Holy Spirit does answer prayers and that He does respond when address in worship to come & fall on them with a sign, but that was not the Holy Spirit. They are forgetting that Catholics can say that Mary & patron saints can answer prayers too, and they pray to the Holy Spirit as well. So either those that wish to follow the Son of God as His disciple repent and talk "Jesus" only as led by the Spirit of God & scripture to do OR they are talking about something else in seeking the glory of; and thus not serving the Son as His disciples at all.

So a disciple is one that seeks the glory of the One they serve and since the Holy Spirit seeks to glorify the Son, then His disciples are led by the Spirit to do only one thing: to talk Jesus and to glorify the Son for it is ONLY by Him, that God the Father is glorified by; the name of Jesus, the Son of God; not Trinity; not Holy Spirit; but Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Hence the username TalkJesus as a call for believers to only Talk Jesus in being His disciples.

I had chosen the username TalkJesus because of the forum I was banned from. It should have been called "Talk Spirit".

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

That was my point for choosing the username TalkJesus because the real indwelling Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself in seeking His own glory ( John 16:13 ) but testify of the Son ( John 15:26 ) in seeking His glory ( John 16:14 ) as those led by the Spirit of God will be doing the same thing ( John 15:27 ) because that is the mind of Christ we are to have in fellowship ( 1 Corinthians 1:9 ) and in worship ( Philippians 2:5-11 ) as the only way we can honour the Father is by honouring the Son ( John 5:22-23 ) as God can only be glorified as God by glorifying the Son ( John 13:31-32 )

So the Holy Spirit in us is not leading us to talk about the Spirit, but of the Son in seeking His glory, and by Him, the glory of God the Father, and so we are to be living this reconciled rel;ationship with God the Father thru Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

The Son of God relates to us thru the Holy Spirit as the Spirit is serving as the Spirit of Christ, but we are in response as the bride of Christ, to be relating back to the Bridegroom; not thru the Holy Spirit to God the Father, ( that also means God will not use His gift of tongues as coming without interpretation as a form of prayer language ) because Jesus really meant what He has said that there is no other way to come to the Father so believers can avoid false spirits as well as false prophets.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That is how we are His disciples when we serve the Son in seeking His glory, but nowadays, many believers have become disciples of the Holy Spirit in seeking the glory of the Holy Spirit in testifying of the Spirit here & there or Spirit this or Spirit that, and one wonders if the Son of God is on vacation or something.

The Son of God is our Good Shepherd and He guides us through the Holy Spirit in us. The Son of God is the author & finisher of our faith ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) as He is our confidence to finish His work He has begun in us to His glory ( Philippians 1:6-11 ) and thereby to the glory of God the Father ( Philippians 2:5-11 ) .

That means the Holy Spirit is not the Head of the church. The Holy Spirit is not running the show. The Holy Spirit cannot send Himself, and the Holy Spirit is not the One to be asking for the gifts of the Spirit or the fruits of the Spirit.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

That means all the words of the Spirit of Chrst are coming from the Son of God at that throne of grace as He leads us as the Good Shepherd He is.

John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:......11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

That means all the gifts of the Spirit & the fruits of the Spirit comes from Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit cannot answer prayers as God the Father is only glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Some believers' eyes may be rolling now because they can testify that the Holy Spirit does answer prayers and that He does respond when address in worship to come & fall on them with a sign, but that was not the Holy Spirit. They are forgetting that Catholics can say that Mary & patron saints can answer prayers too, and they pray to the Holy Spirit as well. So either those that wish to follow the Son of God as His disciple repent and talk "Jesus" only as led by the Spirit of God & scripture to do OR they are talking about something else in seeking the glory of; and thus not serving the Son as His disciples at all.

So a disciple is one that seeks the glory of the One they serve and since the Holy Spirit seeks to glorify the Son, then His disciples are led by the Spirit to do only one thing: to talk Jesus and to glorify the Son for it is ONLY by Him, that God the Father is glorified by; the name of Jesus, the Son of God; not Trinity; not Holy Spirit; but Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Hence the username TalkJesus as a call for believers to only Talk Jesus in being His disciples.
You were banned from talkjesus?

You were banned from talkjesus?

Yep. And still banned, but in that case, my former username, I think it was "poorinspirit" way back then, was erased from file and so I was able to re-enlist again under a different username, "Jedidiah", but I have not been given access to post yet. I think their set up remembers the IP addresses of those banned and that may be the reason why I am not allowed to post. I do not know. I had contacted them at one time, if not twice, but no response and so I figure the site was sticking to the previous ban then. If they had erased all previous postings of my former username from former years, then they probably do not remember why I was banned, and so it would be unfair to say why here, but Jesus is still Lord.

Anyway, I had chosen TalkJesus as a username for this forum. How long the Lord would have me stay here is up to Him also.

Yep. And still banned, but in that case, my former username, I think it was "poorinspirit" way back then, was erased from file and so I was able to re-enlist again under a different username, "Jedidiah", but I have not been given access to post yet. I think their set up remembers the IP addresses of those banned and that may be the reason why I am not allowed to post. I do not know. I had contacted them at one time, if not twice, but no response and so I figure the site was sticking to the previous ban then. If they had erased all previous postings of my former username from former years, then they probably do not remember why I was banned, and so it would be unfair to say why here, but Jesus is still Lord.

Anyway, I had chosen TalkJesus as a username for this forum. How long the Lord would have me stay here is up to Him also.
why did you get banned?

Mine was actually quite difficult to conjure up, I mean there are so many cool names out there that mean so many different things. Then I thought of myself (as I normally do) and asked myself - "self, why not just use the name God has chosen for you", then I thought...BRILLIANT! Boom, there you go. Man I'm smart, where's my coffee.

I got kicked off a site, too, because I said I did not believe Solomon when he wrote, "for if you beat a child with the rod, he will not die."

So you made your name the same as the site you were banned from? LOL

I chose my name because I want to take up John the Baptist's motto: He must increase and I must decrease.

On some other sites I'll go by AndyBern, a shorted version of my name.

Back in the mid-80's to mid-90's, I used the BBS handle "Rodney The Roach" in New Jersey, because I lived in an old barracks at McGuire AFB, and there were plenty of the critters. Later, I noticed "Rodney Roach" appeared on a children's science website, Cockroach World (no longer up)... also in New Jersey. And I see "Rodney Roach" was also a character in the 1996 movie "Joe's Apartment". Looks like I started something.

I chose the name because at the time I thought it was super unique and true. I hadn't even heard "God is love" before that day as far as I can remember. I was a brand new Christian and literally knew close to nothing about Christianity back then. That was only like 5 months ago I think. Man have I learned a lot since then :)

That's OK my brother. Larry Shapiro was the one who told me.

speaking of forgetting things, I was in the bath room this morning, just standing there, and I forgot if I had just come in or was ready to go out.

Come to think of it. Yesterday I was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I could not remember if I had come down or was about to go up them.
thats not good

Because I can hold a lot of other peoples trash, and I get unloaded periodically.

Its now clear to me that your unparsimonious ability to collect the weighty concerns of others then methodically translates to the saturation of the the Spirit of God who renews your heavy spirit of intercession?

Back