Why did Simon get the title Peter?

My view on the plural and singular stuff is this. If Jesus ever said anything to anybody and just wanted them to hear it and no one else, it’s not in the Bible. Everything that Jesus said that is in the Bible, he wanted us all to hear it.

And back to the Aramaic writing… I tend to lean more towards the Greek primacy, along with the majority of biblical scholars.

Thanks Who I am I respect your view.

Only Simon called Peter received the Keys to heaven from our Father through Christ 19And I will give unto thee(the rock) the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou(the rock) shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou (the rock)shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

So it is obvious that Simon named Peter was appointed by our Father through Christ Jesus to be the leader of His Church on earth otherwise our Father through Christ would not have named Simon Peter and given him the keys to Heaven.Peter was told to feed His lambs and feed His Sheep by our Father through Christ Himself.

Did Paul still hold on to pharisee tradition of formation
in the old church in him and created a replica of figuration in the formation of the Catholic Church by appointing Linus as Bishop in Rome or was it by the hand of our Father through Christ? I believe it was by the hand of our Father.

These questions arise Did Paul regard Peter as the head of Christ Church on earth? I belief Paul did even if they disagreed on some issues, why because Paul called Simon Peter which the Lord gave him as an authority amongst them.

These question arise Did Peter die before Paul appointed Linus as bishop of Rome that lead to the birth of the Catholic Church and what about John being the successor as he was the original disciple left. This was the Lords will that Paul went to Rome for this purpose.Why because He knew what was awaiting Jerusalem and if the word was to be preserved and kept in Check for the future this needed to take place.

Keeping all prejudice away If it wasn't for the Catholic Church there wouldn't be any scripture for us today nor would the protestant reform taken place. All people are fallible including Church ministers as many of them I would assume have gone to hell for there misdeeds in all denominations, as well as adding many additions to scripture.

What I believe is that Christ is the foundation of the Church(cornerstone) and from that rock (Peter)and the disciples the other stones (members) of the body of Christ through faith,faith being a whole: Trust, Repentance and Obedience to the Commandments of God in Him.
We then receive the Holy Spirit of God and are required to have water Baptism as a sign of accepting His grace for remission of sins. For it is by grace through faith as a whole that we are reconciled by Him and for Him then enter into His reconciliation body and mind of Jesus Christ.
It is a personal relationship we have with the Father through Christ as with Christ once we receive the Holy Spirit and live by Spirit and truth.

When any two come together in agreement the Lord stands in the midst of them. Church means members in Christ literally as an organization not a physical organization it will not save you, but Christians go there for fellowship and prayer in masses.We worship our Father by living in Spirit and truth.

Lord Jesus said"
John 4:21

21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

John 4:22

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. Christ being the cornerstone and Peter being the rock and the disciples of faith in God through Christ Jesus being stones upon that rock which is built upon the cornerstone of Christ.

1 John 3:22

22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1 John 3:24

24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

brother in Christ

rodger

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus was asking him who He was and it was revealed to him. The point of this passage is spiritual revelation. The rock was revelation knowledge. That is what the church is built on. When the truth of God is revealed to us, it is so solid, even the gates of hell cannot prevail against us. He was called Peter, a rock, because he knew who He was: he recieved revelation.

Back