Why Did God Lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a faithless generation. There is far more promised now in this time besides just hoping to avoid hell.

God has never lied or failed anyone who believed And trusted in him. Not one time.

You may be right Michael. Still, to believe that, one must be willing to have faith as well as logic. Let's face it, there is no absolute way of knowing whether or not God is always telling the truth, or that He is who He says He is. We have little alternative but to put faith in that ideal and God's promises. I do attempt to walk by faith and not by sight. To my human sight, God looks cruel and evil to me, but I walk through life hoping and assuming that God is good because the Bible says so, because I feel that I have little other choice.

If by some chance that God isn't as benevolent as He claims, and I end up getting cast into Hell anyways, I'll at least have a clear conscience, believing that I did truly try my best during my life, and that nothing in my power could have changed anything. Hopefully as I mature as a Christian, I will begin to feel and believe that God is good, rather than just hoping and keeping blind faith. I tend to be a doubting Thomas by nature; hopefully that will change as time goes on. I welcome any prayers towards that end =D

You may be right Michael. Still, to believe that, one must be willing to have faith as well as logic. Let's face it, there is no absolute way of knowing whether or not God is always telling the truth, or that He is who He says He is. We have little alternative but to put faith in that ideal and God's promises. I do attempt to walk by faith and not by sight. To my human sight, God looks cruel and evil to me, but I walk through life hoping and assuming that God is good because the Bible says so, because I feel that I have little other choice.

If by some chance that God isn't as benevolent as He claims, and I end up getting cast into Hell anyways, I'll at least have a clear conscience, believing that I did truly try my best during my life, and that nothing in my power could have changed anything. Hopefully as I mature as a Christian, I will begin to feel and believe that God is good, rather than just hoping and keeping blind faith. I tend to be a doubting Thomas by nature; hopefully that will change as time goes on. I welcome any prayers towards that end =D

Well, it's not very logical to march around a walled city, then blow trumpets and the whole thing falls in. Not very logical to just split the red sea and cross it. God's idea of physics is not our idea of physics.

Now I am not sure what physical evidence your seeing that tells you God may not be all that good. I am not seeing the same things I guess where God is cruel and evil. Maybe you could explain what you think and some word may shed some light as to how God operates.

What I have found, I felt the same way at one time.

As for me, I also wondered if God was good. Facing 18-90 years in prison, they were talking around 50+

I figured that I better get to be a christian, whatever that was. Then I figured that I need to please God by reading his word. (dumb, but it's where I was at)
I also told God that whatever I saw in his Word, I would believe it and follow it. (Man there is lots of stuff in there)

I knew Jesus did the red letters so I just started out in Matthew, and got all the way to Luke. In Luke is the parable about the unjust judge, and how the women would have troubled the judge if He did not grant her strong request. Jesus then says, and will not God deliver them who cry day and night, though God has to bare with that crying?

My charges were all wrong and trumped up. I figured that scripture was saying that God would make them right somehow.

So, I just drank beer and read over that passage for about 7 months. Just over and over, I would get off work, grab the beer and get to reading until I got tired.

Through this time, the state offered plea deals, and my lawyer always hounded me to take them. However, none of the new charges ever lined up with what happened. I turned them all down based on that constant reading of that one passage.

I started to fully believe that passage in scripture, more than what they were trying to hook me up with. (It's called faith, but I did not know what it was or ever knew it was there)

The day before trial They offered me 5-15, which is a far better deal than the 18-90. They said it would be about 8 years, but one charge was still wrong out of the 3 felony charges. I told them no, we go to trial. I told the Lord that I believed what he said, and that is all I can do. My lawyer said that was it, and I would most likely spend most of my life in prison.

The day of trial I got ready, I knew if found guilty it was over. I read over my passage a few more times and started to walk out the door for the courthouse. As I walked out and shut the door, I heard the phone ring inside, so I unlocked it quick and ran to the phone.

It was my lawyer............. He said, Guess what I did, you won't believe it.

He said he just happened to bump into the states attorney and they got to talking about my case and the States attorney said he was willing to drop a charge and lower the other two charges. I asked my lawyer to read the new charges and it was pinpoint accurate with what I actually did.

I plead guilty and only spent 21 months in prison.

not to mention my son was suppose to be dead of cancer and a list of other amazing things God has done for me.

You can see why I am solid convinced God is very good, and Never has not come through for me one time.

God is no respecter of persons and everyone can know God this way.

blessings.

It's great to see how God got you out of a tough situation but what about those for whom he turns his back?

1Sa 8:18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

Job 30:20 I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not. (We wonder why Job....)

Psa 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Isa 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

My advice to "those" is to repent and get in obedience to the Word, nothing doubting.

Why are we tolerating this troll? He either refuses to reason or is incapable of it...
People just keep asking questions until there is no answer and then they say "See! God is not real!" or something like that. They aren't actually interested MOST of the time, and just want us to slip up. Or at least, that's my view on it. Although I'm not sure who you are talking about.

Surely you've had experience with trolls who come here basically to annoy people but the experience I've had is of difficult questions being met with hostility.

However the questions are still there and as a Christian I am interested in your answers to them.

Have I misinterpreted the quotes by MichaelH? There must be devout Christians who are simply unlucky or have bad things happen to them in their life.

Surely you've had experience with trolls who come here basically to annoy people but the experience I've had is of difficult questions being met with hostility.

However the questions are still there and as a Christian I am interested in your answers to them.

Have I misinterpreted the quotes by MichaelH? There must be devout Christians who are simply unlucky or have bad things happen to them in their life.

Go onto learning Genesis...most of their questions have been answered (even the Troll's) without hostility (just a call to reason)...

It's great to see how God got you out of a tough situation but what about those for whom he turns his back?

The only place I see where God turned His back on someone is with Israel (see Jeremiah 25)...and they so asked for it because they had adamantly turned their back on Him so many times for which He gave them blessing s and grace to draw them back and as soon as the blessing were flowing again and all were complacent...they turned again to their idols...and so on...

He turns His back on those who turn their back on Him (and that after many attempts to bring them back)....unless you can give me some specific examples?

My family (all of them) on my mothers side are devout Christians (Presbyterian and protestant I think) however my uncle and his family have recently fallen on tough times. He has lost his job and has since moved with his family over here where he cannot speak the language and is living on lower than minimum wage. The whole family has to pitch in together to help pay for the rent and living expenses.

Having been devout (very devout) Christians for so long, what did they do to deserve this?

My family (all of them) on my mothers side are devout Christians (Presbyterian and protestant I think) however my uncle and his family have recently fallen on tough times. He has lost his job and has since moved with his family over here where he cannot speak the language and is living on lower than minimum wage. The whole family has to pitch in together to help pay for the rent and living expenses.

Having been devout (very devout) Christians for so long, what did they do to deserve this?
We don't know everything about them, do you think WE have the eyes of God? Who knows why that stuff is happening, the Bible promises tribulation anyways.

Maybe you think it is bad luck (it happens)? Or do you think they deserved it? Do you think it is a test of their faith (they are still devout christians)?

It is not a punishment goggles (as if they deserved or did not deserve some kind of treatment)...it is a circumstance...Jesus tells us that in the world we will have tribulations but be of good cheer He has overcome the world and we are in Him...Christianity is not about having a problem free life. I do not think anyone ever preached that (except maybe the prosperity gospel-ists)...

In the 2001 recession I was laid off...I could not find work for three years. During this time my daughter and her son came to live with us and we took in a local young man we knew who would have been homeless (9 people in a 5 room apartment)...the Lord says if you seek first His kingdom and His righteousness you will have a place to live (I assume they do), they will have food (I assume they do) and will be clothed (I assume they do)...during the whole trial enough doors opened that we were all able to survive...it humbled us greatly but was that such a bad thing? We learned a very important lesson...no matter how difficult things can become God is faithful and we had to trust entirely (depending on Him alone and the meager resources He made available)...we never became closer to Him and in the end of it we were barely in debt (less than $5000) and our cabinets were full of food (not what we anted always but certainly what we needed)...we learned to trust in Him alone...

In His love

brother Paul

Well, it's not very logical to march around a walled city, then blow trumpets and the whole thing falls in. Not very logical to just split the red sea and cross it. God's idea of physics is not our idea of physics.

I agree with you there lol. I believe that God is completely unlimited in his abilities. They are awe inspiring at the very least!

I plead guilty and only spent 21 months in prison; not to mention my son was suppose to be dead of cancer and a list of other amazing things God has done for me.
You can see why I am solid convinced God is very good, and Never has not come through for me one time.

Your story is amazing! I believe that God was looking out for you, and it's wonderful that everything has worked out the way that it did.

God is no respecter of persons and everyone can know God this way.

I don't understand, could you rephrase that?

Now I am not sure what physical evidence your seeing that tells you God may not be all that good. I am not seeing the same things I guess where God is cruel and evil. Maybe you could explain what you think and some word may shed some light as to how God operates.

Well, I've seen a lot of evil in my lifetime. Being a philosopher and a truth seeker, I've opened myself up to reality as much as possible. I've spent time on places like rotten.com and leakwire.com, places where you can watch people die in horrendous ways. I've read about horrible tragedies that have been inflicted on good people, even true Christians. Heck, even Nero enjoyed using us as live human torches. This seems to indicate that God will not always protect believers from the horrors of this world and in fact allows us to be harmed.

Even when humans and sin nature are both removed from the equation, nature is cruel beyond measure. Some creatures inflict terrible suffering on others, and I cannot help but wonder what God was intending when he created those creatures. I would cite the Emerald Jewel Wasp as a particularly insidious example (hopefully that URL link works). The world just doesn't seem like the product of a loving and compassionate being.

I also perceive God's requirement of Jesus' sacrifice to be a bit extreme, and just seems wrong to expect of your beloved Son, when forgiveness can be granted freely anyways. I've always had a difficult time with the concept that God requires more than we can pay for something that we can't completely control. I'm glad that Jesus allows us the free gift of grace, but it still troubles me that God has such extreme requirements for atonement.

My views are based on the following assumptions:

a). I assume that a perfect, all powerful, all knowing, all wise, loving God's creation would reflect those qualities and would have no unintentional problems or flaws.

b). I assume that needless suffering is bad and a symptom of imperfection.

c). I assume that much of the suffering in our world is needless.

d). I assume that making others to suffer needlessly is evil or irresponsible.

e). I assume that people cannot control what they believe, yet may still be punished by God based on not believing in Jesus.

f). I assume that God is responsible for all acts of creation.

My logic is as follows:

Being perfect and all knowing, God cannot unintentionally make mistakes; that being the case, God must have intentionally created man, the world, or Lucifer with flaws. Suffering was made possible by God's design (our nerves are designed for just that purpose), therefore, God intentionally created the ability to suffer. God is all powerful, which means that He allows us to suffer while fully capable of protecting us each and every time.

Considering the world is such a horrible place, I must come to one of several conclusions:

a.) God is all powerful, but allowed imperfection to enter the world, and intentionally allows us to suffer.

b.) God is not all powerful. Things got out of control and He's either gone or unable to put things right.

c). God is evil and enjoys the chaos and destruction.

d). God is unsympathetic to the suffering of the world.

e). God is loving and has a design higher than my human ability to comprehend.

Option e is the only one that has hope in it, so that's the one that I cling to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back