1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are Israelis So Happy?

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by jerusalemgifts, Feb 20, 2014.

1. As I shared in my last blog, out of 151 countries, Israel ranked as the fifteenth happiest country in the world. In a Bloomberg study of 48 advanced economies in terms of the efficiency of their health care systems, Israel ranked 4th, with a life expectancy of 81.6 years. (In comparison, the US ranked 46th with a life expectancy of 78.6) In addition, Israel was rated the second highest in the world in terms of life satisfaction and “experiencing well-being”. Life satisfaction was categorized as good health as well as ‘subjective well-being: a sense of individual vitality; the opportunity to undertake meaningful, engaging activates, inner resources that help one cope when things go wrong; close relationships with friends and family; and belonging to a wider community’. Enough statistics for now! I’ll attempt to translate the statistics into everyday life in the Israeli and Jewish world.

A number of years ago I was on an extensive and intensive speaking tour in New Zealand, that beautiful country at the other end of the world from Israel. After having spoken one evening at a home fellowship, while we were having coffee and cake in the living room, I tried to explain to them one of the special hallmarks of Jewish life. As I told them that night, “One of the gifts that the Lord has given us as a people—and as a nation—is a sense of family. I can meet another Jewish person any place in the world, and there is no sense of strangeness. We’re just able to talk as if we’d known each other forever! And when non-Jewish individuals truly put their lives in Yeshua’s (Jesus’ Hebrew, real name) hands, they will sense God’s love for the Jewish people. And He makes them a part of that sense of family with the Jewish people!” It was a bit hard to express to them what it really means, but the Lord was about to give a live demonstration! Everyone was talking quietly and peacefully. About ten minutes later, an Israeli Believer came to the home fellowship. Now I had never seen her before, and we had never met. But the minute she found out that I was also Jewish, from Israel—and a Believer in Yeshua as the Messiah, we started talking and sharing and laughing together as though we had been friends all of our lives. It was an eruption of sound and joy that astonished everybody else! She insisted that I spend the night with her and her family and happily whisked me away. After pizza at her home we talked until about 2:00 in the morning.

Read more at News from Jerusalem
  2. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Because they are rich! Lol
  4. Is 'rich' how you would define happiness Lyle?
  5. #5 Lyle_Savant, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Of course not, that is why I said Laugh Out Loud (lol). Well, I thought it was funny... ;-)
  6. Shalom Lyle - my response was not delivered from a critical standing - Israeli's do like clarity - Shabbat shalom Lyle
  7. They are so happy because they are the Very Elect of God. They will be even happier when they acknowledge that Christ was actually the Messiah & obey the gospel (Acts 2-38)) of the New Testament.
  8. In the meantime - it is 'good news' for the world until the full incoming of the gentiles
  9. Yes, thank God, worked out good for us "dogs". Engrafted into the vine now, circumcised with the circumcision made without hands.