1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why Abortion is murder.

Discussion in 'Family and Parenting' started by THALLON, May 27, 2016.

1. I must admit to having a lazy compromising view on abortion in the past, that somehow in some circumstances a woman is okay to just flush away a life.
    but recently I had to make a definite statement and clarify my own view.
    so here it is:
    My life, your life, as a human being on a timeline,
    begins at a zero point when the sperm fertilises an egg.
    Beyond that zero point is murder.
    It is murder of a life.

A life is not a growth, an anomaly, a something.
    When a woman chooses abortion, regardless of the reason, she has killed a human being even at the zero point of pregnancy, regardless of the features or ability or otherwise of that human. A human never begins when it is born at the nine month mark.

Her Rights and Cultural/religious groups.
    Should a woman have an abortion because of the inconvenience of peer pressure of family or work? Should a woman be forced and live in fear because of the cultural or the religious view of her family or relatives? Be they Muslim or Christian or whatever ethnic minority from where ever in the world they may have come?
    No. How have women gained any kind of equality when others have forced her to their way of thinking? If it’s not a question of equality then it is at least one of freedom from oppression.

A Woman’s rights over her own body.
    A woman like a man has the right to protect her own body and its parts, however once she becomes pregnant she by having an abortion is not just attempting harm to herself but is taking away any rights of a future unborn human being regardless of its legal status.

STATUS of a fertilised egg.
    While it has no current immediate status, it does so as a future fully functioning member of society.
    Abortion is a direct attack of harm against the zero point on the timeline of a human being.
    It is not a question of its FUNCTIONAL ability but its LEGAL entity
    It has come to exist as a fact and therefore should have a legal equality with its mother even though they now SHARE the same body.
    You can wipe away many illegitimate evil people from History by Abortion, but you will also wipe away: Confucius, Leonardo da Vinci, Lawrence of Arabia, Eva Peron, William the Conqueror, Oprah Winfrey, Sophia Loren, Etc

I say these things only to any woman contemplating such an act,
    I certainly won't be outside the clinic waving a flag or quoting scriptures,
    or condemning you, you will have enough to deal with.
    You need only understand you have sinned and need to repent and confess to God,
    not to me or man.
    But rather....
    If you find life inside of you, no matter what the cause,
    you have inside of you innocence and greatness,
    a future, a hope, a prosperity if you nurture them with love.

2. #2 calvin, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    G'day there THALLON,
    Isn't it also true that placing a woman in the position of having to carry a baby against her desires also a denial of her equality and freedom?
    I agree with much of what you say, however there needs to be a great deal of compassion extended to a woman/girl faced with an unwanted pregnancy.
    There is no black and white here..I don't believe, there is, must be some grey areas.
    I personally know a woman (not closely) who was raped and left with an unwanted pregnancy. She elected to go full term, but would have nothing to do with the baby who was then reared by grandmom. That child grew up in a family environment where he knew his birth mom and knew she would not even acknowledge him and why she would not. Should he have been aborted? I think if we were to ask him, he would be horrified at the thought, and vote in favour of life..his.

I think one important and unknowable fact omitted from your reasoning is::
    At what point does the Zygote/embryo/foetus acquire the status of 'image of God'?
    God is Spirit, not flesh and blood, so at some unknown point during the gestational period the human spirit, the image of God as it were, is placed within the unborn child, when does this happen?
    At any time before this happens, would it be fair to say that the unborn is the image of man only?
    So in my understanding, we start out as a Zygote, and by the time we are born, we are gifted with the spirit from God which imparts to us the image of God.
    One question I have, and must leave the answer to those much more knowledgeable that I ,
    if a human 'baby' were to be aborted before the gifting of spirit, would that same spirit then be gifted to another baby?
    Interesting and challenging thread THALLON thank you for posting it.

Melizza and Waggles say Amen and like this.
  3. @calvin
    On murder and deliberate killing of another:
    Gensis 9:6
    Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
    Exodus 21:14
    But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.
    Leviticus 24:17
    And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death.
    Numbers 35:31
    Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.

Manslaughter:
    Exodus 21:13
    And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.
    Numbers 35:11-12
    Then ye shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee thither, which killeth any person at unawares.
    And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.
    Joshua 20:2-3
    Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses:
    That the slayer that killeth any person unawares and unwittingly may flee thither: and they shall be your refuge from the avenger of blood.

KILLING OF UNBORN CHILD:
    Exodus 21:22-25
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished,
    according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
    And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, [mischief = H611 > hurt] further harming to the woman...
    Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
    Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

As far as I can read that is about the only verses on penalties for the killing of an unborn child.
    There is no death penalty, no life for life punishment in respect to this.
    However the Hebrew word for this use of strive is - H5327 naw-tsaw' go forth, desolate, to quarrel - implying that the death
    of a child in the womb is a by-product of violent behaviour against the woman, rather than the wanton killing of a baby for
    convenience as it is today.
    In the end there is no death penalty for the killing of an unborn child or in causing a miscarriage of a baby.
    Calvin is thinking along my thoughts - that it is not until a baby is born and takes his or her's first breath that they become a
    living soul - created in the image of God - possessing a soul.
    Genesis 2:7
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Job 33:4
    The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Melizza and Abdicate say Amen and like this.