Why 666, why that number and how can we recognize it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Peki, Mar 7, 2016.

1. But not in that order?:)

mikec711 and Major say Amen and like this.
  2. Absolutly correct!

3. I am sure you know what you are speaking about. All I can do is compare the translations.

Strong's Concordance............
    chxs: abbreviation for six hundred sixty-six
    Original Word: "χξϛ"
    Transliteration: chxs
    Phonetic Spelling: (khee xee stig'-ma)
    Short Definition: 666

NAS Exhaustive Concordance........
    Word Origin
    i.e. chi xi sigma....: "χξϛ"
    Definition
    abb. for six hundred sixty-six, variant reading for NG1812, NG1835, NG1803, q.v.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 5516: "χξς"
    χξς, six hundred and sixty-six (chi Χ = 600; xi Ξ = 60; sigma ς' = 6), a mystical number the meaning of which is clear when it is written in Hebrew letters,

A few samples of the English Gematria: http://www.gematrix.org/gematria.php
    MARK OF BEAST = 666
    BEAST TEST = 666
    A SATANIC MARK = 666
    RECEIVE A MARK = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... he causeth all ... to RECEIVE A MARK ...")
    THE HAND OR HEAD = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... receive a mark in their RIGHT HAND, or in their FOREHEADS.")
    FOREHEAD SIGN = 666 (Rev 13:16)
    A ADSX BIO CHIP = 666 (Rev 13:16-17; ADSX was the old NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)
    DIGA E-IMPLANT = 666 (DIGA is the new NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)
    E-TRADE MARKS = 666
    E-IDENTITY = 666
    PEOPLE SIN = 666 (Rom 3:23)
    SON OF SIN = 666 (Jn 8:44; Rom 5:12)
    STUBBORN = 666 (1 Sam 15:23)
    HARDENED HEART = 666 (Heb 3:8, 15, 4:7)
    WICKED WILL = 666666 (Jer 17:9-10)
    BOOK OF THE DEAD = 666 (Dan 7:9-10; Rev 20:12)
    AN ABSENCE OF GOD = 666 (Eph 2:12)
    IMAGE OF SATAN = 666

4. Those 3 letters are Greek letters. They are like saying XEC, which in English means nothing. Take the Greek letters and translate them - you can't. Here's the link: https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/χξϚ

That's the problem. There's no translation for it because it's more possibly Arabic transliterated into Greek by error of the scribes. The idea of 666 comes from both Greek and Hebrew do not have 1,2,3 characters to represent numbers, they use their letters A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Because of this, and because the letters mean nothing in Greek, erroneously people are applying this to the three letters which have a numerical value of 600, 60, and 6. Therefore saying "666". This is not scriptural. If the word of God wants to say a number, it's spelled out like six, seven, twelve thousand, not F, G, ABZZZ. Even in Hebrew no where in the word of God is a number substituted for a letter, it spells it out. Gematria is real, and there are gems found in the word of God, but not in the plain text. 666 is a deception of the devil to hide the truth.

5. See how wrong all this is? You can say then, 660! Now with computers the written format is all but gone. I believe the Lord will allow an original Revelation to be found one day and it will show Bismillah and the X. God help those who didn't translate it as God intended and changed the book John wrote. All translations are in this error on this matter. It would have been better if they had left the three Greek letters rather than try and translate the untranslatable. Look at the Vaticanus Codex and you'll see the odd line above the letter. They didn't translate every word from Hebrew!

6. And their all wrong brother. There's nothing to translate. All of them chose to do Gematria and as such you have more theories of 666 than you do chapters in the word of God. But you'll believe what you always do, so God bless.

7. That is true, and as we read on through Revelation, we are told that the number of the beast is a man's number or the number of man, either way it is not a number of the Lord. So this number comes from a numbering system derived by man's reckoning, not the Lord's................probably.

Major likes this.
  8. in a bizarre coincidence...talking about 666,
    Yesterday I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for my wife to come out of the shops
    when a van pulled up beside me, old beat up, three young guys got out and guess what was written on the side of the van....666...in big black letters
    [presumably the surfie types were referring to their van as the beast.]
    then,
    today I was driving and pulled up behind some cars at such an angle that the vehicle up ahead, another van, had a big phone number
    on its back and I could see only the last three digits of the phone number......I ....do ...not... lie... it was 666

9. Really? ALL of them are wrong but you are right? Isn't Gematria the substitution of numbers for letters in the Hebrew alphabet?

Now do not misunderstand me as I am not arguing with you as I also believe that the theology of Islam thoroughly – even systematically – fulfills all of the definitive elements of anti-Yahweh, anti-Christ theology as specified by John the Apostle in his first epistle.

All I am saying is that in the simplest of terms, the Mark of the Beast is essentially the emblem, the symbol, or the identifying mark of the coming Beast kingdom. By donning this mark, people will identify with the Kingdom of the Beast and the values and beliefs that this kingdom represents.

The next point is essential: The Mark of the Beast (the identifying symbol of the Antichrist kingdom) is not something that someone might accidentally embrace or receive. It is rather, an outward indicator of an inward allegiance or submission to the Beast. It is something that one must choose to accept.

Abdicate likes this.
  10. Amen! Through and through. :D

To answer your question, no, not once does the Hebrew of the Bible use Gematria in the plain text. Because the translators don't know what those 3 Greek letters are, they assume it's Gematria and translate it that way. Whoever the first one was is the guilty party because no one has a different answer and they used the first guy's Gematria translation. I verified that all 68 translations I have, including Aramaic, use 666 or spell it out six-hundred-sixty-six. But as I stated, and is a fact, χξς does not mean anything in Greek. As such, translators have resorted to Gematria. Why am I so steadfast that this is the Arabic bismillah? Because I took the letters, rotated and printed them out and gave them to an Iraqi, Bahraini, Egyptian, and Jordanian and they all said "that's say bismillah - in the name of Allah".

This is what I did. I took the Vaticanus Codex here (I boxed the three Greek letters):

[​IMG]

I extracted them:

[​IMG]

Separated them: [​IMG] [​IMG] and mirror and rotated the last one [​IMG]

I put them back together:

[​IMG]
    I took this and gave it to my daughter to ask her native Arabic speakers what it means. I didn't even tell my daughter what it meant. I only said this one thing to her: "This is Arabic. What does it say?" Though they all agreed that it wasn't perfectly written (see below), they all saw Bismillah. I then took it my Bahraini and Egyptian friends. They agreed bismillah.

[​IMG]

Most said that they didn't know what the X was, but one surprisingly told me it was the symbol of the Muslim Brotherhood:

[​IMG]

I believe it could also be the symbol of the rehals (the stand on which the qur'an is displayed)

[​IMG]
    or the fact that in almost every symbol of Islam is the crossed swords:

[​IMG]
    Somali Islamic Court Flag

[​IMG]
    Terrorist Video

[​IMG]
    A coaster you can buy in the UK

But as Thayer said about this ... "the meaning of which is the basis of much vain speculation"

I think John saw the bismillah and wrote it, but because none knew Arabic of today, they thought it to be the three Greek letters because they closely resembled it. And isn't it amazing that even in the error of men, God still got His message through! :D

11. Have you ever heard of the Dale Carnegie course of "How to speak to people and make friends"???????

Abdicate likes this.
  12. Your response just reminded me of an eMail tag line I saw (I've not seen "Dr. Who" .. but this makes me want to see it): "First things first, but not necessarily in that order". Dr. Who

calvin likes this.
  13. Now, now y'all....don't y'all know that the mark is actually gonna be a computer chip stuck onto yer head? I know this fer a fact....seen it in a movie once! :)

14. If you are interested I could share important info.

15. Welcome to the forum. Usually it's customary for new members to enter their first post in the welcome area. Nonetheless, welcome again, and please take a moment to read the Community Rules. :D

16. Thank you for this explanation. I had never heard this before.

17. So I have some more information since this one went over like a brick. Well, 666 isn't in the scriptures, as understood by Rev 13:18. What is written there are three Greek letters that have no more meaning than HPX has in English. So, rather than leave them untranslated, all translators jumped to Gematria and have branded 666 as of the devil. I'm going to show you what 666 really is using the universal language, no translation needed, mathematics.

While some definitions of Gematria have been hijacked (like "gay"), it simply means that both Greek and Hebrew use their alphabet for their numbers. Neither have symbols for their numbers. So, A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. There are mathematical miracles by studying Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1. Of course, as with anything true, the devil will make a religion out of it so it is feared and rejected by the whole. In the 1970's, "meditation" was a very dirty word and "Christians need to avoid it at all cost because of the 'gurus' who teach it," all the while the word of God states to meditate on the word of God day and night.

All I'm saying is, anyone who wishes to know the truth through the work of the Holy Spirit, will come and discover these amazing gems. Others will take these gems and turn it into something to be feared. Equal Letter Sequence is another subject that people are saying "It's evil!! It's divination!" but it's there, and God put it there. The math and ELS are there as impossible statistical anomalies, no more and no less than evil befalling Jews on 9 Av for four thousand years.

The God who made the utter complexities of the universe is not going to keep only to the plain text of the written word. You know this because you can read a passage for 20 years, quote it verbatim, only for one day to "discover" something new in it. That's the Holy Spirit's job.

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV)
    [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. ​

The word of God is simply a map to Jesus and His mission and His deity. John 5:36-41 Therefore everything, whether it's DNA in our bodies, or the math of the word of God, it's going to miraculously generate anomalies and mysteries to point to Yeshua the Messiah. Those that love puzzles will love this. Others that enjoy a love story, or poetry will find it in the word of God.

666 is a myth... contrived by the devil to hide the truth. We are carbon-based life forms. Man was made on the sixth day. Jesus is One too. Carbon has 6 electrons, 6 protons, and 6 neutrons. Diamonds are compressed carbon. Six is a perfect number in mathematics, the first one, and it's the second triangle (3 is the first not counting 1). 666 is the first triangle number divisible by 37, a prime number. 37 = 666/18 = 666/(6+6+6). The next one is 703 and 2701, which is the sum of Genesis 1:1, also a triangle number. The perimeter counters of 2701 triangle sum to 216 which is 6x6x6. 2701 = 703 + 1998 = 703 + 3x666 In fact, three triangles of 666 points is found in Genesis 1:1 mathematically. The white triangle is 703 circles. The three brown triangles are 666 circles. The entire large triangle is 2701 circles.

[​IMG]

This is derived by Genesis 1:1 because both Greek and Hebrew use their letter as numbers. i.e. A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.

[​IMG]

The sum of the letters in Genesis 1:1 amount to 2701 and is divisible by 37 and 73, mirrors of each other and both being prime numbers. 37 divides 2701 and 666. The numbers 703 and 666x3 sum to 2701. Genesis 1:1 also generates trapeziums as well, but that's another story.

Genesis 1:1, being divisible of 37 X 73 = 2701. Both 37 and 73 create stars. Here are 37 stars of 73 points = 2701, Genesis 1:1.

[​IMG]

Here are 73 stars of 37 points = 2701, Genesis 1:1

[​IMG]

With that said, 666 points to the God head as is derived by the words in Genesis 1:1.

[​IMG]

The first 5 words equate to 3x666 - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the earth being 703, surrounded by God.

[​IMG]

Here are three 666's surrounding "and the earth" which is the white triangle of 703 circles. There's the real 666 and it's a doozy.

Cturtle likes this.
  18. #38 Christian Guy, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:21 PM
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:28 PM
    Revelation 13:16-18
    16 It [The image] also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast [The Anti-Christ] or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast [The Anti-Christ], for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Today there are many theories as to what this is referring to, so many it’s as if Satan himself has promoted the number out of pride, and arrogance, and maybe also to try and hide the real meaning. When John wrote this by divine revelation, it was no different than any of the other Bible ‘riddle,’ and by letting the Bible interpret the Bible the answer is easily found in the only other place the Bible that mentions 666, as you read on notice the wealth that Solomon had:

1 Kings:10:14-25
    14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories. 16 King Solomon made two hundred large shields of hammered gold; six hundred shekels of gold went into each shield. 17 He also made three hundred small shields of hammered gold, with three minas of gold in each shield. The king put them in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon. 18 Then the king made a great throne covered with ivory and overlaid with fine gold. 19 The throne had six steps, and its back had a rounded top. On both sides of the seat were armrests, with a lion standing beside each of them. 20 Twelve lions stood on the six steps, one at either end of each step. Nothing like it had ever been made for any other kingdom. 21 All King Solomon’s goblets were gold, and all the household articles in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon were pure gold. Nothing was made of silver, because silver was considered of little value in Solomon’s days. 22 The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons. 23 King Solomon was greater in riches and wisdom than all the other kings of the earth. 24 The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart. 25 Year after year, everyone who came brought a gift, articles of silver and gold, robes, weapons and spices, and horses and mules.

This is all to do with wealth and ultimately its dangers as Jesus clearly warned us about so often. In Revelation, we are told the False Prophet will order the image of the beast to be set up in Jerusalem, which issues the mark in order for people to buy and sell goods. By then this image will have already been set up all over the world, over the last seven years while the Anti-Christ reigns. Israel will have been the most wealthy nation on Earth, and the False Prophet will now try to gain even more wealth from the dire situation, along with the Anti-Christ. This is not the first time the Bible has shown this type of thing to happen, as you have just read with Solomon for instance, it also happened in Joseph’s time with the seven years of famine and seven years of plenty in Egypt. And as we know:

1 Timothy 6:10
    For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith, and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Having money itself is not evil, but greed is. However, as long as you do not wander from the faith, there is no limit to how much money a Christian can be blessed with.

Matthew 22:21
    Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

A clue to the Anti-Christ's identity, besides his vast wealth, also lies amongst 1 Kings 10:

1 Kings:10:22
    The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes, and baboons.

Hiram and Solomon were on friendly terms, and Hiram had supplied much of the materials for the building of the temple, he is also mentioned just before verse 22:

1 Kings:10:11
    Hiram’s ships brought gold from Ophir; and from there they brought great cargoes of almugwood, and precious stones.

Hiram was the King of Tyre:

1 Kings 9:11
    King Solomon gave twenty towns in Galilee to Hiram king of Tyre, because Hiram had supplied him with all the cedar, and juniper, and gold he wanted.

Tyre, a port town of Phoenicia, now modern day Lebanon, was under nominal rule from the Assyrian Empire during the seventh century BC, and the kings of Assyria conquered the northern kingdom of Israel, defeating the northern tribes, and taking many of them into slavery. Later in the sixth century BC, around the time the Babylonians invaded the southern Kingdom of Israel and destroyed Solomon’s temple, the book of Ezekiel gave a prophecy concerning the then King of Tyre, who is also mentioned in 1 Kings 16:31 as Ethbaal III. Notice here in these verses how this prophecy could easily be describing the governor of Tyre as the Anti-Christ, and the King of Tyre as Satan:

Ezekiel 28:1-19
    1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, say to the governor of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:” ’In the pride of your heart you say, “I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.” But you are a mere mortal, and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god. 3 Are you wiser than Daniel? Is no secret hidden from you? 4 By your wisdom and understanding you have gained wealth for yourself and amassed gold and silver in your treasuries. 5 By your great skill in trading you have increased your wealth, and because of your wealth your heart has grown proud. 6 “ ’Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “ ’Because you think you are wise, as wise as a god, 7 I am going to bring foreigners against you, the most ruthless of nations; they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom and pierce your shining splendour. 8 They will bring you down to the pit, and you will die a violent death in the heart of the seas. 9 Will you then say, “I am a god,” in the presence of those who kill you? You will be but a mortal, not a god, in the hands of those who slay you. 10 You will die the death of the uncircumcised at the hands of foreigners. I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.’ ” 11 The word of the LORD came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: “ ’You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. 14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. 16 Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. 17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendour. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end, and will be no more.’ ”

This clearly draws a comparison between the Anti-Christ and Satan. However, Ethbaal III was a nominal king who was besieged by Nebuchadnezzar around the same time Nebuchadnezzar also laid siege to Jerusalem, but geographically Lebanon is important in helping to identify the Anti-Christ. More information as to the identity of the Anti-Christ can also be found in Micah chapter five, written before the fall of the northern kingdom, this chapter starts with the foretelling of the Assyrian siege of the Northern Kingdom of Israel in the seventh century BC, but then jumps to a description of Jesus’ birth, then Jesus’ time of ministry, and then His second coming, finally from verse five onwards it describes Jesus fighting the Anti-Christ at the battle of Armageddon:

Micah 5:1-14
    1 “Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; They have laid siege against us; With a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek. 2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel [Jesus]. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.” 3 Therefore He will give them up until the time when she who is in labour has borne a child. Then the remainder of His brethren will return to the sons of Israel. 4 And He will arise, and shepherd His flock in the strength of the LORD, In the majesty of the name of the LORD His God. And they will remain, Because at that time He will be great, to the ends of the earth [Jesus’ second coming]. 5 This One will be our peace. When the Assyrian invades our land, When he tramples on our citadels [The Anti-Christ], Then we will raise against him Seven shepherds, and eight leaders of men. 6 They will shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword, The land of Nimrod at its entrances; And He [Jesus] will deliver us from the Assyrian [The Anti-Christ] When he attacks our land And when he tramples our territory. 7 Then the remnant of Jacob will be among many peoples Like dew from the LORD, Like showers on vegetation which do not wait for man or delay for the sons of men. 8 The remnant of Jacob will be among the nations, among many peoples like a lion among the beasts of the forest, like a young lion among flocks of sheep, which, if he passes through, tramples down and tears, and there is none to rescue. 9 Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries, and all your enemies will be cut off. 10 “It will be in that day,” declares the LORD, “That I will cut off your horses from among you, and destroy your chariots. 11 “I will also cut off the cities of your land, and tear down all your fortifications. 12 “I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you will have fortune-tellers no more. 13 “I will cut off your carved images, and your sacred pillars from among you, so that you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands. 14 “I will root out your Asherim from among you, and destroy your cities. “And I will execute vengeance in anger, and wrath on the nations which have not obeyed.”

Although this prophecy pointed to the Assyrian invasion of Israel in the seventh century BC, this was but a foreshadow of this prophecy’s final fulfilment, which culminates with Jesus’ second coming. The actual translation of ‘the Assyrian’ is singular and describes an individual. Micah foretold not only of Jesus’ birth place in Bethlehem, but also the country from which the Anti-Christ will rise from, Assyria. Assyria was Israel’s first major enemy after the establishment of its Kingdom by King David, and King Solomon, and is now geographically comprised of modern day Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, southeast Turkey, and western Iran. The Anti-Christ will therefore come from one of these countries, and possibly even from Tyre itself, or maybe he will have a connection to both, such as being born in one and then living in the other. After all, Jesus was prophesied as having a connection to more than one place: Bethlehem, Egypt, Nazareth, Galilee, Zebulun, and Naphtali. Another verse from Isaiah also mentions this Assyrian:

Isaiah 10:5-8
    5 “Woe to the Assyrian, the rod of my anger, in whose hand is the club of my wrath! 6 I send him against a godless nation, I dispatch him against a people who anger me, to seize loot, and snatch plunder, and to trample them down like mud in the streets. 7 But this is not what he intends, this is not what he has in mind; his purpose is to destroy, to put an end to many nations. 8 ‘Are not my commanders all kings?’ he says.

bobinfaith likes this.
  19. Rev 13:18 is misinterpreted in every translation. There are no numbers in the Greek.

bobinfaith likes this.
  20. bobinfaith likes this.