Why 666, why that number and how can we recognize it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Peki, Mar 7, 2016.

1. But not in that order?:)

mikec711 and Major say Amen and like this.
  2. Absolutly correct!

3. I am sure you know what you are speaking about. All I can do is compare the translations.

Strong's Concordance............
    chxs: abbreviation for six hundred sixty-six
    Original Word: "χξϛ"
    Transliteration: chxs
    Phonetic Spelling: (khee xee stig'-ma)
    Short Definition: 666

NAS Exhaustive Concordance........
    Word Origin
    i.e. chi xi sigma....: "χξϛ"
    Definition
    abb. for six hundred sixty-six, variant reading for NG1812, NG1835, NG1803, q.v.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 5516: "χξς"
    χξς, six hundred and sixty-six (chi Χ = 600; xi Ξ = 60; sigma ς' = 6), a mystical number the meaning of which is clear when it is written in Hebrew letters,

A few samples of the English Gematria: http://www.gematrix.org/gematria.php
    MARK OF BEAST = 666
    BEAST TEST = 666
    A SATANIC MARK = 666
    RECEIVE A MARK = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... he causeth all ... to RECEIVE A MARK ...")
    THE HAND OR HEAD = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... receive a mark in their RIGHT HAND, or in their FOREHEADS.")
    FOREHEAD SIGN = 666 (Rev 13:16)
    A ADSX BIO CHIP = 666 (Rev 13:16-17; ADSX was the old NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)
    DIGA E-IMPLANT = 666 (DIGA is the new NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)
    E-TRADE MARKS = 666
    E-IDENTITY = 666
    PEOPLE SIN = 666 (Rom 3:23)
    SON OF SIN = 666 (Jn 8:44; Rom 5:12)
    STUBBORN = 666 (1 Sam 15:23)
    HARDENED HEART = 666 (Heb 3:8, 15, 4:7)
    WICKED WILL = 666666 (Jer 17:9-10)
    BOOK OF THE DEAD = 666 (Dan 7:9-10; Rev 20:12)
    AN ABSENCE OF GOD = 666 (Eph 2:12)
    IMAGE OF SATAN = 666

4. Those 3 letters are Greek letters. They are like saying XEC, which in English means nothing. Take the Greek letters and translate them - you can't. Here's the link: https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/χξϚ

That's the problem. There's no translation for it because it's more possibly Arabic transliterated into Greek by error of the scribes. The idea of 666 comes from both Greek and Hebrew do not have 1,2,3 characters to represent numbers, they use their letters A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Because of this, and because the letters mean nothing in Greek, erroneously people are applying this to the three letters which have a numerical value of 600, 60, and 6. Therefore saying "666". This is not scriptural. If the word of God wants to say a number, it's spelled out like six, seven, twelve thousand, not F, G, ABZZZ. Even in Hebrew no where in the word of God is a number substituted for a letter, it spells it out. Gematria is real, and there are gems found in the word of God, but not in the plain text. 666 is a deception of the devil to hide the truth.

5. See how wrong all this is? You can say then, 660! Now with computers the written format is all but gone. I believe the Lord will allow an original Revelation to be found one day and it will show Bismillah and the X. God help those who didn't translate it as God intended and changed the book John wrote. All translations are in this error on this matter. It would have been better if they had left the three Greek letters rather than try and translate the untranslatable. Look at the Vaticanus Codex and you'll see the odd line above the letter. They didn't translate every word from Hebrew!

6. And their all wrong brother. There's nothing to translate. All of them chose to do Gematria and as such you have more theories of 666 than you do chapters in the word of God. But you'll believe what you always do, so God bless.

7. That is true, and as we read on through Revelation, we are told that the number of the beast is a man's number or the number of man, either way it is not a number of the Lord. So this number comes from a numbering system derived by man's reckoning, not the Lord's................probably.

Major likes this.
  8. in a bizarre coincidence...talking about 666,
    Yesterday I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for my wife to come out of the shops
    when a van pulled up beside me, old beat up, three young guys got out and guess what was written on the side of the van....666...in big black letters
    [presumably the surfie types were referring to their van as the beast.]
    then,
    today I was driving and pulled up behind some cars at such an angle that the vehicle up ahead, another van, had a big phone number
    on its back and I could see only the last three digits of the phone number......I ....do ...not... lie... it was 666

9. Really? ALL of them are wrong but you are right? Isn't Gematria the substitution of numbers for letters in the Hebrew alphabet?

Now do not misunderstand me as I am not arguing with you as I also believe that the theology of Islam thoroughly – even systematically – fulfills all of the definitive elements of anti-Yahweh, anti-Christ theology as specified by John the Apostle in his first epistle.

All I am saying is that in the simplest of terms, the Mark of the Beast is essentially the emblem, the symbol, or the identifying mark of the coming Beast kingdom. By donning this mark, people will identify with the Kingdom of the Beast and the values and beliefs that this kingdom represents.

The next point is essential: The Mark of the Beast (the identifying symbol of the Antichrist kingdom) is not something that someone might accidentally embrace or receive. It is rather, an outward indicator of an inward allegiance or submission to the Beast. It is something that one must choose to accept.

Abdicate likes this.
  10. Amen! Through and through. :D

To answer your question, no, not once does the Hebrew of the Bible use Gematria in the plain text. Because the translators don't know what those 3 Greek letters are, they assume it's Gematria and translate it that way. Whoever the first one was is the guilty party because no one has a different answer and they used the first guy's Gematria translation. I verified that all 68 translations I have, including Aramaic, use 666 or spell it out six-hundred-sixty-six. But as I stated, and is a fact, χξς does not mean anything in Greek. As such, translators have resorted to Gematria. Why am I so steadfast that this is the Arabic bismillah? Because I took the letters, rotated and printed them out and gave them to an Iraqi, Bahraini, Egyptian, and Jordanian and they all said "that's say bismillah - in the name of Allah".

This is what I did. I took the Vaticanus Codex here (I boxed the three Greek letters):

[​IMG]

I extracted them:

[​IMG]

Separated them: [​IMG] [​IMG] and mirror and rotated the last one [​IMG]

I put them back together:

[​IMG]
    I took this and gave it to my daughter to ask her native Arabic speakers what it means. I didn't even tell my daughter what it meant. I only said this one thing to her: "This is Arabic. What does it say?" Though they all agreed that it wasn't perfectly written (see below), they all saw Bismillah. I then took it my Bahraini and Egyptian friends. They agreed bismillah.

[​IMG]

Most said that they didn't know what the X was, but one surprisingly told me it was the symbol of the Muslim Brotherhood:

[​IMG]

I believe it could also be the symbol of the rehals (the stand on which the qur'an is displayed)

[​IMG]
    or the fact that in almost every symbol of Islam is the crossed swords:

[​IMG]
    Somali Islamic Court Flag

[​IMG]
    Terrorist Video

[​IMG]
    A coaster you can buy in the UK

But as Thayer said about this ... "the meaning of which is the basis of much vain speculation"

I think John saw the bismillah and wrote it, but because none knew Arabic of today, they thought it to be the three Greek letters because they closely resembled it. And isn't it amazing that even in the error of men, God still got His message through! :D

11. Have you ever heard of the Dale Carnegie course of "How to speak to people and make friends"???????

Abdicate likes this.
  12. Your response just reminded me of an eMail tag line I saw (I've not seen "Dr. Who" .. but this makes me want to see it): "First things first, but not necessarily in that order". Dr. Who

calvin likes this.
  13. Now, now y'all....don't y'all know that the mark is actually gonna be a computer chip stuck onto yer head? I know this fer a fact....seen it in a movie once! :)

14. If you are interested I could share important info.

15. Welcome to the forum. Usually it's customary for new members to enter their first post in the welcome area. Nonetheless, welcome again, and please take a moment to read the Community Rules. :D

16. Thank you for this explanation. I had never heard this before.

17. So I have some more information since this one went over like a brick. Well, 666 isn't in the scriptures, as understood by Rev 13:18. What is written there are three Greek letters that have no more meaning than HPX has in English. So, rather than leave them untranslated, all translators jumped to Gematria and have branded 666 as of the devil. I'm going to show you what 666 really is using the universal language, no translation needed, mathematics.

While some definitions of Gematria have been hijacked (like "gay"), it simply means that both Greek and Hebrew use their alphabet for their numbers. Neither have symbols for their numbers. So, A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. There are mathematical miracles by studying Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1. Of course, as with anything true, the devil will make a religion out of it so it is feared and rejected by the whole. In the 1970's, "meditation" was a very dirty word and "Christians need to avoid it at all cost because of the 'gurus' who teach it," all the while the word of God states to meditate on the word of God day and night.

All I'm saying is, anyone who wishes to know the truth through the work of the Holy Spirit, will come and discover these amazing gems. Others will take these gems and turn it into something to be feared. Equal Letter Sequence is another subject that people are saying "It's evil!! It's divination!" but it's there, and God put it there. The math and ELS are there as impossible statistical anomalies, no more and no less than evil befalling Jews on 9 Av for four thousand years.

The God who made the utter complexities of the universe is not going to keep only to the plain text of the written word. You know this because you can read a passage for 20 years, quote it verbatim, only for one day to "discover" something new in it. That's the Holy Spirit's job.

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV)
    [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. ​

The word of God is simply a map to Jesus and His mission and His deity. John 5:36-41 Therefore everything, whether it's DNA in our bodies, or the math of the word of God, it's going to miraculously generate anomalies and mysteries to point to Yeshua the Messiah. Those that love puzzles will love this. Others that enjoy a love story, or poetry will find it in the word of God.

666 is a myth... contrived by the devil to hide the truth. We are carbon-based life forms. Man was made on the sixth day. Jesus is One too. Carbon has 6 electrons, 6 protons, and 6 neutrons. Diamonds are compressed carbon. Six is a perfect number in mathematics, the first one, and it's the second triangle (3 is the first not counting 1). 666 is the first triangle number divisible by 37, a prime number. 37 = 666/18 = 666/(6+6+6). The next one is 703 and 2701, which is the sum of Genesis 1:1, also a triangle number. The perimeter counters of 2701 triangle sum to 216 which is 6x6x6. 2701 = 703 + 1998 = 703 + 3x666 In fact, three triangles of 666 points is found in Genesis 1:1 mathematically. The white triangle is 703 circles. The three brown triangles are 666 circles. The entire large triangle is 2701 circles.

[​IMG]

This is derived by Genesis 1:1 because both Greek and Hebrew use their letter as numbers. i.e. A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.

[​IMG]

The sum of the letters in Genesis 1:1 amount to 2701 and is divisible by 37 and 73, mirrors of each other and both being prime numbers. 37 divides 2701 and 666. The numbers 703 and 666x3 sum to 2701. Genesis 1:1 also generates trapeziums as well, but that's another story.

Genesis 1:1, being divisible of 37 X 73 = 2701. Both 37 and 73 create stars. Here are 37 stars of 73 points = 2701, Genesis 1:1.

[​IMG]

Here are 73 stars of 37 points = 2701, Genesis 1:1

[​IMG]

With that said, 666 points to the God head as is derived by the words in Genesis 1:1.

[​IMG]

The first 5 words equate to 3x666 - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the earth being 703, surrounded by God.

[​IMG]

Here are three 666's surrounding "and the earth" which is the white triangle of 703 circles. There's the real 666 and it's a doozy.