1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why 666, why that number and how can we recognize it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Peki, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Why 666 number, how and when will we be able to recognize it? What's the point of mentioning that number?

2. Glad you asked because it's not a number :) John was told to write what he saw. No where else in the scriptures is anything remotely like this. The number is direved by the misunderstanding of those that copied his writings, hence his warning not to change anything in his book. But alas, it wasn't 100% their fault. He wrote it all in Greek and when they came to that part, they didn't know what it was so they wrote what they thought it was, 3 Greek letters. Actually, we have to thank the Vatican for the answer, as they have the oldest written copy, and here it is:

What John saw was the the words "In the name of Allah". To get a more in-depth understanding, read my study, page 192, http://www.abdicate.net/chronology of man.pdf
    Ravindran and KingJ say Amen and like this.
  3. #3 Complete, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    'Here is wisdom.
    Let him that hath understanding
    count the number of the beast:
    for it is the number of a man;
    and his number is
    Six hundred threescore and six.'

(Rev 13:18)

Hello @Peki,

In Greek, 666 is expressed by letters: the first of which stands for 600, the second for 60, and the third for 6. The last is not a real letter, but was a mark invented by the Greeks to represent 6. They called it 'stigma', and it is not without significance that, as associated with man, the word has come to be used in a bad sense.

The number six, with it's multiples, is the number of man.

Ancient pagan mysteries were marked with the secret symbol SSS or 666: and the same is seen apparently in the revival of Spiritism and Theosophy; which aims at the union of all religions in one.

Ref 'Commentary on Revelation' by E.W.Bullinger

In Christ Jesus
    Major likes this.
  4. #4 Complete, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    'Here is wisdom.
    Let him that hath understanding
    count the number of the beast:
    for it is the number of a man;
    and his number is
    Six hundred threescore and six.'

(Rev 13:18)

Hello again, @Peki,

The number 666 has, moreover, another remarkable property. Is is marked by the triple concentration or essence of six, being the sum of all the numbers which make up the square of six. The square of six is 36; and:-

21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28+29+30+31+32+33+34+35+36 = 666

Ref 'Commentary on Revelation' by E.W.Bullinger

In Christ Jesus
  5. 'Now the weight of gold
    that came to Solomon in one year
    was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold, '

(1 Kings 10:14)

Hello, yet again, @Peki,

Out of curiosity I looked up the words, 'six hundred threescore and six' in the concordance: and found it once more in Scripture, in the verse above. In the margin of my Bible it is said concerning it,

'( ... Symbolical of the height or essence of man's desire, but all vanity
    (Compare Ecclesiastes 2:8.11; 1 Timothy 6:10
    ... )'

* Looking up Ecclesiastes 2:8-11 and 1 Timothy 6:10:-

'So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem:
    also my wisdom remained with me.
    And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them,
    I withheld not my heart from any joy;
    for my heart rejoiced in all my labour:
    and this was my portion of all my labour.
    Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought,
    and on the labour that I had laboured to do:
    and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit,
    and there was no profit under the sun. '

(Ecc 2:9-11)

'For the love of money is the root of all evil:
    which while some coveted after,
    they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    But thou, O man of God, flee these things;
    and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith,
    love, patience, meekness.
    Fight the good fight of faith,
    lay hold on eternal life,
    whereunto thou art also called, ... '

(1Ti 6:10-12a)

* I love God's Word, Praise God for it.

Thank you, Peki,
    In Christ Jesus
    popsthebuilder likes this.
  6. I have heard and read so much about this :) Some say it is actually 616 and not 666. Some say it is not a number. Some say it is 666 and have an explanation. I am not going to pick a fight on this :)

Number 7 generally denotes completeness, which is an attribute of God himself. 777 would be sort of indicative of trinitarian God. Man was created on 6th day and fell short. So 6 sort of indicates falling short. Satan would try to deceive the world as messiah, but he will fall short. He kind of poses false trinity as per revelation and it would be appropriate to indicate it as 666.
    JG27_chili and Major say Amen and like this.
  7. Revelation 13:18 (proper translation)
    Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding consider the multitude of the beast: for it is the multitude of a man; and his multitude is χξς.​

- Original: ἀριθμός
    - Transliteration: Arithmos
    - Phonetic: ar-ith-mos'
    - Definition:
    1. a fixed and definite number
    2. an indefinite number, a multitude

- Original: ψηφίζω
    - Transliteration: Psephizo
    - Phonetic: psay-fid'-zo
    - Definition:
    1. to count with pebbles, to compute, calculate, reckon
    2. to give one's vote by casting a pebble into the urn
    3. to decide by voting

So first, this will require wisdom and understand. Gematria (number substitution for letters) is not in the word of God and is only applied here for reasons men have tried to identify what John was saying instead of waiting on its fulfillment, 2 Pet 1:20. Still, it is a prophecy that we need to understand in order to recognize its fulfillment. Here is what a former Muslim terrorist, now a Christian has to say about this:

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding reckon (or decide, discern) the multitude of the beast, for it is the multitude of a man [that is, Muhammad and or the Mahdi - Antichrist] and his multitude [are identified through the following] "In the name of Allah and the two swords (or Jihad)." Walid Shoebat​

Seems a whole lot more plausible today than the Gematria solutions of William Jefferson Clinton, Ronald Wilson Reagan, George W. Bush, Bill Gates, Mikhail Gorbachev, Pope, Vicarius Filii Dei, or the Hebrew rendition of Neron Kaisar, and any other questionable world leader. Even the World Wide Web since in Hebrew the w is a vav and holds the value of 6, WWW, 666. Utter ludicracy. In fact, the truth is many of the fragments of this verse when applying Gematria have 616 as @Ravindran has stated, as well as 665. Could these inconsistencies not be the result of scribes trying to understand the writing of John of a foreign language - Arabic - mistaking them for Greek letters, which in today's characters Arabic is just as different as Hebrew today compared to David's day?

See for yourselves:

The assumption of the scribes was that of the rest of the book is in Greek, these squiggles must be too. Hence the error in not just transcribing what John wrote and warned of Rev 22:19. No other writing in scriptures gives this warning.

Interestingly, or not, the song by Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" contains Bismillah and Beelzebub, Ba'al or Lord of the Flies! youtu.be/R3_0Pky8vVg?t=3m29s

Freddy Mercury has an Iranian heritage and is a Zoroastrian. Mulsims await the mark of the beast:

“the task of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from the non believers...it will draw a line on the forehead of every muslim believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous.”​
    [Abu Huraira / Tirmidhi, by Sheik Ahmed Ali in “Major Signs before the Day of Judgement”]

Finally, why would taking a piece of man-made technology (RFID chip, tattoo, barcode) send you to hell? It wouldn't. To take the mark of the beast is to pledge allegiance to him. To become a muslim, one need only to quote the Shahada in Arabic which means: There is no god but Allah. Muhammad is the messenger of God.

And that quote is what is on the foreheads of these kids:

Here's a headband or armband:

666 is an invention of the devil to mislead the real signs. Unless we're not in the end times at all, then this is all speculation to be ignored.
  8. hi, the last time I looked into this was about 5 or 10 years ago, and i'm no clearer,
    at that time I concluded that Belshazzar, the last king of Babylon was the 666 number, there was some number calculator,
    its not very simple because are you talking about 666 in Hebrew or Greek?
    so your doing a cross translation in which the letters and vowels take on different meanings or don't even exist.
    Did u know hitlers membership number was 555.
    i'm not very wise.
  9. There is no 666, that's what I'm saying. That is why no one can figure it out, it doesn't exist.
  10. 15The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause
    all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
    16It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave,
    to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,
    17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark,
    which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
    18This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast,
    for it is the number of a man.
    e That number is 666.

I'll stick with Revelations, looks pretty obvious to me.
    the second beast forces the whole world to receive a 'mark'
    not just a financial authorisation mark to buy or sell but a mark of worship, so it may be that it has absolutely no real power like an chip or a barcode but is simply
    to identify everyone for extermination who does not worship the beast.
    so the mark is either his name
    or his number.

it says that if you have wisdom you can calculate his number to identify him I suppose.
  11. Looking at this 666 in the Greek,

χ = means 600
    ξ = means 60

But Ϛ is not classic letter for 6. It is stigma, meaning a mark, brand or stamp usually from a master as in showing ownership. The word stigma is used once by Paul in Galatians 6:17 to portray the marks of ownership of Jesus Christ over his life.

F was the letter for 6, but it is unclear when the transition was from the letter F to Ϛ was made for the letter 6. Ϛ is sometimes considered Byzantine in origin. But I have found no definitive source for what the Apostle John would have used for the number 6.
  12. Good stuff Chris. I do not know if you know this, I assume you do by the use of the number chart you posted. That is Babylonian!!!

The Babylonians believed that numbers had power over their gods they worshiped so they assigned numbers to their gods so that they could have power over them. They did this by counting their gods and assigning a consecutive number to each of the 36 lesser supreme gods, and then added up these numbers (from 1 to 36) and assigned the sum to the sun god. The sun god was assigned number 1 as it was the father of all gods and thus was also the male deity. The moon god was assigned number 2 and of course was the female deity. The gods numbered from 3 through 36 were considered the children of the sun and the moon god, which included the various stars and constellations that these gods were associated with.
  13. I am going to stick with you and the Scriptures as well.
    calvin likes this.
  14. The beast apparently can control who can and cannot buy and sell. If they do not have the beast’s mark, then they have no power to buy or sell.

Rev. 13:16........
    “It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads”.

This mark was “so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man [literally the number of humanity]. That number is 666” .

It seems fairly clear to me.
    calvin likes this.
  15. Except the word of God doesn't say "666", that's man's translations. It says "χξϚ" which contains no known meaning. No where in the scriptures is Gematria used. When it is a number, it says the number, "twelve thousand". It's a grave error to apply this wrong thinking to this passage as it'll cause people to miss the truth, which is happening.
  16. On the word "mark" it is:

G5480 χάραγμα charagma (khar'-ag-mah) n.
    1. a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue)

This is a badge of servitude in John's time. Islam uses these in every event and can be seen whenever they gather in protest or civil unrest or war. Muslims are slaves to Allah, by their own admission.

Islam has a list of conduct in buying an selling: http://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-selling-and-buying issue 745

Our money has the marks of presidents, except for Ben Franklin and Hamilton - recently more. So when the AC comes, his system will bear his mark, his name, or reckoning of his name. Arabic calligraphy is some of the most beautiful of all artistic writings.

"and when the word if fulfilled concerning them, We shall bring fourth a Beast of the Earth to speak unto them because mankind had not faith in Our revelations" Qur'an 27:82​

"The job of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from the non-believers, with Prophet Moses' staff it [the beast] will draw a line on the forehead of every [Muslim] believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous and with the ring of Solomon it will seal the nose of every non-believer where by his whole face will become black." Abu Huraira-Musnad Ahmed/Tirmidhi, by Shaykh Ahmed Ali in his Major Signs Before the Day of Judgement

Notice that Muslims WANT the mark of the beast! There is so much more proving that we need to be watching Islam. After all, when Jesus comes to rule, all the places He fights are Islamic nations. Don't remain stuck in traditions, see the word of God in action, today, now.
  17. Revelation 7:3 (KJV)
    Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. ​

G4972 σφραγίζω sphragizo (sfrag-id'-zo) v.
    1. to stamp (with a signet or private mark) for security or preservation
    2. (by implication) to keep secret, to attest

God puts a security seal on His 144,000 male virgin Jews. Sealed like a vault, sealed like a government document for the Kingdom of God. The mark of the beast isn't God's seal. The word mark about the beast is only used 9 times in the word of God and only found in the book of Revelation with a single exception:

Acts 17:29 (KJV)
    Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. ​

The devil's mark is a trinket, a sculptured image, something that says "I believe the devil over God Almighty", for which no one who takes and worships the beast will ever enter heaven. So, this thing, is something that thumbs the nose at God and not just a man-made object. It's a belief, it is blasphemy and only the word of God links this. I've been a Christian for over 3 decades and I've never hear one preacher say this, but it is in the word of God. Stick to the word of God and not the vain imaginations of man.
  18. I don't quite understand this statement abi , i'm getting old my mind can't think too deep anymore,
    XEC must mean something?
    surely scripture says he who has wisdom can understand the XEC or whatever that squiggly letters are?
  19. Yeah. In the absence of the original autographs, I'll put my money on those gifted by the Holy Spirit to translate the manuscripts we do have. If 666 or 616 is what spills out of the translation mill, that is good enough for me.
  20. Me too.
    Major likes this.