1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Who's "Tom " In tomcat ?????

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Dusty, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Who's "Tom " In tomcat ?????

Who is the “Tom” in “tomcat,” the name for male cats? Plus, you have a pack of dogs, but a “what” of cats?

[​IMG]Ailurophiles (cat fanciers) will tell you that it makes perfect sense female cats are called queens. “Tomcat,” however, is a little trickier. While we’re on the feline topic, what is the name for a group of cats, and where does the myth of cats’ nine lives originate?
    Meow. (What do people in Japan say instead of ”meow?” Here’s the answer.)
    It turns out that the term for a male cat is associated with a fictional character from long before CONTINUE READING »
  2. I don'y understand the Q D
  3. I guess they would be called a "den" of cats, you recon??
  4. the cat den .. yeah could work that ..
  5. lol
  6. Cause male cats are usually called tomcats. If you are not a cat lover , you would not know that . He he
  7. I OWN a cat. Female tho. what do ya call them.?
  8. Well MattyPoo, you KNOW what I call a female cat, heheheeeeee.:smiley10:
  9. Oh puppies say the darndest things ..
  10. ya call em Kitty :)
  11. Here , kitty , kitty .... LOL
  12. Ah they don't care what name you call them as long as you call them when it's time to eat!!
  13. I also grew up with cats. All the boy cats' were named ..George, Ralph, Spanky, Rufus, Cat, but never Tom. heheheheheheeh

14. Ha ha .... That is true but mine tell me when it's time to eat . It's like a chorus line and does not stop till food is in their bowl
  15. That is so true .. i wonder if they have a picture of Girly Caats playing poker?
  16. I used to breed and raise Siamese cats, to me they are soooooooooooooo mysterious like me!!! heheheeeeee..my first one was a male and I named him Pyowacket from one of my favorite movies, "Bell Book and Candle." Oooooooooo how I love that movie!