Who Wrote Revelations?

Who Wrote Revelations

We just started our study of the book of Revelation's @ my Church last night, and as I was listening to my Pastor she referred to whom the author could have been. She believed it was the Apostle John, which I also believe, but there are many in the “intellectual world” of Christianity that are not convinced it was the Apostle John. This kind of knowing never comes by or to logical analytic thinking persons, as all revelations are only given by God to that person by the Spirit of God. Revelations 1:1 only says it was given to his servant John. How to proof that the Apostle John was the author was the question I had in my heart to the Lord. To me, the Lord has always answered these kinds of questions I have as soon as I begin to ponder them, which is really cool, because I am not a smart person by any means. The Lord, and I are very tight in our relationship with each other!!!

What I learned from the Lord I am going to share with whoever will listen. The Book of Revelations was given differently from any other book in the Bible. All scripture is given by “inspiration” of God (2 Tim 3:16) so that always stays the same, but the method in how it was given to John was changed.

We know that no scripture is of any private interpretation, but Holy men of God “spoke” as they were being moved by the Spirit of God. (2 Peter 1:21) In the Apostle Johns case Jesus told him how to write it down. Instead of the Holy Spirit moving him to speak he was told “write down the things he saw” and then send it to the seven Churches.(Revelations 1:11, Revelations 1:19) The entire book of Revelations was given by “vision”, and John was to write down every thing Jesus would show him.

Why would John be picked as the person to give these revelations to the Churches? The word “Revelation” means to “unveil, or to show something that was once hidden from view”, so the book of Revelations is a unveiling or bringing into view of who Jesus Christ is.

I think before anyone can know why the Apostle John was given these revelations we need to understand why Jesus would give these vision to a person. This is all tied, and connected to “loving” Jesus!!! Jesus tells us how he expects us to “love” him. (this is very very important)

John 14:21.. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

We love Jesus by “keeping” his commandments which is his Word. The Greek word “keepeth”, in this scripture means “to guard, and to protect.” I know some other Bible translations say “to do his commandments...” Well, doing his commandments is “guarding and protecting” his Word in us.
Guarding His Word from what? “The cares of this world”, “the deceitfulness of riches”, and “the lusts of other things”. What do these things do? They stop (choke) the Word from producing it's intended purpose in the one who has it.

What did Jesus say he would do to the one who “loved” him, by guarding and protecting his Word in them? He said he love them back in return. How exactly does Jesus “love” us?

…..I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. “ (John 14:21)

Jesus loves a person by revealing himself to them!!! The word “manifest” means, “to cause to be
seen something that was once unseen, To take a cover off so you can see what was once
hidden, to make appea
r”!!!!!

The Apostle John was known as the “one Jesus loved”

Joh_19:26.. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Joh_21:7.. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

Joh_21:20.. Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

How can I connect the Apostle John to the one whom Jesus loved?

The Apostle John was a “Word” man. He loved Jesus's words in which he spoke. He mentions, and
uses the word, “Word” in all of his writings more often than any other Apostle. The Apostle John talks
about “keeping that which you have heard from the beginning in you

1Jn 2:24.. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

The “thing” that is to remain in you from the beginning is the Word of God. This the only way in
which we love Jesus, by keeping his Word in us by guarding and protecting it. The Apostle John fully
understood what happens to a person who does this. Jesus guarantees that he would reveal himself to
that person!!!

The Reason the Apostle John was chosen to give the most profound book in the bible was because he
(John) was a Word man. He loved Jesus by keeping his Word in him, and Jesus simply reciprocated in
loving him back by revealing himself to John in his Glorified state

Ooh happy day(s) :) :)

Last edited:
Who Wrote Revelations

We just started our study of the book of Revelation's @ my Church last night, and as I was listening to my Pastor she referred to whom the author could have been. She believed it was the Apostle John, which I also believe, but there are many in the “intellectual world” of Christianity that are not convinced it was the Apostle John. This kind of knowing never comes by or to logical analytic thinking persons, as all revelations are only given by God to that person by the Spirit of God. Revelations 1:1 only says it was given to his servant John. How to proof that the Apostle John was the author was the question I had in my heart to the Lord. To me, the Lord has always answered these kinds of questions I have as soon as I begin to ponder them, which is really cool, because I am not a smart person by any means. The Lord, and I are very tight in our relationship with each other!!!

What I learned from the Lord I am going to share with whoever will listen. The Book of Revelations was given differently from any other book in the Bible. All scripture is given by “inspiration” of God (2 Tim 3:16) so that always stays the same, but the method in how it was given to John was changed.

We know that no scripture is of any private interpretation, but Holy men of God “spoke” as they were being moved by the Spirit of God. (2 Peter 1:21) In the Apostle Johns case Jesus told him how to write it down. Instead of the Holy Spirit moving him to speak he was told “write down the things he saw” and then send it to the seven Churches.(Revelations 1:11, Revelations 1:19) The entire book of Revelations was given by “vision”, and John was to write down every thing Jesus would show him.

Why would John be picked as the person to give these revelations to the Churches? The word “Revelation” means to “unveil, or to show something that was once hidden from view”, so the book of Revelations is a unveiling or bringing into view of who Jesus Christ is.

I think before anyone can know why the Apostle John was given these revelations we need to understand why Jesus would give these vision to a person. This is all tied, and connected to “loving” Jesus!!! Jesus tells us how he expects us to “love” him. (this is very very important)

John 14:21.. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

We love Jesus by “keeping” his commandments which is his Word. The Greek word “keepeth”, in this scripture means “to guard, and to protect.” I know some other Bible translations say “to do his commandments...” Well, doing his commandments is “guarding and protecting” his Word in us.
Guarding His Word from what? “The cares of this world”, “the deceitfulness of riches”, and “the lusts of other things”. What do these things do? They stop (choke) the Word from producing it's intended purpose in the one who has it.

What did Jesus say he would do to the one who “loved” him, by guarding and protecting his Word in them? He said he love them back in return. How exactly does Jesus “love” us?

…..I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. “ (John 14:21)

Jesus loves a person by revealing himself to them!!! The word “manifest” means, “to cause to be
seen something that was once unseen, To take a cover off so you can see what was once
hidden, to make appea
r”!!!!!

The Apostle John was known as the “one Jesus loved”

Joh_19:26.. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Joh_21:7.. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

Joh_21:20.. Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

How can I connect the Apostle John to the one whom Jesus loved?

The Apostle John was a “Word” man. He loved Jesus's words in which he spoke. He mentions, and
uses the word, “Word” in all of his writings more often than any other Apostle. The Apostle John talks
about “keeping that which you have heard from the beginning in you

1Jn 2:24.. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

The “thing” that is to remain in you from the beginning is the Word of God. This the only way in
which we love Jesus, by keeping his Word in us by guarding and protecting it. The Apostle John fully
understood what happens to a person who does this. Jesus guarantees that he would reveal himself to
that person!!!

The Reason the Apostle John was chosen to give the most profound book in the bible was because he
(John) was a Word man. He loved Jesus by keeping his Word in him, and Jesus simply reciprocated in
loving him back by revealing himself to John in his Glorified state

Ooh happy day(s) :) :)

Hi Brother
First of all please do not take this the wrong way for i am not trying to prove anything here other then something i have come to learn.
There is no book in the bible called revelations. No sir it is The Revelation of Jesus.

It is the Revelation of Christ Jesus.
Not nit picking here Curtis, it just bugs me when some one says the the revelations or the revelations of John.

It is thee Revelation of Jesus.
Again I don't mean to sound nit picky but it is what it is brother.
Blessings and love
FCJ

Back