Which thief were you?

Which thief were you?

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment....

Hebrews 9:27

The Crucifixion

When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified Him and the criminals, one on the right and the other on the left. But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.

And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One.”

The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine, and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!” Now there was also an inscription above Him, “THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.”

One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!”

But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?“And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.”

And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour, because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two. And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT.” Having said this, He breathed His last. Now when the centurion saw what had happened, he began praising God, saying, “Certainly this man was innocent.”

And all the crowds who came together for this spectacle, when they observed what had happened, began to return, beating their breasts. And all His acquaintances and the women who accompanied Him from Galilee were standing at a distance, seeing these things.

.....so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Hebrews 9:28

====================================================

They will mourn in repentance

"I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn." Zechariah 12:10

or......

They will mourn in remorse and in terror when He comes to judge the nations

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. Revelation 1:7

=====================================================

Some people scoff, some people sneer in rebellion. They disbelieve because they loved not the Truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness. The religous leaders thought they were good enough and had no need of a savior, they hated the Light because their deeds were evil, and the Light exposes them.

The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, who saves His people from their sin, He was like a Lamb led to the slaughter.

Others looked on Him and mourned, they were like the tax colector that beat his breast, who couldn't even look up and said 'God, be merciful to me a sinner,' while the Blind Pharisee prayed to himself 'Thank you God I'm not like him.'

Jesus spoke to the adulteress and said 'Neither do I condemn you, from now on, go and sin no more.' [see John 8:11]

The one whose heart mourns for their sin ['Blessed are they that mourn], breaks for Jesus, who was broken for their sin, and who bore their sin on His cross. ['for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins....Matt 26:28... This is My body which was broken for you.' (I Cor 11:24)]

Which thief are we? The one broken for our sin, or the proud scoffer who doesn't need a savior? Are we the proud religous leader who is good enough, or are we going away to our homes beating our breasts? Are we like hardened sinners who would play games with the things of Jesus like the soldies who gambled for His Clothes, or are we like the thief that looked at himself and said' i am suffering justly,' then looked at Jesus and praised God like the Centurion also did, saying 'but this man (my Lord), has done nothing wrong (to desrve this)......Lord, (if i have anything to bring it is only my sin) remember me when you come into Your Kingdom.'

The thief was repentant in heart and turned and looked on His Savior, the Author and Perfector of his faith, and that a gift from God.

And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven." Matthew 16:17

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

....we're either the guilty one needing forgiveness and our heart cries out to the Lord for salvation, or else we're trying to come up another way....

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber." John 10:1

So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. John 10:7-9

whose thief are you? Do you agree with God that you're a sinner and in need of forgiveness only He can provide, that your debt is so piled up agaist yourself with your sins against God, that the only Sacrafice that can pay for that is the Sacrafice of Jesus, the one on the cross? Without the shedding of Blood there is no forgiveness, God only take Jesus', if we try to bring anything we have done and lay it upon that altar, we only bring sin and defilement. That's why we need a Great High Priest, One to clean us and plead for us and to make us presentable, even our prayers to God must be sanctifed through Christ, He makes us Holy and Presentable before Him.

'You shall keep My statutes and practice them; I AM the LORD who sanctifies you.' Lev 20:8

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. Hebrews 13:15

"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:24

if you are not His, redeemed by His Prescious blood and washed from your filth, then you belong to this master;

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;"

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

better to be a sheep that belongs to the Good Shepherd and comes home to Him:

"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

“I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. “He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. “I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. “For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. “No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.” John 10:11-18

Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." Mark 1:14-15

Luke 15:11-32 NASB

May God bless you, in Christ

All I can say is WOW!

thumbszvz.gif

Back