Which Browser

I was a died in the wool IE guy but due to recent problems I am now a Firefox guy. It is a really nice browser and a great improvement over what they originally offered- I think I will stick with FF!

I use Safari on the Mac (I'm a web designer) and I like it over all others because of the long history list which I use constantly plus it's very fast.

I only use Firefox when submitting links for my clients so I can check the PR of other sites, however I don't like Firefox because of it's short history list and the View Source page because it doesn't wrap and very hard to read the code when scrolling back and forth.

I am an Opera guy myself, however FireFox is a very close 2nd. With opera there are so many keyboard/mouse shortcuts and built in features that I use every day, not to mention the security of Opera. I only use FireFox for a few sites that it can handle better than opera.

I've been an IE user since 1995, but this week I switched to Google Chrome. Have had to many issues with IE10 lately and it is slow. I must say I am impressed at how quick it is and I was able to port everything over from IE with little to no problem.

I use Safari, Firefox & Chrome all at the same time. I use each for different purposes and have them all running. If I had to only use one it would be between FF & Chrome. I like FF browsing experience better but chrome seems lighter and uses less memory.

I really like Chrome for browsing both on my computer and phone. They did a good job creating a fast and light browser.

At least on my macbook pro it does, according to activity monitor. For example right now.

i have 16 gigs ram available and
safari currently using 1.52mb
ff currently using 1.72 gb
chrome currently using 75mb

With two tabs in each, I have 222 MB on FF and 193 MB on Chrome with Win7. I'll have to wait until later to check it out on Mac. I guess there could be some optimization somewhere. I always liked how Safari ran on Mac, but the scrolling was so much easier using Fire Fox. I never quite understood why they didn't incorporate the finger scrolling in Safari.

I've noticed since I started using Chrome that is has slowed down so I'll have to see if the cache is making it slow or new add-ons I don't know about. I know my ISP's security package makes it a little slow but I'll take security over speed any day. It definitely not as bad as Norton products!

It's funny. I don't doubt that Chrome is slowing down, but I started using Chrome because Fire Fox was slowing down, and FF because IE was slowing down.

My experience is just similar to Banas. IE to FF to Chrome.

Mine is a little different, I did Netscape, IE, FF, IE, Chrome. I think they all slow down sooner or later do to their caches.
FF never worked on my banking site so I got rid of it right away.

Back