Where Is The Love!

:( I dunno why one post posted 3 times. My way of saying it was not my intention to repeat myself. *hugs*

Bingo!

Unless you know the context the message can't be deciphered.

One of my favorite episodes.
Very excellent analogy. In the episode, Picard lives with and learns, stressing learns, the language and then is able to speak and understand it, thereby averting disaster.

So to understand the scripture, learn it. Find all you can on it, commentaries on scripture are everywhere on the web, and try to apply it to the subject. Many times there may be more than one application, so then you ask the one who quote it what they meant and also share what you came up with so they know you took it seriously. Flippant comebacks show your seams. The more you learn, the better you will understand and then you will also be able to speak the language of bible study and maybe, just maybe, avert disaster.:)

Let's look at it.
Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

First read over the chapter to get some context. This chapter is after the Last Supper and Jesus has been talking about how He will be leaving the disciples soon. Jesus says He will send the Spirit to them, that He will not abandon them, but the world will not see it nor know it. So Judas asks Him why. Now the poster makes the next thing bold. If someone loves me, they will keep His words. What does it mean to keep someone's words? To me it means to remember them, make them part of you, live them. Next question would be, what are Jesus' words? To me they would be what He said, the message of His parables, the Bible as a whole.

So to the thread, one could answer the OP Where is the love! by saying if you love Jesus, you will follow His way of love and be able to apply the Bible to the things that pop up in life, like these threads and posts.

This is my way of trying to learn and understand Biblical concepts. I'm sure there are others.

Let's look at it.
Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

First read over the chapter to get some context. This chapter is after the Last Supper and Jesus has been talking about how He will be leaving the disciples soon. Jesus says He will send the Spirit to them, that He will not abandon them, but the world will not see it nor know it. So Judas asks Him why. Now the poster makes the next thing bold. If someone loves me, they will keep His words. What does it mean to keep someone's words? To me it means to remember them, make them part of you, live them. Next question would be, what are Jesus' words? To me they would be what He said, the message of His parables, the Bible as a whole.

So to the thread, one could answer the OP Where is the love! by saying if you love Jesus, you will follow His way of love and be able to apply the Bible to the things that pop up in life, like these threads and posts.

This is my way of trying to learn and understand Biblical concepts. I'm sure there are others.
Excellent points...(y)

Jesus said:

I'm not singling out anyone, but ...

I find it hard to believe this would be recognized as a Christian website.

Way too often one Member is corrected by another using Scripture, not with love, but rather as a hammer to make a point at someone else's expense.

This air of superiority is not what Jesus had in mind. He's the only person in history who was always correct, but He never used that to beat on a sinner.

Please, please think about what you are about to say. And above all show the love of Jesus.
Lol....I was reflecting other day about this matter, you know that I am new here and what was my original intention for joing the forum.

I guess, here we can be what we want to be, somwthing that in our regular lifes we can not. With the help of google we can be Theologians, Philosofers, Scientist, Master of the bible....lol...Its so deep that we are afraid to use at least our first names....lol not that is a sin...lol....Its ok will work!

God bless![emoji1]

I answer to Silk both here and in real and what I say here, I say in real. If I'm wrong - I'm wrong in both places. I'm here to learn and understand and I like talking about G-d. I can't claim any of the titles listed by you, @Leo_ACH, but I type my mind and am comfortable with that. If someone learns something from me, it's a drop in tthe bucket to what I have gained in return.
PS: what were your original intentions? Have they changed?

I answer to Silk both here and in real and what I say here, I say in real. If I'm wrong - I'm wrong in both places. I'm here to learn and understand and I like talking about G-d. I can't claim any of the titles listed by you, @Leo_ACH, but I type my mind and am comfortable with that. If someone learns something from me, it's a drop in tthe bucket to what I have gained in return.
PS: what were your original intentions? Have they changed?
Hi sister Silk...peace upon you! Like i said I am new here...As you notice I used the WE as I included my self in my own comment...lol...

I am starting to learn about ours brothers and sisters here and joining @ManySongs argument, I think some times we became edge becouse of the protection, not that you do necessarily..lol....I actulay love to hear the type of wisdown the some like you, walked a litle more.

As far as my nick name, Leo stands for Leandro wich derives Leonard...

As far as my plan sister, no did not change...I am still looking for a way to develope it and I am sure that at rigth time it will happen.

God bless Sis!

Back