Where Is The Love!

Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

I don't like out of context scripture because it can be used to prove any point, righteous or not. I agree with what I see as Peace's point that just dropping quotes without explanation often confuses more than clarifies. On the other hand, as I see what Mitspa as saying, the quote is applicable to what we are talking about and why there are disagreements in the first place - arguments are about how we (man) are interpeting scriptures. It is why we argue because we are told not to compromise or tolerate that action in misrepresenting the Word of God. Posters have to realize that we are not the only one reading these typos, and we reflect no glory if we can't disagree civally and try to look for some agreement with what is being said.

I don't like out of context scripture because it can be used to prove any point, righteous or not. I agree with what I see as Peace's point that just dropping quotes without explanation often confuses more than clarifies. On the other hand, as I see what Mitspa as saying, the quote is applicable to what we are talking about and why there are disagreements in the first place - arguments are about how we (man) are interpeting scriptures. It is why we argue because we are told not to compromise or tolerate that action in misrepresenting the Word of God. Posters have to realize that we are not the only one reading these typos, and we reflect no glory if we can't disagree civally and try to look for some agreement with what is being said.
I don't see anything wrong with asking for a clarification when a bare piece of scripture is posted - for one thing the relevance is made crystal clear, which I believe is what one would want when discussing scripture. For another, it would prove whether Mitspa actually understands the passage he's quoting, and it would further show if he comprehends context.

But I think Mitspa's friends did explain it. Mayhaps to avoid flame-like problems in the past.
They offered one explanation of his post. I offered one too. All he has said is if he clarifies it it will hurt the feelings of one of his friends. (shrug) If he wants to be willfully cryptic, that's fine...I guess...

Darmok and Jilad on the ocean.

Wow - Star Trek fan? Excellent reference! Darmok and Jalad
(google says) Picard is captured, then trapped on a planet with an alien captain who speaks a metaphorical language incompatible with the universal translator. They must learn to communicate with each other before a deadly planetary beast overwhelms them.

Darmok and Jilad on the ocean.

Wow - Star Trek fan? Excellent reference!
Picard is captured, then trapped on a planet with an alien captain who speaks a metaphorical language incompatible with the universal translator. They must learn to communicate with each other before a deadly planetary beast overwhelms them.

Wow - Star Trek fan? Excellent reference!
Picard is captured, then trapped on a planet with an alien captain who speaks a metaphorical language incompatible with the universal translator. They must learn to communicate with each other before a deadly planetary beast overwhelms them.
Bingo!

Unless you know the context the message can't be deciphered.

One of my favorite episodes.

Back