Where is Jesus?

If you want to enter eternal life, you keep the commandments. He never say that you believe I am God or He never said that you believe I died on the cross for your sins, that is the teaching of Paul.
No one will be in God's Kingdom by keeping the law with all of it commandments, except for Jesus Christ who fulfilled it perfectly. By trying to keep the law and its commandments is for the express purpose of showing us that we are sinners, and have need of a savior.

Gal 2:16.. yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Rom 3:20.. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Somehow post #40 got scrambled.

You read in Mathew 5:17
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven;

So, here Jesus is telling I am coming to fulfill the laws from the old testaments. So if you want to go to heaven you have to follow all the rules and commandments of the old testaments as well. So old testaments says God is One! it doesn't say 3 in 1. It says, God has got no image yet many of the Catholics they do idol worship, they make an image of Jesus Christ. It clearly says that when a person comes to Jesus Christ in:
'Zee look at your own quoted passage. To be called 'least in the Kingdom of heaven',....one must necessarily be in that kingdom of heaven.
The trouble with legalistic thinking I think is that it blinds one to the grace and mercy and purpose of God.
But Zee, since Jesus came to fulfill the law and the prophets, do you think that He did or not?
If He did, then why was He allowed to be crucified?, why was he numbered among the criminals?
Matt 26:53. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? (so He could have avoided crucifixion)
and
Luke 22:37. For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors.' For what is written about me has its fulfillment."
Mathew 19:16
And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?" And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

If you want to enter eternal life, you keep the commandments. He never say that you believe I am God or He never said that you believe I died on the cross for your sins, that is the teaching of Paul.
Jesus was speaking to an audience prior to His crucifixion. He was talking to Jews who were supposed to be keeping the law but were not, that is one reason He spoke as He did.
Since He was speaking prior to His crucifixion, naturally, 'He never said that you believe I died on the cross for your sins' how could He say that yet? that would have been speaking past tense of a future event. So it ought to be clear that only those who lived after the Crucifixion could talk of it in terms of past tense.

Yes Zee there is only one God. Jesus Himself proclaimed just that same eternal truth.
Mar 12:29. Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

John 10:24. So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."
He also said ..... and read this very carefully,
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me,
but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."
Some questions:read John 10:24,25,26,27,28,29.30.
What is it about Jesus that these works bear witness to? (v25)
If someone does not believe Jesus, whose sheep (or goats) are they? (v26)
Do you see that Jesus must necessarily be talking about hearing Him within one's spirit?(v27)
(to help you along here) when Jesus spoke in a general sense; that is past present future, unless He was indeed someone who is more than just mortal man, there would be no point.)
Now then if Paul was able to hear Jesus in his spirit, one must concede that what Paul taught was what he had been taught by the Spirit.
So the fact that Paul came after Jesus does not of itself disqualify him.
This would be a vastly different case from those who come in their own name and not in the name of Jesus as Paul did.
Why do you think the Jews were so riled at Jesus' words here? who but God only can give 'eternal life'? Yet we read here that Jesus says the He Himself will give eternal life to His sheep. (v28)
Further more, get this! in v28, Jesus says (speaking of His sheep), that no one will snatch them out of His hand....no one!
Jesus has been given these sheep by the Father who is the greatest of all, yet no one is able to snatch these sheep out of the Father's hand either..(v29) Can you see an equality, a oneness with God being taught by Jesus?
Finally Jesus declares that He and the Father are one.(v30) Jesus has already declared that His Father is God (V29)
What does it mean for Jesus to say that He and the Father are one? wouldn't it show that Jesus is the visible expression of the Father?
So Zee as this passage unfolds, we can see that Jesus taught those who will listen that He is God.
Jesus said if you want to go to heaven keep the commandments.
You say :"Jesus said if you want to go to heaven keep the commandments." can you show us where exactly He spoke those words?
Now have you noticed that this 'someone' asked what good thing he must do to obtain eternal life, yet Jesus' answer was only about entering into life, not about going to heaven, not about obtaining eternal life. I could, for example enter into your home, but I would not own it or possess it. There is a difference.
In the case in point, eternal life can not be obtained through good works, that is why Jesus answered as he did.
f Jesus come to fulfill the laws does it mean that he died for our sin, If I have come to fulfill your laws and if you don't understand, I am trying to fulfill your laws that doesn't mean I become God, That doesn't mean that I have come to die for your sin, Yes Jesus came to guide the people.
Jesus did indeed fulfill the law and the prophets. He did this for us because we can not do it ourselves.
He did not become God by way of anything He did. He is and always was the Son of God. One with the Father. The Spirit within Him was/is God.

Mathew 7:22-23
22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If we analyze this verse where Jesus says!
"DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS"

My question is why Jesus rejecting Christians as a whole on the day of Judgement because he is not addressing to Jews, Hindus, Muslims or Buddhist they do not call him Lord. It is Christians who call him Lord.

Please explain me why he (Jesus) rejecting Christians.

These are the questions that all Christians should be asking themselves, ESPECIALLY right now. My thread,

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/climate-change-and-the-sabbath-worth-reading.44294/

touches on this and addresses the final conflict-- which is related to God's law. The issue in the last days is between those who practice the law and those who practice lawlessness.

--MoG

Last edited:
He also said ..... and read this very carefully,
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."

Read the context! in which sense did he say that...

Let's start from verse 23
John 10:23
"and Jesus walked in Solomon porch (meaning in the temple of Jerusalem)

He is walking, He is alone! Jesus was not with his disciples. Than Jews came, they surrounded him because this man Jesus a mighty messenger of God provoke by the Jews and he criticized them very strongly, he say you generation of vipers, you wicked and adulterous generation, you fools and Jews are not the people who forgives you for that, they are un forgiven people.

So, now they have their own time, they have an opportunity that here is a man and he is alone let's give him a good bashing so they surround him and they say:

John 10:24
"How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."

means they say how long you keep us in doubt, if you are a Christ tell us plainly man in other words you a re talking ambiguously, you are not putting for your claim clear enough. That's the allegation the charge. So, Jesus says:

John 10:25-30
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me. "But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand; My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand

"I and the Father are one." (That is the context)

Meaning once a person has accepting faith, God sees to it that he remains in faith and I as a teacher, as a master remains in faith we are both one in this to see that the man remains in faith not in omnipotence, not in omnition.

One in this to see that the man remains in faith!

But the Jews were looking for trouble, they are out for a fight and there is saying if you are looking for trouble you don't have to go very far, so they picked up stone again to stone him (Verse 31) So Jesus say:

John 10:31-32
The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"

So they say:

John 10:33
The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

What does Jesus says to that?
You see, the first false charge was that he is talking ambiguously and 2nd false charge now you blaspheme, you are claiming to be God when you are a man. Now what is the answer? Look if I am a God, I said I am a God, if you say Zee are you a student I say yes I am a student with no hesitation. why should I start beating arround the bush if I am.

So, Jew say you blaspheme, Jesus say:

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '?

The Law in Hebrew is (Torah) is it not written in your law, He was sarcastic, it is not written in your law because Torah is also his law because Jesus say in:

Mathew 5:17
Think not that I come to destroy the law or the prophets; I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

He was sarcastic, He says look in your law in other words he say look in your book and he quotes from:

Psalms 82:6
"I said, You are "Gods"; you are all sons of the Most High."

He is quoting from the 82 Psalms where God speak to the Jews, He says behold ye are Gods and all of you the children of most High. That's the quotation in other word he is quoting from 82 psalms that this is our language we talk like that. To the judge we say Mi Lord, Mi Lord means my lord, my lord. What does this mean if we say Mi Lord? It doesn't mean He is our lord its kind of respect we give that's our way to speak.

So, Jesus is reminding them is it not written in your law I said Ye are Gods. If "He" God Almighty call them Gods unto whom the word God came, prophets have called Gods. In the book of Exodus, God speak to Moses, Behold I have made you a God to Pharaoh.

Exodus 7:1
Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Is he God? Is Moses God?

So. in other words this is the genius of the language we talk like that but we didn't mean that. If "He "God" call them God unto whom the word of God came and the scripture cannot be broken means you can't contradict me. You can't contradict what I am telling you, that's what Jesus told the Jews.

John 10:35-36
"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God '?

That means nothing man, look if a man call God you take no exception to that, why you taking exception to me, when I say, I am son of God that's what he is telling them because God have sons by the tons in the Bible.

So, this is how he is reasoning, If Jesus was God, He say I am God, what can I say but he say nothing of a kind.

In the context it is not what you understand!

Hello Zee.
Keep going with the chapter 10 of the Book of John, 10:36; for Jesus explains his claim for being the unique Son of God.
Interesting how you avoided that bit.
When you understand the word of God was not written in chapter and verse - well you wont make the mistake of thinking that what is being said is done just because a new verse or chapter starts.

I'm not going to rehash everything that has been said.
"I and the Father are one." (That is the context)

Meaning once a person has accepting faith, God sees to it that he remains in faith and I as a teacher, as a master remains in faith we are both one in this to see that the man remains in faith not in omnipotence, not in omnition.

One in this to see that the man remains in faith!
The Jews understood that Jesus' statement that "I and the Father are one" was a declaration that He is God. They understood, Read John 10:33. They understood what Jesus meant, they just couldn't believe.
They were looking for the Messiah (Christ), but they couldn't accept that the Messiah would be anything more than just a mighty warrior that would beat up on the Romans and anybody else that might get in their way.
In some ways this episode is like the story of the little tailor.
He killed seven flies with one blow, the town folk had giants on their mind so they straight away thought the little guy had slain seven giants with one blow.
The Jews had the destruction of the Romans on their mind and the Christ they were looking for was going to 'kill seven with one blow'
It seems to me Zee that you and all Muslims and Jewish people can't get your head around the divinity of Jesus.
But.........
Regardless of the name used, be it Jehovah, Yahweh , Heavenly Father, God, Allah, can you honestly say that He, the creator of all things is not able to do what is to us and for us impossible?
Somehow He caused a virgin to conceive and bring forth a baby boy.
How He did this, I along with the rest of the human race have no idea. I for one though do not for one moment deny the creator of the universe and all that it contains the ability to do anything that He can think of.
If I say "I can't see how, therefore it can not happen", then I am creating a god that fits my own specifications...that is idolatry.
Think long about the real source of your doubts about Jesus.

Mathew 7:22-23
22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If we analyze this verse where Jesus says!
"DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS"

My question is why Jesus rejecting Christians as a whole on the day of Judgement because he is not addressing to Jews, Hindus, Muslims or Buddhist they do not call him Lord. It is Christians who call him Lord.

Please explain me why he (Jesus) rejecting Christians.

Found this powerful quote from Charles Spurgeon that falls into line with your question:

"None of us would imagine that this leper meant that the Lord Jesus could make him feel comfortable in remaining a leper. Some seem to fancy that Jesus came to let us go on in our sins with a quiet conscience; but he did nothing of the kind. His salvation is cleansing from sin, and if we love sin we are not saved from it. We cannot have justification without sanctification. There is no use in quibbling about it; there must be a change, a radical change, a change of heart, or else we are not saved. I put it now to you, Do you desire a moral and a spiritual change, a change of life, thought and motive? This is what Jesus gives"

I'm not going to rehash everything that has been said.
It seems to me Zee that you and all Muslims and Jewish people can't get your head around the divinity of Jesus.
But.........
Regardless of the name used, be it Jehovah, Yahweh , Heavenly Father, God, Allah, can you honestly say that He, the creator of all things is not able to do what is to us and for us impossible?
Somehow He caused a virgin to conceive and bring forth a baby boy.
How He did this, I along with the rest of the human race have no idea. I for one though do not for one moment deny the creator of the universe and all that it contains the ability to do anything that He can think of.
If I say "I can't see how, therefore it can not happen", then I am creating a god that fits my own specifications...that is idolatry.
Think long about the real source of your doubts about Jesus.

Calvin you are absolutely right, I agree with you that God can do anything. If Jesus born from virgin Marry. what you have to say about Adam. God created Adam! no mother and no Father. Who is greater?

Now lets come to the divinity of Jesus Christ. What makes me hard to believe in divinity of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Powers not his own! It was given to him!

Mathew 28:18
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

John 5:30
"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 11:41-43
41So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42"I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me."I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me." 43When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth.44The man who had died came forth...

Who then gave life back to Lazarus?
The answer is "GOD" for God heard the prayers of Jesus as always.

Mark 1:13 ( Imagine a God being tempted by the Devil )
And He was in the wilderness forty days being tempted by Satan

Mark 11:13 ( He was ignorant of the season )
Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.

Mark 13:32 ( He had no knowledge of the hereafter )
But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

LISTEN NOW TO PETER's TESTIMONY!
Ye "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles, wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.
Jesus didn't do it! God did through him!

In fact all the prophets including Jesus and even angels had a way of worshipping God! which we are not following but Muslims did.

Genesis 17:3
Abram fell on his face and prayed.
Deuteronomy 5:9
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them.
Psalm 95:6
Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
Deuteronomy 9:25
So I fell down before the LORD
Revelation 7:11
And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God.
Joshua 7:6
Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell to the earth on his face & prayed.
Numbers 20:6
Moses and Aaron fell upon their faces & prayed.
Mathew 26:36-39
And Jesus fell on his face and prayed!

We must realized that human being chosen by God to bring God's message are the best of human beings. To not follow their leads is illogical and arrogant. Bow down and prostrate to God and ask for guidance. It is God alone who can guide us!

Now lets come to the divinity of Jesus Christ. What makes me hard to believe in divinity of Jesus Christ.
Apart from the many scriptures stating that Jesus existed before his bodily form, and that the world and the universe were created through him,
and that he had come down from Heaven, and that he had always been with the Father, - some Pentecostals argue for Oneness Doctrine whereby
The Father, The Holy Spirit and The Son are all one God but three different manifestations of presence, power and purpose.
A variation on The Trinity - three persons of God in the full Godhead. But that is another story.

The divinity of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is crucial, vital, essential and necessary to achieve the atoning sacrifice of cavalry:
by his stripes ye are healed, and we are cleansed, made clean, saved from sin's curse by the precious blood of the Lamb.
Our sins are forgiven and we can have new life in what Jesus accomplished for us -
for while we were still sinners Christ Jesus died for us.

The power and truth of Calvary can only be attained by Jesus as God. A mere mortal, a very good man, is not sufficient for this spiritual
sacrifice - this exchange of the sin penalty. Ezekiel chapter 18 states that 'the soul that sins shall die.' Spiritual death as sinful man cannot
come into the heavely realms and live forever with God and the angels.

If Jesus was just one human being only I cannot see how his sacrifice could avail salvation for millions. Would it rather not be the
case that his one life would only save one other person?

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled,
we shall be saved by his life.
Paul the great Apostle writes much about the divinity of Jesus in his Epistles. References to the divinity of Jesus and his pre-existence
are scattered throughout all the Epistles come to think of it.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jesus is referred to as being God more than once in the epistles. Unless you subscribe to the whacko theory held by some notable sects and
cults that a human being can be elevated to the status of God - like the legend of Hercules - a man by his works can become God!!!
Sorry don't buy it.

if one billion muslims fell on their faces, or bowed down to worship God,
and one Christian stood up and alone, ONLY the Christian would be saved,
I can tell you the one billion muslims will NOT be saved or go to heaven,
Salvation is in ONE name and ACCESS to God is through one name...and His name is Jesus.
the name of mohammed and Buddha and others will
be erased from history, time and memory forever and ever.

Back