1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Al 'global warming' Gore NOW?

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by Pastor Gary, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Where is Al 'global warming' Gore NOW?

While the environmental activists just can't let go of their global warming 'religion', researchers with numerous accredited and highly respected agencies have collectively stated that global warming is not only a false premise, but the earth is actually cooling and has been for quite some time. One very good source of information is contained in a U.S. SENATE INQUIRY recap as listed here:

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Minority Page :.

Very good reading... and if anyone happens to see our old chubby buddy 'Cheeseburger AL', ask him to stop in at our northern states Rectory in Wisconsin to assist in springtime snow removal from the sidewalks and driveway. He could actually loose some weight in the process... and allow his 'Global Warming Speech Tour Bus' to get better fuel economy and provide less 'greenhouse' exhaust gas. OPPS - I forgot about all the OTHER hot air that is produced during his speeches... :D
  2. I ain't gonna be able ta go ta work today - I been laughin' so hard I can't even stand up, yet... anyways, I'll just go throw a couple more logs on the fire... kinda 'cool' here this mornin'. :)
  3. It seem that the Ice Age promised us in the 1970's may arrive first PL!:p
  4. I just have to say Global warming was just another "shock" fad going on. Just like a few years ago, they were expecting the whole world to go into an Ice Age like Boan said. And, I believe that year was 2002-2004?

They tried to "shock" us Californians into panicking every time an earthquake happened because a tsunami might hit us. With all the earthquakes we've had, we haven't had one big wave, man! I'd be more worried about Florida, all out there hanging in the ocean instead of us! :eek:

Next thing, it's going to be massive cloud cover, or the Earth's mantle exploding in flames and 10 countries disappearing under a mound of boiling hot lava.

Just wait and see, they'll be "shock"-ing us again with something.
  5. I believe Mr Gore is busy with his ever expanding carbon footprint.:p
  6. …It’s fascinating to watch their progress online. When they were first deployed in 2003, the Argos were hailed for their ability to collect information on ocean conditions more precisely, at more places and greater depths and in more conditions than ever before. No longer would scientists have to rely on measurements mostly at the surface from older scientific buoys or inconsistent shipboard monitors.

So why are some scientists now beginning to question the buoys’ findings? Because in five years, the little blighters have failed to detect any global warming. They are not reinforcing the scientific orthodoxy of the day, namely that man is causing the planet to warm dangerously. They are not proving the predetermined conclusions of their human masters. Therefore they, and not their masters’ hypotheses, must be wrong.

In fact, “there has been a very slight cooling,” according to a U.S. National Public Radio (NPR) interview with Josh Willis at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a scientist who keeps close watch on the Argo findings.

For the whole story…
  7. There may be climate change happening but I see no proof we are the cause. I think people like Al Gore and his followers push this belief for the sole purpose of getting your money. For example cap and trade, carbon taxes etc.
  8. Whether climate change is real or not, man-made or not, I think Creation Care is a great idea. This is not our planet, it's God's. We're only renting it. :D
  9. There is nothing wrong with being a good steward of what God has out in your care.
  10. Why can't we just have some moderation in temperature, it's too dang cold here in the winter, and too dang hot in the summer.

Maybe I need to move.:D
  11. Mark_18: When the 'firmament' is renewed on the earth as it was in the beginning, we will have a planet-wide constant temperature. Just remember that in the earlier times, animals common to the sub tropics were found in what is now Siberia and Alaska... Mastodons with buttercups in their digestive tracts have been found frozen in the permafrost.

A nice detailed study on some aspects of these time lines can be found here:

12. Actually, I agree with Pastor Gary when he said "the Earth has actually been cooling down".

It's been really cool lately, and starting around April/May things start heating up. It's been actually very mild in Southern California, and most people always comment on our warm, fair weather.

The skies have been blue then cloudy off and on, and I remember last summer it was at least 90+, up to 103 degrees outside. But, it's not like that now.

And I haven't seen any weather patterns you would consider 'global warming'.
  13. "A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years... All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously."

NASA's GISS says, "2007 Tied as Earth's Second-Warmest Year... Barring a large volcanic eruption, a record global temperature clearly exceeding that of 2005 [the hottest year on record] can be expected within the next few years." In fact, all four tracking outlets said 2007 was one of the hottest years on record (although, 2008 won't break the record because La Nina will be stronger than it has been in about a decade, which accounts for some of the 2007 cold stories sited in the article).
  14. There are three massive systems interacting together to produce our climate. The sun, which is not exactly consistant, has periods of solar flares, the weather system, which is another complex variable, which controls the rate of evaporation or cooling on the planet's surface and is a major factor. And the atomic reactor, which is at the earth's center - also adds heat to the planet.

I read somewhere that the earth radiates .04 watt per square meter more energy back into space than it absorbes from the sun. This effect was first noted back in the 1960's when they discovered that the large planets were radiating twice the energy back into space than they were absorbing from the sun. Where does this energy come from. Professor Herndon states that there is a 5 mile diameter core in the center of the earth that is radioactive and is a natural fission reactor. Also he states that it is responsible for creating the earth's magnetic field.

With all of these complex and massive systems working together I'm amazed that our temperatures are as stable and consistant as they are. The real clincher to me is the discovery that the ice caps (Carbon Dioxide) on Mars are evaporating as well. Sure indicates solar activity to me. I'm only aware of two vehicles on Mars and they are both electric powered.

Global warming sure looks like more of a political movment because I can't believe that carbon emissions are to blame.

Larry II
  15. Jasher, wow, what a GOOD answer!

I agree with everything you said there...I know how a lot more knowledge to store into my brain. :D

Why I agree (personally) is because all of these things pop up for a while, then disappear into the background. It was like the Tsunami-Hits-California thing. The only earthquake I remember we had (here) was very minor, I was half-asleep when it happened and it occured at around 3 - 5 am. We haven't had any earthquakes close to the Northridge one in the past years. Maybe we will, but hopefully we'll be prepared for it.

A tsunami threat? I'd have to look up on that. I know there are tsunami threats for Alaska...the only threats we really have are earthquakes, flash floods (dry down here in Southern California), Wild fires, and the latter.
  16. The National Weather Service and NOAA released a statement on May 08 indicating that APRIL TEMPERATURE AVERAGES in the North American Continent were the 29th COLDEST in 114 years.

UNITED STATES Climate Summary

Hey AL - there's a sale on snow boots, hand warmers, ice fishing equipment and snow shovels at the Wal-Mart in Atlanta, Georgia... :D
  17. Couldn't agree more on the global warming hoax. I hope no one tells Algore that trees give off co2 at night in the absence of sunlight - because he would probably launch a campaign to have his followers cover their trees with a plastic bag at night.

Did you read Walter Williams's column a couple days ago? He gives a brief account of envirnmental wacko history.

18. That was a good read Larrr thanks!
  19. Perhaps Al Gore could inhale all the CO2 coming of the trees and breathe it out underground?:eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.