1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Where I live.

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Peter Luke, May 5, 2015.

1. Please share some photographs of where you live.

I'll start. I live along the coast of Northern New South Wales of Australia.
    These photos were taken within my town boundary lines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow! Lovely pics, Peter Luke!

I don't have a cell phone to take pics with, but my daughter took this pic of our southern Ontario backyard last summer. It's looking much like that now, but our bright yellow tulips are in now!

[​IMG]

We have a lot of spring planting to do in the next two or three weeks and I will get a good shot later this summer. I am having an outdoor tea party at the end of June and will be sure to post something then.

Mercedes Benz E Class, Ravindran, Abdicate and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  3. Thanks Euphemia for sharing your photo with us.
    Looking forward to seeing the updated shots.

4. I don't have pictures from my home (other than ones with people, who may object to my posting), but I do have pictures of the house in western Maryland where my wife grew up. I was there this past week doing some maintenance... This picture was taken last year.

Deer Park 1.JPG

Mercedes Benz E Class, /, JG27_chili and 3 others say Amen and like this.
  5. I didn't take these, but I enjoy these places often:

CaledonState Park.

ca-image-01.jpg
    Frum I love Virginia State Parks website
    http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/caledon.shtml#general_information

Caledon 2.jpg
    Potomac River at Caledon

Caledon has Bald Eagle nests (Bald Eagles are symbol of U.S.) . I often see eagles, Ospreys, and hawks above my home.

Riverboat
    I live in King George County, which is near Fredericksburg, Va. There is a Riverboat that docks there to give rides on the Rappahannoc River:

Riverboat.jpg
    Photo by Richard Dawson
    http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer - view=photo&position=3072&with_photo_id=42986165&order=date_desc&user=4061049

Arboretum
    A little farther away is the Virginia State Arboretum and Blandy Experimental Farm. It is really wonderful to walk around its grounds:

State Arboretum Blandy Experimantal Farm 2.jpg
    From Blue Ridge Institute for Environmental Studies
    http://www3.su.edu/cf/su-bries/details2.cfm?sid=22

JG27_chili and Peter Luke say Amen and like this.
  6. This is the small boring town where I live since 2011.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    local church
    [​IMG]
    And one picture from my window in previous home. I liked it much more.
    [​IMG]

Where is the Messiah, Siloam, Peter Luke and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  7. This is mine; always wanted to go to Australia by the way. :)

kent.jpg

Where is the Messiah, Siloam, Peter Luke and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  8. Thank you to those responding to this thread. It is interesting to see where others live.
    Here are a few more shots of my area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where is the Messiah and Siloam say Amen and like this.
  9. Here is a photo I just took from my balcony lol. uploadfromtaptalk1430958982587.jpg

Where is the Messiah likes this.
  10. Hello Mykuhl.
    Wow, you like fairly high up.
    Have you explored the bushland nearby?
    Have you got any photos of its beauty?
    I also notices water at top left. Is that a river or a bay?

11. I don't necessarily like it this high up, it's just where I happen to live right now.

I haven't explored that bushland at all but I have seen the occasional deer and rabbit run by.

The body of water that you see in the top left is a large lake called Lake Ontario, you can only see a part of it in the photo.

Peter Luke likes this.
  12. LOL! That's funny, because I said to my husband, "Look...this pic looks like Lake Ontario!" I also live on Lake Ontario. Your vista looks very familiar. Is that the 401 or the 403?

Peter Luke likes this.
  13. Wow! You are good Euphemia. You could tell that was lake Ontario by that little bit in that photo? That's impressive lol. The highway you see is the QEW.

Peter Luke likes this.
  14. #14 Euphemia, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Ahh, you and I are close. I was born and raised here in Hamilton and Stoney Creek, and we did live in Burlington for a while. The QEW is a very familiar landmark!

Peter Luke and Mykuhl say Amen and like this.
  15. Awesome[emoji106].

You know it's funny because I have been considering moving to Hamilton in the near future lol.

Euphemia and Peter Luke say Amen and like this.
  16. It can be a small world.
    Lovely to read about your discover of each other.

17. Peter Luke, it sure is gorgeous where you live!

18. This is in my backyard -
    11137172_950028938361797_6690306034040809814_n.jpg

19. Hello John.
    What a back yard! Do you fish there too. Is it a river, creek or a channel?
    Love the way the light plays off the water ripples.

Where I live (Ballina), the river branches north and south of the town. Creeks branch off around the back of the town. Two opposing creeks have joined and now the townsfolk say that Ballina is an island, ha ha ha.
    Yes, I am extremely fortunate. I am at latitude where it is not too hot in summer and not too cold in winter.

20. It's a canal that leads off to a small lake. I do enjoy fishing there - lots of Bass!

Euphemia likes this.