Where Are The Animals

O dear...my animals have disappeared into a glancing thread of science. Please find my animals and then you may continue the science in another thread. i can start the first post if ya want me to and transfer from post 25 - 40 to continue

So he doesn't get raptured?
We are living after the cross. Anyman who draws near to God finds Jesus. James 4:8. If that island man follows James 1:27, Psalm 51:17, James 4:6, Rom 12:9...God does Jer 17:10 and then 1 Cor 12:3 is inevitable.

As for those prior to the cross its exactly the same with the exception that they waited in Abrahams bosom for the cross. The requirement to come to God has been the same from day 1. Get on your knees and repent of what He hates, sin. Desire what is good. Hate what is evil. Humble yourself to Him and resist pride and arrogance.

Thanks for answering, it was all well and good until...

Not all neurons are brain cells (and not all brain cells are neurons – there are glia also, but that’s another story). Neurons are specialized cells of the nervous system that use the electrical potential across the membrane of all cells, which in neurons have evolved a special function, to trigger depolarizations that send an electrical signal down their axons which then sends a signal to another cell.

Not all neurons are in the brain. There are neurons in the spinal cord and in the peripheral nervous system as well.

Further, not all neurons contribute directly to the mind – conscious processes – or even subconscious processes beyond some basic sensory feedback to the brain. There is, for example, the autonomic nervous system, which (as the name implies) is concerned not with thinking but with regulating basic bodily function. This includes the function of the GI system and the heart.

It is no surprise, therefore, that the heart and the guts will contain their own specialized neurons that participate in autonomic function.

The function of the heart is highly regulated, because the demands on the cardiovascular system can fluctuate quickly and greatly. Just standing up requires a delicate adjustment in cardiac output and vessel tone in order to maintain perfusion pressure to the brain. Without this rapid adjustment we would get light-headed and possibly faint every time we stood up (this is a disorder some people have when there is a problem with autonomic function).

The heart responds to three systems that work together to regulate its function – the autonomic nervous system, the hormonal system (chemicals that are secreted in the blood that affect heart function, like adrenaline), and an intrinsic nervous system. The heart contains its own electrical system that regulates itself in order to keep the heart pumping in a coordinated fashion. This function is then further adjusted by the autonomic and hormonal systems.

A recent review of the evidence indicates that the heart contains a complex intrinsic nervous system comprised of multiple ganglia (clusters of neurons) that network with each other.

None of this means that the heart has a mind. It takes more than neurons, or even a system of neurons, to form a mind. A complex network of neurons can function like a computer chip, and no more has a mind than your laptop does.

It is true that the heart, like the rest of the body, especially the autonomic nervous system, provides sensory feedback to our brains. This can affect our emotions – when something physical is happening to our body we can feel anxious or depressed. Pain itself is a physical sensation that carries with it a specific emotional response, because pain pathways specifically send signal to the limbic system to create the negative emotional response to pain.

In the same way, in addition to anxiety making our heart race, when our heart races that makes us feel anxious. There is an obvious adaptive function here – our brains respond emotionally to the condition of our bodies, which might be telling us about a threat or danger.

None of this adds up to the heart or gut having a mind. The mind is entirely the product of the brain, which of course is part of the body and is extensively connected to the body through various feedback mechanisms – hardly a surprise.

Conclusion

The heart does not contain brain cells. It contains neurons that comprise its own intrinsic system for regulating cardiac function. Further, neurons alone do not equal mind or consciousness. It takes the specialized organization of neurons in the brain to produce cognitive processes that we experience as the mind.

This is all a complex and fascinating system. It is a shame that some gurus exploit this for a cheap mystical metaphor, distorting the very cool science.
A lot of words to dismiss what the scriptures say is true and throwing it under an insult. Well the scriptures are never wrong but scientists are all the time. They admit they do not understand and yet they keep confirming the word of God over and over again. Fools only say there's no God. See, thousands of years ago the word of God was penned and it's only now, today, scientists are starting to unravel a grain of mustard seed worth of understanding and calling it "cheap mystical metaphor". Which came first, the truth or the "very cool science"? Think how much further along we'd be if they'd stop rejecting the truth spending millions proving it and using it to find ways to help people instead of lining their pockets. Now who's the fool?

A lot of words to dismiss what the scriptures say is true and throwing it under an insult. Well the scriptures are never wrong but scientists are all the time. They admit they do not understand and yet they keep confirming the word of God over and over again. Fools only say there's no God. See, thousands of years ago the word of God was penned and it's only now, today, scientists are starting to unravel a grain of mustard seed worth of understanding and calling it "cheap mystical metaphor". Which came first, the truth or the "very cool science"? Think how much further along we'd be if they'd stop rejecting the truth spending millions proving it and using it to find ways to help people instead of lining their pockets. Now who's the fool?
Well you just merrily hang onto that precious book Abdicate and leave us fools to the science. As each new discovery is made the church adapts it's interpretation of the good book so that it fits, and anything that is a bit controversial is seemingly thrown out. Eventually those things that were thrown out at first have to be accepted as evidence builds to the point where it is no longer viable to reject without looking foolish (evolution is somewhere along this 'evolutionary' line for you right now).
Let's face it. A 6000 year old flat earth at the centre of the Universe is not something you honestly want to be teaching kids, or is it?

I don't know if that is intended for me HMS but if it is thanks. I have no idea what it means unfortunately so you might have to explain it like a dummies guide to the bible.
Basically, Psalm 19 says the evidence for God is all around us. Creation loudly proclaims Him!

Well you just merrily hang onto that precious book Abdicate and leave us fools to the science. As each new discovery is made the church adapts it's interpretation of the good book so that it fits, and anything that is a bit controversial is seemingly thrown out. Eventually those things that were thrown out at first have to be accepted as evidence builds to the point where it is no longer viable to reject without looking foolish (evolution is somewhere along this 'evolutionary' line for you right now).
Let's face it. A 6000 year old flat earth at the centre of the Universe is not something you honestly want to be teaching kids, or is it?
The earth is round just as the scriptures say. Don't confuse biblical ignorance as truth by those who claim they speak for God when they don't read His word, no more than accepting false science as factual science. Beside, "I" didn't say what I told you, science did. I only quoted scripture. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth, so why are you here again? Oh yea, to learn of your own ignorance. Well as I've always say, It is impossible for anyone to learn that which he thinks he already knows.

personally .. I do believe I will see my pet/s again ..
scripture is vague on this, but it is there ..

first we recognize that the flesh cannot inherit heaven ..
second we recognize animals do not have souls ..
third we recognize God loves all that He created ..
fourth we recognize there is only punishment for rejecting God and His will ..
fifth we recognize God will make all things anew that He created ..
sixth we see on "the new earth" (after Judgement Day) that animals are once again present and restored to their original demeanor of harmony ..

so since Rev says "we can enter and leave" it seems logical we can go to this "New Earth" if we so choose (why remake the earth if we can't) ..
and there I think we may find those animals that we called pets ..

Last edited:
The earth is round just as the scriptures say. Don't confuse biblical ignorance as truth by those who claim they speak for God when they don't read His word, no more than accepting false science as factual science. Beside, "I" didn't say what I told you, science did. I only quoted scripture. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth, so why are you here again? Oh yea, to learn of your own ignorance. Well as I've always say, It is impossible for anyone to learn that which he thinks he already knows.
Which psalm is it that says the earth is round. I was half awake watching tv and the show I was watching mentioned it, but I don't remember. I do remember the word translates to spherical. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Which psalm is it that says the earth is round. I was half awake watching tv and the show I was watching mentioned it, but I don't remember. I do remember the word translates to spherical. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Isaiah 40:22 (NLT)
God sits above the circle of the earth.
The people below seem like grasshoppers to him!
He spreads out the heavens like a curtain
and makes his tent from them.

So I'm certain someone will specify "circle!? the earth is a sphere!" As one looks at a full moon they don't see a sphere, they see a circle... but you know how it goes, anything to seemingly discredit the scriptures.

So I'm certain someone will specify "circle!? the earth is a sphere!" As one looks at a full moon they don't see a sphere, they see a circle... but you know how it goes, anything to seemingly discredit the scriptures.

I agree ..

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

ENGLISH - ORIGINAL HEBREW

It is he that sitteth = yashab
upon the circle = chuwg
of the earth, = 'erets
and the inhabitants = yashab
thereof are as grasshoppers; = chagab
that stretcheth out = natah
the heavens = shamayim
as a curtain, = doq
and spreadeth them out = mathach
as a tent = 'ohel
to dwell in: = yashab

The Hebrew word chuwg is a primitive root to describe a circle, to encircle or to encompass ..

Yet another describes the Hebrew word translated “circle” in Isaiah 40:22 is hhug. It means circle in 2 dimensions and sphere in 3 dimensions. I asked a Jewish friend and he said there is no separate word in Hebrew for sphere.

http://www.searchgodswor...b/view.cgi?number=02329
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Original Word Word Origin = gwx
from Transliterated Word Phonetic Spelling: Chuwg = khoog
Parts of Speech (TWOT) Noun Masculine

Translated Words
KJV (3) - circle, 1; circuit, 1; compass, 1;
NAS (3) - circle, 2; vault, 1;

What is a "vaulted ceiling" but dome shaped showing 3D ..
doesn't "encompass" mean to wrap around ???

THE ONLY OTHER TWO VERSES THAT USE "chuwg"

Job 22:14 Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.
Pro 8:27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

what does the earth looks like from space ???
is Isaiah not speaking from Gods vantage ???

The NIV – New Improved Version has tidied up the awkward “...sits UPON the circle of the earth” to read “...sits ABOVE the circle of the earth”. Notice how they soften the above KJV quotation also.) Strange how the church fathers somehow missed this point and threatened to burn Galileo ..

Job 26:7 "He stretches out the north over empty space And hangs the earth on nothing.

The Bible writers somehow portrayed astonishing scientific truths far ahead of their time ..

At a time when it was commonly thought the Earth was perched on giant spokes, the Old Testament spoke of the planet free floating in space. There was no scientific proof of that until the 17th Century .. The Book of Isaiah, written about 28 centuries ago, spoke of the Earth being spherical about three centuries before Aristotle suggested the same thing and 2000 years before Columbus proved it ..

The Bible also talks of cycles of air currents around the Earth a couple of millennium before scientists discovered them ..

The Bible says the universe began in an instant .. Science once theorised the universe and all life forms evolved over time .. Now scientists believe the universe began in an instant, a Big Bang ..

Ralph Waldo Emerson said the religion that was afraid of science dishonored God.

Back