Where Are The Animals

So would that be the same for a hypothetical baby that was dropped onto a deserted island, survived and grew old, had no literature such as the bible and therefore no understanding of God?

NOPE!

Romans 1:18-20 makes it abundantly clear that all men know of God through the creation itself.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[a] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The argument from cause and effect is one logical argument for the existence of God. As everything that exists must have an adequate cause, so an all powerful and intelligent God is an adequate cause to explain that there is a universe. The Scripture identifies that cause as the creative power of God.

NOPE!

Romans 1:18-20 makes it abundantly clear that all men know of God through the creation itself.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[a] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The argument from cause and effect is one logical argument for the existence of God. As everything that exists must have an adequate cause, so an all powerful and intelligent God is an adequate cause to explain that there is a universe. The Scripture identifies that cause as the creative power of God.
And if there is no adequately proven cause for something to exist?

And what does that mean for my island man?

And if there is no adequately proven cause for something to exist?

And what does that mean for my island man?

Creation itself proves that there is a God.

Did you make the earth. Did you make the sun. Did you make the moon? Did you create man?

God said to Job who asked the same questions you are asking.........."Where exactly were YOU when I was hanging the sun in the sky"?

Creation IS the adequate proven cause that effected man's ability to know that there is someone, something that did it.

That is the reason Paul (who wrote Romans) anticipates the question........."If ungodly men do not have full knowledge of God, are they then really lost"?

The answer is the first word in Romans 1:19......"BECAUSE".

Paul then goes on to tell us that the revelation of God is seen in nature itself. Man has a sufficient knowledge of God to make hi responsible to God. Again....cause and effect!

That knowledge comes from the fact that "the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen".

Man's intellect Is capable of drawing obvious conclusions from this cause and effect example. To animals who do not have the ability to REASON , nature makes no impression upon their mind.

As for the man on your island.............."He Is without excuse (vs. 20).

Creation itself proves that there is a God.
It does if you believe the bible.

Did you make the earth. Did you make the sun. Did you make the moon? Did you create man?
No, but I have a pretty well formed opinion of how they came about I think.

Creation IS the adequate proven cause that effected man's ability to know that there is someone, something that did it.
It is if you believe the bible but I've not seen it any real proof (admittedly I'm not very far through it).

As for the man on your island.............."He Is without excuse (vs. 20).
So he doesn't get raptured?

Psalm 19
(NLT)
1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.
(The Message)
1-2 God’s glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon.
Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening.
3-4 Their words aren’t heard, their voices aren’t recorded,
But their silence fills the earth: unspoken truth is spoken everywhere.

Chili, interesting you should post Psalms 19, here is just one of many proofs that the Psalmist spoke the truth, ...recordings of them speaking,

How did he know that before NASA?

We serve an awesome God!

Be blessed,

Gene

AMEN!!!!

Isaiah 49:13 (NLT)
Sing for joy, O heavens!
Rejoice, O earth!
Burst into song, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted his people
and will have compassion on them in their suffering.

Chili, interesting you should post Psalms 19, here is just one of many proofs that the Psalmist spoke the truth, ...recordings of them speaking,

How did he know that before NASA?

We serve an awesome God!

Be blessed,

Gene
What if those recordings are made up nonsense?

On the other hand, how do you make such an obscure flimsy connection between science and Psalms and keep a straight face?

What if those recordings are made up nonsense?

On the other hand, how do you make such an obscure flimsy connection between science and Psalms and keep a straight face?

That is uncalled for. God Himself declares that the heavens sing. All creation has a song. We have flesh ears that cannot hear it, but we who know God understand and rejoice in knowing that all Creation praises Him.

Luke 19:38-40 (GW)
38 They shouted joyfully,

“Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!
Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest heaven.”

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, tell your disciples to be quiet.”

40 Jesus replied, “I can guarantee that if they are quiet, the stones will cry out.”

40 Jesus replied, “I can guarantee that if they are quiet, the stones will cry out."

How is it uncalled for?

If someone makes such a tenuous link between a piece of scripture as this and recent scientific discovery then I am able to question that link, am I not?

Come on Tubby, you can do better than that, this didn't come from those crazy Christians community, but from the very scientific people that you are putting your trust in!

Remember what I told you some time ago, about the two different responses in people that hear the Gospel?

1. They hear, believe and accept/receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and are filled with peace and joy.
or
2. They reject the Gospel, ...................and go insane.

Tubby my friend, when you first started posting here you could respond with intelligence, now you are starting to ummmmmm.........,

You must be really tired fighting against your own conscience (just can't get that image of Jesus hanging on that Cross battered, tortured and dying for you precious Tubby out of your mind, can you), no atheists have spent as much time here as you have, and LOOK, you are even reading the Bible, o_O ...why don't you put down your arguments and join us, we would be glad to have you, accept/receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, today is your day of salvation, .....before it's too late!

Blessings,

Gene

Come on Tubby, you can do better than that, this didn't come from those crazy Christians community, but from the very scientific people that you are putting your trust in!

Exactly Gene, it is science and it's good science. It's the hypocrisy that I read that astounds me. You are so eager to reject science and cling onto fallacies that support your rejections when it doesn't suit but clamber aboard something like this at the drop of a hat and claim that science backs up scripture.

If you are happy to allow your faith to select evidence based solely on how it lines up with your bible then go ahead. I don't think I can do that.

I would be more impressed if you dismissed ALL of science instead of filtering by myth.

You must be really tired fighting against your own conscience (just can't get that image of Jesus hanging on that Cross battered, tortured and dying for you precious Tubby out of your mind, can you)

On the contrary, an image of Jesus on a cross almost never comes to mind (unless I'm visiting some old cathedrals or such). Even then, whilst fascinated by the history and architecture, I don't get a spiritual connection. Must be hard to understand eh?

I think you are fighting to rid your tormented mind of constant images of Jesus and see what its like over here.

@TubbyTubby I don't think anyone answered your question about the man on the island, so here you go:

Romans 2:11-16 (KJV)
For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; ) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

In other words, if they have the word of God, they'll be judged by it. If they don't, they'll be judged by their conscience because the law of God is written on all our hearts - which scientists are finding contains its own little brain... but that's another matter...

Thanks for answering, it was all well and good until...

...because the law of God is written on all our hearts - which scientists are finding contains its own little brain... but that's another matter...

Not all neurons are brain cells (and not all brain cells are neurons – there are glia also, but that’s another story). Neurons are specialized cells of the nervous system that use the electrical potential across the membrane of all cells, which in neurons have evolved a special function, to trigger depolarizations that send an electrical signal down their axons which then sends a signal to another cell.

Not all neurons are in the brain. There are neurons in the spinal cord and in the peripheral nervous system as well.

Further, not all neurons contribute directly to the mind – conscious processes – or even subconscious processes beyond some basic sensory feedback to the brain. There is, for example, the autonomic nervous system, which (as the name implies) is concerned not with thinking but with regulating basic bodily function. This includes the function of the GI system and the heart.

It is no surprise, therefore, that the heart and the guts will contain their own specialized neurons that participate in autonomic function.

The function of the heart is highly regulated, because the demands on the cardiovascular system can fluctuate quickly and greatly. Just standing up requires a delicate adjustment in cardiac output and vessel tone in order to maintain perfusion pressure to the brain. Without this rapid adjustment we would get light-headed and possibly faint every time we stood up (this is a disorder some people have when there is a problem with autonomic function).

The heart responds to three systems that work together to regulate its function – the autonomic nervous system, the hormonal system (chemicals that are secreted in the blood that affect heart function, like adrenaline), and an intrinsic nervous system. The heart contains its own electrical system that regulates itself in order to keep the heart pumping in a coordinated fashion. This function is then further adjusted by the autonomic and hormonal systems.

A recent review of the evidence indicates that the heart contains a complex intrinsic nervous system comprised of multiple ganglia (clusters of neurons) that network with each other.

None of this means that the heart has a mind. It takes more than neurons, or even a system of neurons, to form a mind. A complex network of neurons can function like a computer chip, and no more has a mind than your laptop does.

It is true that the heart, like the rest of the body, especially the autonomic nervous system, provides sensory feedback to our brains. This can affect our emotions – when something physical is happening to our body we can feel anxious or depressed. Pain itself is a physical sensation that carries with it a specific emotional response, because pain pathways specifically send signal to the limbic system to create the negative emotional response to pain.

In the same way, in addition to anxiety making our heart race, when our heart races that makes us feel anxious. There is an obvious adaptive function here – our brains respond emotionally to the condition of our bodies, which might be telling us about a threat or danger.

None of this adds up to the heart or gut having a mind. The mind is entirely the product of the brain, which of course is part of the body and is extensively connected to the body through various feedback mechanisms – hardly a surprise.

Conclusion

The heart does not contain brain cells. It contains neurons that comprise its own intrinsic system for regulating cardiac function. Further, neurons alone do not equal mind or consciousness. It takes the specialized organization of neurons in the brain to produce cognitive processes that we experience as the mind.

This is all a complex and fascinating system. It is a shame that some gurus exploit this for a cheap mystical metaphor, distorting the very cool science.

Back