1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

When You Pray

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LanceA, Mar 13, 2014.

1. I was wondering if anyone has a special way they prepare for prayer? I know alot of us pray throughout the day; but do you light candles, put on comfortable clothing, incense etc....

I will start off with what I do. I do talk to God many times during the day. I do love talking with God while in nature. In ways I follow the Celtic Tradition. When I am alone at home I do like to prepare and at times light candles and dim the lights. It just gets me in a relaxed place to speak with God. I use to wear a robe but haven't in years. I think the robe was just something I had a hard time departing with after my heathen pagan days :). Now its your turn.
    AllieWi likes this.
  2. I just close my eyes, bow my head, hold my hands together and say "My father Yahuah who is in Heaven, (Prayer goes here), in Yahusha's name (and/or blood) I pray, Amen." This is just my current prayer life, it will probably change in the future. I also use Jesus Christ as well. I just learned the Hebrew a year ago and I've stuck with it ever since.
    AllieWi likes this.
  3. Celtic Christians could teach us quite a bit!

Have you used the Carmina Gadelica which is a book full of Celtic prayers covering every part of their day/night?
  4. I have similar books. I will look that one up. I use to follow the praying hours from "The Prayer Foundation".
  5. I don't do anything special. I pray every morning and evening. In the morning, I always start by thanking God for another day. In recent mornings, I have been praying to God to help me get back on track at work because I have been slacking a bit...okay a lot. My job is odd though because I develop/run analytics for compliance purposes so I usually post on this forum site in my down time. I will sometimes pray throughout the day depending on what's going on, but I usually gather things to pray about at night and when the time comes before bed, I pray about those things. Again, nothing special, just good ole prayer time :)
  6. I pray about everything that disturbs me, when I'm confused, when I feel angry. I pray every day (for the most part!) that God would help me be patient, living , and kind. I thank him in prayer all day-- he is never far from my thoughts. I also pray before I read the bible.