When Were You Saved?

When were you saved?

• I am as yet unsaved

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What about six million innocent people murdered by a genocidal despot?

The deaths of these people were horrible---there is no getting around that. But what about them? God loves them also, and desired them to know Him through His Son, Jesus. The carnage that happened in Germany is also a spiritual carnage, for most of them would have been killed having rejected their Messiah. That makes the tragedy even more painful to contemplate.

The same love of God for these poor people is the same love he had for those who killed them. They were all sinners. The particular sin that is committed doesn't make a sinner a sinner---it is one's position before God that makes one a sinner.

I can't comment because I don't know the extent of that criminal's crimes. I am taking the logic you are using and extending it to a genocidal maniac and showing you that SOME people are going to have a problem with it. Now, I want to be really clear that I'm not questioning God, nor am I questioning His actions. What I'm questioning is your understanding of the Bible and suggesting that it might not possibly be as clear as you are saying it is.

Why should we make a problem out of it? God will have His Day. You are the one with the problem that needs to be taken to God for Him to sort you out.

What you have concerning God's word is an interpretation, whether you want to admit that or not. That's all I have, too. And when I question the way you follow it you should not interpret it as an attack but a suggestion to be open to the possibility that there's another way of looking at it.

So far, after 52 years of studying the word and walking with God, He hasn't given me any alternatives for looking at many things.

Can you think of anything more vile than what Hitler did? About the only thing I would say he DIDN'T deserve was a free pass.

All sin is equally vile to God. There have been many nations and leaders who have tried to wipe out the Jews. Hitler is the most recent. If you want to sit in judgement over him, feel free. I don't think he did have a deathbed conversion, but if he had, it is God's great grace that met him at that moment. You have no right to quantify His grace, and to discount the gospel message as inefficient for someone such as him.

The deaths of these people were horrible---there is no getting around that. But what about them? God loves them also, and desired them to know Him through His Son, Jesus. The carnage that happened in Germany is also a spiritual carnage, for most of them would have been killed having rejected their Messiah. That makes the tragedy even more painful to contemplate.
We really can't speculate on how God would have dealt with people who "rejected their Messiah" because we are not God. What I know about those six million people is THEY didn't commit a genocidal act. That leads me to believe they were hardly in the same league as Adolf Hitler.

Why should we make a problem out of it? God will have His Day. You are the one with the problem that needs to be taken to God for Him to sort you out.
God will sort me out when He chooses to sort me out, and it will have nothing to do with your desires regarding what you feel I deserve or what supposed "problems" I have.

We really can't speculate on how God would have dealt with people who "rejected their Messiah" because we are not God. What I know about those six million people is THEY didn't commit a genocidal act. That leads me to believe they were hardly in the same league as Adolf Hitler.

God Himself tells us what happens to those who reject the Messiah. So, speculation is not something we need to be doing. We know.

The sin itself makes no difference as to the final destiny of the person, whether it is to the murder himself or to the murdered: reject Jesus Christ and suffer eternal condemnation.

God will sort me out when He chooses to sort me out, and it will have nothing to do with your desires regarding what you feel I deserve or what supposed "problems" I have.

Simply believe the word, Peace.

Always been a Christian my whole life (21 years) although I was truly saved in June 2013.And I always loved God and went to church. Always treated people with respect and kindness and Im always full of love. I was even an alter boy and hung out with my priests like they were my own brothers.But soon I developed a sick obsession with my body (body dysmorphia) idolized myself more than I did Jesus although I really hadn't realized it.Also did drugs and drank alcohol on the weekends and partied with girls. Any how when I realized I couldn't achieve my goals so one day I literally just broke down and started crying. I never cry literally, not trying to sound like a tough guy but I'm Arabic Christian parents are strict and Muslims hate us for the most part. I've seen an Iraqi woman die right in front of me without even blinking an eye. But somehow I cried because I didn't achieve the look I wanted too thats how sick my obsession with myself became. So I cried and got on my knees and seriously prayed to Jesus with all my heart. Ever since that day I've never been depressed ... the obsession is gone... no more drugs or getting drunk or partying. Still working on the adultery and im confident I will overcome that as well. God bless guys.

Always been a Christian my whole life (21 years) although I was truly saved in June 2013.And I always loved God and went to church. Always treated people with respect and kindness and Im always full of love. I was even an alter boy and hung out with my priests like they were my own brothers.But soon I developed a sick obsession with my body (body dysmorphia) idolized myself more than I did Jesus although I really hadn't realized it.Also did drugs and drank alcohol on the weekends and partied with girls. Any how when I realized I couldn't achieve my goals so one day I literally just broke down and started crying. I never cry literally, not trying to sound like a tough guy but I'm Arabic Christian parents are strict and Muslims hate us for the most part. I've seen an Iraqi woman die right in front of me without even blinking an eye. But somehow I cried because I didn't achieve the look I wanted too thats how sick my obsession with myself became. So I cried and got on my knees and seriously prayed to Jesus with all my heart. Ever since that day I've never been depressed ... the obsession is gone... no more drugs or getting drunk or partying. Still working on the adultery and im confident I will overcome that as well. God bless guys.

Great post brother, it almost mirrors my experiences, except from the Iraqi woman part, God bless you, some testimony you have there....

People are not saved on some particular date in history, but before the world began. The date we might be thinking of as getting saved was the date in which we found out what God had done for us before the world began.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The gospel does not give life, it simply brings to us the life that God had already given us in the beginning!!!
Jesus destroyed death by bringing this revelation to us through the gospel of our salvation. :)

Back