When Life Is Unfair

When Life Is Unfair

When Life Is Unfair

We May Be Abused

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:15[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Wishing to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas for them, and after having Jesus scourged, he handed Him over to be crucified. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]I was taught that Barabbas was confined less than a quarter of a mile from the trial site of Jesus. He would have heard them shouting his name. I figure that Barabbas being Jewish and likely knowing the custom of the Roman Governor would have felt a great salvation had just been given to him. From my map, available at [/FONT]www.bible.ca[FONT=Georgia, serif], the Fortress Antonia, where I believe Barabbas would have been held, was very close to the Trial of Jesus. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:16[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] The soldiers took Him away into the palace (that is, the Praetorium), and they *called together the whole [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Roman[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] cohort.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]In the first century a Roman Cohort was composed of 800 men. The guard placed on the man that had committed no crime was 800 armed men.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:17[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] They *dressed Him up in purple, and after twisting a crown of thorns, they put it on Him; [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:18[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] and they began to acclaim Him, "Hail, King of the Jews!" [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:19[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] They kept beating His head with a reed, and spitting on Him, and kneeling and bowing before Him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]It is notable that Mark leaves the 39 stripes with the Cat-O-Nine Tails out of his account of the Crucifixion account. It Is thought that this Gospel is what is remembered by John Mark, the same Mark of 1Pet. 5:13, as told to him by Peter, in Rome. This would account for the omission. Any story retold loses some depth but this, in no manor harms the account.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:20[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] After they had mocked Him, they took the purple robe off Him and put His [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]own[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] garments on Him. And they *led Him out to crucify Him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]It is important for us to remember here that the ripping of the whip has caused the oozing of blood to have flowed and the robe would be full of his drying blood. I once ticked two of my fingers with a chain saw to the bare knuckle. The restoration of them involved jerking the bandage off two or three times a day to rip the scabs off and cause layers of replacement tissue to grow. This caused me, almost unimaginable pain and when they jerked the robe loose this is exactly the pain that Jesus would have felt...all over His body. We must never believe the popular lie that serving Jesus is the end of all our troubles. We should always expect persecution and we should always expect it to grow. If we follow Jesus we will be abused.[/FONT]

We May Be Mocked

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:29[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Those passing by were hurling abuse at Him, wagging their heads, and saying, "Ha! You who [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]going to[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:30[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] save Yourself, and come down from the cross!" [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]One of man's largest faults is the desire to be in the group. I remember many days as a youth watching one person begin to torment another and as time grew so did the tormentors. At seventeen I stood 6'1” and weighed 110lbs. Since I was so skinny I was often chosen for a beating in the grave yard three blocks from the school. Retuning to class the next day meant a great deal of shouldering and elbow abuse. I was mocked because I couldn't fight but Jesus was mocked because He fore told the future and healed people. He did good for everyone and only the Sanhedrin disapproved...until he was on the cross and then everyone hated Him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:31[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes, were mocking [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Him[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] among themselves and saying, "He saved others; He cannot save Himself. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:32[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] "Let [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]this[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Christ, the King of Israel, now come down from the cross, so that we may see and believe!" Those who were crucified with Him were also insulting Him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]From the Luke 23:40-43 account that one of the two might have joined in the ?fun? at first that before the end he turned and rebuked the other thief and asked for and received salvation from Jesus. The Scribes and the Pharisees, though not all of them, mocked Him in disbelief but one of the thieves and a soldier came to believe while Jesus was on the cross. While being mocked He remained true to His mission...so should we.[/FONT]

We May Face Untimely Death

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:37[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:38[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 15:39[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] When the centurion, who was standing right in front of Him, saw the way He breathed His last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]The Romans were experts in the arts of torture and they enjoyed their work. It was in no manor common for a man on the cross to die this quickly. The fact that the veil hiding the Holy of Holies was ripped from the top to the bottom and not form the bottom to the top because even though it was far to thick for a man to have torn or ripped it, only God could have done it from the top down.[/FONT]

We Will Be Vindicated

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 16:5[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]From Matt.28 we know that the “young man” was an angel of the LORD.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 16:6[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And he *said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]here is[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the place where they laid Him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]For the Christian, the true follower of Christ, this should be one very comforting passage of scripture. Like Jesus we will not go to Sheol but will immediately be with Him in Heaven. Jesus went first to Paradise, a.k.a. Abraham's Buxom, to empty it of the Old Testament saints (Matt. 27:50-53) allowing them to enter into Heaven.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mar 16:7[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] "But go, tell His disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He told you.'" [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Any time that we see a promise from Jesus we need never doubt it because it is the very Word of God. Though we will be mocked and mistreated, in the end of everything we will be rewarded and justified because we believed and followed Him.[/FONT]

Back