When God Speaks, It Is So

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by godbe4me, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Are You Being Made Perfect?

Are You Being Made Perfect?

Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

Hebrews 5:8-9

There is a positive aspect to suffering. We all endure suffering to some degree, but the good news is that through it we can become like Jesus. Are you willing to pay whatever price is necessary in order to become like Christ? There are some things that God can build into your life only through suffering. Even Jesus, the sinless Son of God, was complete only after He had endured the suffering His Father had set before Him. Once He had suffered, He was the complete, mature, and perfect Savior through whom an entire world could find salvation.

If you become bitter over your hardships, you close some parts of your life from God. If you do this, you will never be complete. Some places in your soul can be reached only by suffering. The Spirit of God has important things to teach you, but you can only learn these lessons in the midst of your trials. King Saul was made king without ever enduring hardship, but he never developed the charater or maturity to handle God's assignment. David spent years in suffering and heartache. When he finally ascended the throne, he was a man after God's own heart.

Don't resent the suffering God allows in your life. Don't make all your decisions and invest everything you have into avoiding hardship. God did not spare His own Son. How can we expect Him to spare us? Learn obedience even when it hurts!

Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:bow::bow::bow:
    I would like to thank all of you who have followed Henry and Richard Blackaby's "Daily Devotional" thread. I will be changing up a bit. Instead of posting a Devotional everyday as I have been, I will be posting a Devotional twice a week.

2. Weariness

Weariness

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Matthew 11:28-29

If you find that Christianity exhausts you, draining you of your energy, then you are practicing religion rather than enjoying a relationship Jesus said that a relationship with Him would bring rest to your soul. Your walk with the Lord will not make you weary; it will invigorate you, restore your strength, and energize your life.

Hard work or lack of sleep can make you tired. This fatigue can usually be remedied by a good rest. But there is a deeper fatigue that goes beyond physical tiredness. There is an emotional exhaustion that comes from experiencing heavy burdens and draining crisis. There is a tiredness deep within your soul that comes from carrying the weight of the needs of others. You can go on a vacation, but your soul will not be restored. This condition can only be rectified by finding rest in Christ.

Some zealous Christians want to do all they can to serve Christ, and they exhaust themselves in the process. It was to these that Jesus extended His invitation to go to Him and learn from Him. Jesus spent most of His earthly ministry surrounded by needy multitudes. He faced relentless opposition, He often prayed throughout the night, and He rarely had any privacy, yet He always received the rest and strength that came from His Father. It was not that Jesus did not work hard but that He knew the path to spiritual rest. Are you weary? Go to Jesus and let Him give you His rest. His rest will restore your soul as nothing else can.

3. Casting Your Cares

Casting Your Cares

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7

As you've no doubt discovered, becoming a Christian does not make your problems go away. But it does give you an Advocate to whom you can take every conern. The Christians Peter addressed were facing persecution. They did not know whom they could trust; a friend, a neighbor, or even a family member could betray them, resulting in suffering and even death. But Peter had walked with the risen Christ, and he had personally experienced the love that Jesus had for His followers. He knew that Christ was in control, capable of handling every trial and that He wanted to do so as an expression of His love.

Casting our cares is a choice. It means consciously handing over our anxiety to Christ and allowing Him to carry the weight of our problems. At times this is the most difficult part of trusting God! We don't like turning over the responsibility for our problems. We have been taught that self-reliance is good and praiseworthy. We may even enjoy worrying. Yet if we are to be freed from the burden of our concerns, we must choose to cast them into the strong hands of our Father.

Peter does not distinguish between little cares and big cares. God does not differentiate between problems we should handle on our own and God-sized needs. He asks us to turn them all over to Him. One of our greatest errors is to assume we can deal with something ourselves, only to discover that we really can't.

God sees you as His frail child, burdened with a load that surpasses your strength. He stands prepared to take your load and to carry it for you. Will you let Him?

Godbe4me:bow::amen::jesus-sign:

4. Are You Being Made Perfect?

Are You Being Made Perfect?

Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

Hebrews 5:8-9

There is a positive aspect to suffering. We all endure suffering to some degree, but the good news is that through it we can become like Jesus. Are you willing to pay whatever price is necessary in order to become like Christ? There are some things that God can build into your life only through suffering. Even Jesus, the sinless Son of God, was complete only after He had endured the suffering His Father had set before Him. Once He had suffered, He was the complete, mature, and perfect Savior through whom an entire world could find salvation.

If you become bitter over your hardships, you close some parts of your life from God. If you do this, you will never be complete. Some places in your soul can be reached only by suffering. The Spirit of God has important things to teach you, but you can only learn these lessons in the midst of your trials. King Saul was made king without ever enduring hardship, but he never developed the character or maturity to handle God's assignment. David spent years in suffering and heartache. When he finally ascended the throne, he was a man after God's own heart.

Don't resent the suffering God allows in your life. Don't make all your decisions and invest everything you have into avoiding hardship. God did not spare His own Son. How can we expect Him to spare us? Learn obedience even when it hurst!

5. Whom Is God Sending To You?

Whom Is God Sending To You?

"So I brought him to Your disciples, but hey could not cure him." Then Jesus answered and said, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me."

Matthew 17:16-17

Jesus gave His disciples the power to cast out demons and to perform miracles of healing (Matt. 10:8). He gave them His authority to minister to people, yet they became so self-centered that they lost the power to do the work of God. When God sent a Father with his epileptic son to them for healing, they failed miserably. They were so concerned with position and status (Mark 9:32-35) that they lost their focus on what God wanted to do through them.

Jesus' response to His disciples included some of the harshest words ever to come from His mouth. He called His own disciples "unbelieving" and "perverse" and questioned how much longer He had to endure them! Why? Because they were supposed to be on mission with Him to bring salvation to others, but they had become so disoriented to Him that they were spiritually powerless, lacking the faith to bring physical and spiritual comfort to those God had sent to them.

God ought to be able to send a hurting person to any child of His and expect that they will be helped. Like the disciples, we can become so preoccupied with our own ambitions and distracted by the busyness of our lives that we become ineffective in ministering to those whom God sends to us. It is even possible to become so involved in religious activity that we are of no help to anyone. Regularly take inventory of your life to see if you are being a faithful steward of every life God sends to you.

Godbe4me:fish::amen::jesus-sign:

6. XLT quote Godbe4me. it makes a whole lotta sense. I even got the hint from that :) it was kinda like church today. much along the same lines. WOW a double message.:cool:
    Chili out.

7. Yes, God works through His children. God bless you brother

Godbe4me

8. God's Eternal Perspective

God's Eternal Perspective

I will make you a great nation; I will bless you
    And make your name great;
    And you shall be a blessing

Genesis 12:2

Big assignments require big characters. God will give you a responsibility in proportion to the size of your character. In Bible times, a person's name represented his character; to know someone's name was to know what the person was like. That's why God changed the name of some when He transformed their character. For example, the Lord wanted to bless all the nations of the earth through Abram, yet Abram's character was too weak for such a task. God said He would make Abram's name great so that He could make him a blessing to future generations. Then over the next twenty-five years, God developed Abraham's character to match the name He had given him.

God sees your life from His eternal perspective. He will take whatever time is necessary to grow your character to match His assignment for you. If you have not received a divine commission lately, it may be that your character needs maturing. Are you impatient to begin your work before God has refined your character? A small character will fail in a large responsibility every time. Don't be too hasty to get to the work. Character-building can be long and painful. It took twenty-five years before God entrusted Abraham with his first son and set in motion the establishment of the nation of Israel. Yet God was true to His word, and thousands of years later people continue to be blessed by the account of Abraham's life and by his descendant, Jesus.

How is God building your character? Do you sense He has a task for you that will require a far greater man or woman than you presently are? Will you yield to God as He works in your life to prepare you for your next assignment?

9. Fatihful in a Little

Faithful in a Little

"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much."

Luke 16:10

God rewards those who are faithful. Throughout your life God will seek to grow you in your faith. He will continually bring you to times when you must trust Him. He will lead you into situations that require "little" faith, and if you are faithful, He will then take you into situations that require even greater trust in Him. Each time you are able to trust God at a higher level, God will reveal more of Himself to you. Your faith and experiencing God are directly linked.

The best way to tell if you are prepared for a greater revelation of God is to see how faithful you have been with what God has given you. This is a foundational principle in God's relationships with us: If you have been faithful with the little He has given you, you are ready to be entrusted with more. If you failed to trust God with the little He gave you, He will not trust you with more. God will not lead you beyond your present level of trust and obedience to Him. He will return you to your area of unfaithfulness until you are prepared to trust Him. The children of Israel were unwilling to trust God to lead them into the Promised Land, and their generation never again was able to move forward with Him.

You stand at an exciting new door of opportunity to know God more intimately every time you believe Him. Every step of faith leads you to a deeper relationship of faith with Him. It is an open invitation to know God more intimately.

Godbe4me:amen::jesus-sign:

10. Royal Priests

Royal Priests

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthook, a holy nation,
    His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him
    who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

1 Peter 2:9

If you are a Christian, you are a priest, chosen by God. As a member of the royal priesthood you have constant access to the King. If there is ever a need in your life, you don't have to find an intermediary or enlist another priest in order to gain a hearing from the King. Your position as a royal priest allows you direct access. This privilege describes your position as a priest.

However, priests also have a function. It is the responsibility of a priest to work within a priesthood. Scripture does not promote the practice of individual priests, each with a separate ministry. Rather, priests function together (Lev. 9:1). An unbiblical sense of individualism can isolate you from functioning within God's royal priesthood as He intended.

The priest represents God to the people, but he also takes the people's concerns to God. Is there someone around you who desperately needs the intercession of one of God's priests? Perhaps someone will only come to know God by seeing Him in your life. Our world hungers for an expression of Christ as He really is, living out His life through His people. It is dangerous to put our job above our calling by God. We are called to be priests first, and to hold a job second. When we get these out of order, everyone around us is denied access to the Father through us. God may have called you into a secular job as a vocation, but more importantly He has appointed you to be one of His royal priests.

11. God cannot lie. If He said today was Friday when it was Monday it would instantly become Friday!

12. God's Promises Are Yes

God's Promises Are Yes

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

2 Corinthians 1:20

God keeps every promise He makes. When we walk in intimate fellowship with Christ, we have the assurance that every promise God has made in Scripture is available to us. This truth should motivate us to search the Scripture for each promise in order to meditate upon its potential for our life.

Jesus promsed that when you ask for something in His will, He will give you what you ask (John 16:23). This promise is available to every Christian. If you ask God if this promise applies to your life, His answer is yes. If you are not now experiencing this promise, it does not change the fact that God has said it. You may need to seek God's answer for why His promise has not yet reached maturity in you.

Paul claimed he had tested each of these promises in his own life and found them all to be abundantly true. That's why he could speak of the "exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:7) and the "unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph. 3:8). Paul had found a wealth of God's promises and enjoyed them all in abundance.

Don't become discouraged or impatient if you are not experiencing to the fullest all of God's promises in your life. God may want to prepare you to receive some of the great truths He has made available to you. Walk closely with your Lord and , in time, you will see Him bring His promises to fuition in your life.

Godbe4me:bible::bible::amen::jesus-sign:

13. Follow Me

Follow Me

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after ME, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."

Matthew 16:24

We can take God's presence for granted. We can assume that because Jesus said He would be with us always, He will follow us wherever we go (Matt. 28:20). Jesus does not follow us; we are to follow Him. You do not invite God to join you in your activity. He invites you to become involved in His activity. Jesus said: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Following Jesus requires absolute obedience. He does not seek our counsel about which direction we think is suitable. God already knows what is best without ever having to consult with us.

Following Jesus will lead you into experiences you never dreamed of! You will be with Jesus as He weeps over those trapped in sin. You will feel the pain that Jesus feels. You will see those who were spiritually blind experience the joy of coming to see God for the first time. You will see lives that were broken, made whole. You will see marriages restored; those in bondage, released; and those who mourn, comforted. At times it will be easy to follow Jesus. At other times, you will be tempted to abandon Him. Following Jesus can mean going through a storm or standing on a mountaintop.

You may have stopped folowing Jesus, but now you want to follow again. When you stopped following Jesus, you did so on your terms. But the returning to Jesus is strictly under His conditions. He is God, and you are not. Are you willing to follow Jesus anywhere, at any time, under any condition? That is the only way you can follow Him.

Godbe4me:amen::jesus-sign:

14. Power, Not Fear

Power, Not Fear

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

The only fear that God encourages in a Christian's life is the fear of God (2 Cor. 5:10-11; Heb. 10:31). Fear of people does not come from God. The problem is that many Christians fear people more than they fear God. Their fear hinders them from pleasing God because they waste their efforts appeasing other people.

Timothy was a young man, timid by nature, and probably not strong physically (1 Tim. 5:23). He knew of Pauls frequent trials and persecutions. He knew that he, too might suffer those same persecutions. Paul reminded his young colleague that fear of others does not come from God.

Fear causes us to stop and question what God has clearly told us to do. Perhaps we were confident in our obedience until persecution came; now we doubt whether we heard God correctly. Most fear is fear of the unknown. We do not know what lies ahead of us, so we become apprehensive. Our imaginations can magnify problems until they seem insurmountable. We need a sound mind to see things in proper perspective. That is why God gave us His Holy Spirit, to enable us to see things as God sees them.

Fear is no excuse to disobey God. There is no reason to live in fear when you have the mighty presence of the Holy Spirit within you. Fear will enslave you, but Christ has come to set you free. Ask God to free you from any fear you are experienceing and to open your eyes. As he reveals the reality of your situation, He will enable you to continue in obedience.

Godbe4me:jesus-sign::amen:

15. I really like this. Fear is a huge problem for me..I come from a very violent background and I honestly can not remember a time in my whole life were I did not have fear of some sort. This is somthing i am prying God will set me free from.

16. Aww, sorry to hear that Glow . . . I will pray for you.

[​IMG]

17. I know what you mean sister. I as well had fear in my life for many years. That is why I tell everyone I come across about the word of God and claiming his promises. Just like this devotional says, fear is not of God. I went in the Bible and starting pulling scriptures and claiming them and today the devil is a liar.:dance::dance:

18. He is a liar and I do know this. I have suffered with anxiety for many years..and it was so bad I could not even step out my front door without fear. I even was afraid to take a shower for many years would only used the tub. I am not a bad now and I do go out some but I am very fearful when I go some were in a car....I want to be freed from this.

19. Oh sister, you are already free from it by being a child of God. The devil is a liar. You have the power to get out of that bondage. That is what it is, bondage. You see, if you don't claim the promises of God over yourself and pray, you are rendered weak and the devil will have a field day with you. By you being a child of God, the devil knows that he cannot have your spirit. But if you do not pray and stay in the word you are weak and the devil will make your remaining days here on earth terrible by keeping you in bondage. Oh, sister stand up and claim your life back from the devil. In Romans 8:15-16 it says, "The spirit we receive does not make us slaves again to fear; it makes us children of God. With that Spirit we cry out, "Father," And the Spirit himself joins with our spirits to say we are God's Children."

Let me tell you what the Bible says about fear. These are promises to you Sister.

Proverbs 3:25 says, "Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh."

Isaiah 43:5 says, "Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

John 14:27 says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let is be afraid."

Oh sister, this is just some of what God says about fear. I do understand that fear sometimes creeps in. But when it does, just start claiming the promises of God on fear and it will leave. You see, the devil can keep you fearful and not wanting to leave your home out of fear. But God has plans for all of His children. We are here for a reason. STAND on the word of God and tell the devil to get out of your home and he will flee. Oh, sister, I will pray for you because once you realize that there is nothing to fear as a child of God because greater is He who lives in me than he who lives in the world; you will stomp on the devil head and allow God to move you forward. Let me remind you, God is with you right now. He is waiting on you to activate your faith.

20. tears.... know your right sis, it just is very hard.