when Christ returns

smellycat

Account Closed
when Christ returns

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

he,s gonna be quick as lightning then.?

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

he,s gonna be quick as lightning then.?

Not as quick as ligtning M8 but as visible as lightning. Check these other versions:

New International Version (©1984)
For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

American Standard Version
For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.

But of course, He could be quick as lightning if He wants to :smiley10:

Well actually dear friends, It is "light" in the Greek, and it is quite specifically as the Son arising or "daystar" arising in your hearts but even more than that, get this...
The Sun comes up in the East and Sets in the West.
The Gospel message was to be sent in this manner unto the ends of the earth.
If you get out your globe, you can track it exactly like this, from the East to the West!
I wasn't until just very recently, on the grand scale of things, that the Light of the Glorious Gospel came up from the east to shine on this West Coast of America where I live, the "last frontier".
Fascinating isn't it!
That is how the Lord "Comes", by the messengers into the four winds!

Blessings in Christ!

Son of Jesus

the light will shine from east to west.the Gospel of Christ.Christ is the way and the life,not was the way and the life.:smiley90:

there will be no darkness,no secret places,no corrupt satan droids hiding .:smiley90:

Lol.
No darkness in me because of Him!
(Joh 1:4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(Mat 4:16)
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
(Mat 5:14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(Mat 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

No more secrets now!
(Mat 13:34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(Mat 13:35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

(Mat 13:16)
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

No corrupt satan droids (lol) hiding in me!
(Act 26:18) To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

(1Co 4:5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Praising Jesus!

Jesus will return "in the twinkling of an eye". The scoffers will say 'Where is the promise of his coming?' and many believers will say 'My master is staying away for a long time and will begin to drink with the drunkards.' I believe the return of the Lord is coming very soon within these next coming years and I believe that the very end of 2008 was the start of all things in this world going down hill if you know what I mean. First the Beast and the False Prophet will come and reign for 42 months. Do not be deceived by the puppets of Satan.

Christ will return. I firmly believe that. He will return, and the dead shall rise.

However, Matthew 24 has often been mis-interpreted. That language is referring to the destruction of Jerusalem. It is using apocalyptic language, exactly like the OT used against all the pagan nations, except this time it is used against the Jewish nation (no wonder the Jews didn't like Jesus - THEY understood what he meant.) Those particular things (and most things people interpret as the "Rapture") were fulfilled in 70AD.

So, Christ coming will most certainly come, but not the way it has been commonly portrayed in "Left Behind," etc. What will the coming of the Kingdom of heaven be like? Well, what does the bible REALLY say about it. " It will be like an mustard tree - it's roots will grow deep, and it's branches will fill the sky." That is, slow. The Kingdom of God does not come "In a flash" in midst of chaos. Christ will return when the knowledge of the Lord is as much as the oceans, when a man will no longer need to tell his neighbor "Know the Lord," for he already will. When earth has been "made a footstool" for God, and will have been subdued by the Gospel. Then Christ will come.

The Kingdom of God is in me :) woot!

(Luk 17:21)Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

(Not some other time or place or "futuristic" to me)

Christ is come in my flesh! I confess Him now!

(1Jn 4:2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

He is in me forever!

(Col 1:27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

(Heb 13:5)Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So I never read the Bible as being about the ideas of a future Kingdom or a future "coming" :) since the Bible says He is Come in me, in my flesh, in His Kingdom in me, right this very day!

Because He comes as He promised to each of us, the wife of the Lamb, as in His Wife bringing forth Her firstborn Son...

(Joh 14:28)Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and comeagainunto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

(Joh 16:19) Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

(Joh 16:21)A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

Christ, in His marriage Covenant, has birthed me from above out of His Heavenly Jerusalem Wife...

(Heb 12:22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

(Gal 4:26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Let us not let the ideas of futurism rob us of what He is fulfilling in us right now His Kingdom on the earth is in us! He is come... in us! Now He is in our flesh, flesh of our bones!

(Eph 5:30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Such good news :)

May we all be so blessed!
Son of Jesus

Back