What's the latest movie you've seen??

Even though the following isn't really a movie-movie, I feel like I should rate it and give a critique:

Heartland - 0/10 - It's a remake of the Heartland book series by such-and-such about a girl who heals horses through non-violent ways such as herbal remedies and Bach Flower Remedies and other natural horsemanship techniques. This was WAY off of the book. The characters were completely different, the opening was a bag of cow turds, the whole idea of what the author had in mind for Heartland was gone and overall, it was absolutely horrid.

Last one: Indiana Jones...The Crystal Skull!!!!!!

Eh..... 6/10

I loved the callbacks to previous films. at times it felt like a real jones movie. and I giggled at the upgrade from Nazis.
But the overall plot and a few... REALLY mindboggling escapes just took away too much. =/

I just saw the 1991 move, Hot Shots! Like, JUST! I actually bought it on DVD for 9 bux. It wasn't as funny as I hoped, but I did laugh out loud a few times. Before that, I saw the movie, Superhero Movie. THAT was good! Like, GOOD!

Hot Shots! = 6/10

Superhero Movie = 7/10

(I have NEVER rated a movie higher than 8/10)

There Will Be Blood.

Excellent film, with excellent acting from the entire cast. The editing seemed a bit choppy in parts, and the score was sometimes too repetitive and overbearing. But it took on a superbly disturbing quality when appropriate, and approaching the climax it was near perfection. The script was also among the elite. Those elements all came together beautifully...9/10.

Meet the Spartans 4/10: You ever see one of those movies that is just so stoopid it's funny? This was one of those. It actually "thinks" outloud just what everybody else was thinking during that 300 movie but was afraid to admit, heh.:eek: Tread softly, though...there's a lot of gay-reference "humor".

War of the Worlds II 0/10: Not worth it.

Peaceful Warrior 7/10: Good uplifting movie. But this kid should have sought God before going to anybody else (or himself).

The Phoenix Lights 5/10: Documentary. I liked it. Now I want to go to Phoenix and watch for aliens.:eek:

Invisible Man: 0/10 -The story was disjointed. I didn't understand it. After the end of movie I swear if you looked into my brain you would have seen big fat question marks floating around inside of it. That movie was so odd there's no words to explain it.

Kung Fu Panda: 10/10. Funny. Awesome. And not ruined by any "adult" humor. Everyone was laughing, even the adults. Good message. And watchin a panda kick butt is worth it.

Don't mess with the Zohan: 3/10 It was good. Nice message about not hating people and the jokes pointing out the sillyness of racism was fun. but way way WAY too often the characters were just willy nilly with sex. And partial nudity. :sick: His butt I don't like seeing that much.

The bucket list 8/10. If it wasn't for just a couple of bad curse words this would be one of the funniest movies ever. To bad they have to mess them up like that.

Boanerges said:
The bucket list 8/10. If it wasn't for just a couple of bad curse words this would be one of the funniest movies ever. To bad they have to mess them up like that.

We rented that one the other day but haven't watched it yet. It's on our agenda for tonight.

Premonition-- a really good movie. There are multiple underlying messages that can be derived from the movie. One of those movies that you can talk about for days on various levels. Probably also the type that you could watch over and over and get new things out of it every time.

Onion Movie 1/10: Ummm...this is supposed to be funny, right? Hee hee.

Monster 0/10: It's a copycat of Cloverfield...not the movie about the female killer Diane Wuornos. Bad acting, bad effects, etc. And the camera only messes up when there's something interesting going on.:(

Monster 0/10: It's a copycat of Cloverfield...not the movie about the female killer Diane Wuornos. Bad acting, bad effects, etc. And the camera only messes up when there's something interesting going on.:(
I've noticed things like that when I go to Blockbuster. There's a whoal section full of movies name things like "Volcano" "Transformers" "Pirates blahh blahh" "War of the worlds" (not the good old one) and so on. and they are ALL C grade makes of the big screen hits that were released not too long ago. But slightly different. and just not...good... Seems like a new trend to me, havent seen that before.

I've noticed things like that when I go to Blockbuster. There's a whoal section full of movies name things like "Volcano" "Transformers" "Pirates blahh blahh" "War of the worlds" (not the good old one) and so on. and they are ALL C grade makes of the big screen hits that were released not too long ago. But slightly different. and just not...good... Seems like a new trend to me, havent seen that before.

My kids and I laugh at those every time we see them.:p

Yeah...:(

I thought this was just a Hollywood Video thing. But I guess not. I was telling my friend that we had to go back to our other video store, because they only have the good movies.

It's like...okay, I have a home video camera, I'm going to make a movie! I don't have a script, but who needs one? Hee hee.:)

The Signal (Wes Craven) 0/10: Oh, boy! Where do I start on this one? It starts out where it could be interesting...then it just gets worse. After a while you're thinking, okay - they can still save this movie somehow. But it just keeps going down, down, down. I didn't even finish it. I'm sorry. Had to shut it off, it was getting too gimmicky and there was absolutely no timeline to it (jumping back and forth).

I'm grounded on my last two rentals (Signal and Monster).:rolleyes:

The Happening - 9/10: People start doing terrible things to themselves (to end their own lives). Survivors of this random madness flee to the country, where a few of them find out the terrible truth about what's happening to their little corner of the world.:( This is one of those thinker-movies. You know, you're driving home quiet, thinking and wondering if any of it could ever really happen. It's an M. Night Shyamalan movie...but it's different. His characters actually have emotions in this one!:)

The Eye - 3/10: Written by people who have no idea about Christ and His love for us.:) There are no screaming monsters who come and take us away.:( A gift that God gives isn't just in flesh...it's in spirit.:D

Jumper - 4/10: You can't cover a bad story with a whole lot of special effects.:( Felt like I was watching High School Musical Meets the Matrix.:p

The Bucket List 9/10: Imagine turning that song "Live Like You Were Dying" into a movie. That's what you'd get here, with two of my favorites...Freeman and Nicholas.;)

Jumper 7/10- my whole family enjoyed it.:) One scene they were making out in their drawers so I skipped the chapter- overall very inoffensive for a current production.

Last week I took the kids to the free kids movie at our movie theater. We saw Surfs Up 10/10. Very cute kids movie about sufing penguins :D

Not really a movie...but:

Heroes Season 1 on DVD - 2/10: Ummmm...have any of these people seen X-men? If they need some new ideas for TV shows, I'd be more than happy to throw a few at them.:eek::rolleyes: I don't get what all the hub-bub is about.:confused:

The Last Sin Eater BIG thumbs up!

I avoided it because I know what a "sin eater" is supposed to be, but I was VERY pleased with it

10/10

10,000BC...Don't waste your time

The Mist...makes "Tremors" look high quality

Back