What's the latest movie you've seen??

IronMan 8/10

A good action movie, fairly good action and it is a story of a wasted life reclaimed.

Over Her Dead Body - 9/10: This one was so funny and cute! But it deals with a ghost and has a scene of exorcism, for those of you who might be bothered by that. I rarely enjoy these cutesy comedies, but this one had me laughing. A woman dies at her wedding and, in spirit, tries to prevent her fiance from seeing another woman. My favorite parts: the ghost is warning the woman to stay away and is hovering above her chair. At the end of her little speach, she descends back to her chair and says in a high-pitched voice: "This is the last time we will visit you!":D And then the whole cherries jubilee thing - *coughs on green tea laughing*

Juno - 0/10: Let's send the wrong message to kids that it's okay to get pregnant very, very, very early!:rolleyes:

Untraceable - 5/10: Nothing new but it was filmed in Portland, so I have to like it by Oregon State Law.:eek:

I saw Iron Man, but the last one I saw was Narnia 2. I've never watched that type of movie before, but it was good.

Recommended.

Walk Hard - 9/10: I rented this one because there was nothing else new and I've never seen it. I was pleasantly surprised! Nice score, direction, and the music was actually entertaining! It's a comedy, of course, a spoof of the movies Ray and Walk the Line. WARNING: There are several scenes of prolonged male nudity, an obvious statement about how female nudity seems to be okay on today's silver screen but male nudity isn't always accepted. There's also harsh language. Drugs. Adultery. But it's a comedy, and I had a few chuckles.:p All-in-all, the movie left me feeling good inside.:)

Savages - 0/10: Couldn't get into it. Found myself cleaning up instead of paying attention to what was going on. Shut the movie off like a half-hour into it. All I know is that a woman is having trouble with her senior citizen dad and I have enough troubles of my own to worry about.:confused:(hee hee)

P.S. I Love You. Excellent movie.
icon_2thumbs.gif

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 10/10: If you stop at the door, you know where they have that trash can? And you put your grown-up personality in there, find a seat, and just enjoy the ride...you'll have fun! Whoo-hoo! This movie made me feel like a kid again!:p Forget about plots, sub-plots, computer animation, plausibility of certain scenarios, etc. I picked up my grown-up personality on the way out, and I had fun! *giggles*:D

^ I envy you. We can't afford to go to the movies, so will have to wait for it to come to DVD. (can you believe Indiana Jones/Harrison Ford is in his 60's!? )

Untraceable. :) (It was good, good story, very well acted. But I don't recommend it for the faint of heart, or the fundamentalist christian, because it's pretty gruesomely violent and there is some profanity.

Wisdom...don't envy me. That's the first movie (I calculated) that I got to see in a theater since The Simpsons movie; and that was only because a friend of mine took me, hee hee! Movie theaters are too far away from me, I'm usually too chincy to buy myself a ticket (money's so hard-earned these days), I hate people talking or babysitting other people's kids in the theaters:eek:, and I hate the loud rustling the bag unnecesarily loud popcorn eaters and people who seem to think they deserve more attention than the movie.:p

I usually rent movies, too. It's so much more comfortable to me to watch the movies in my own living room than in the theater.:)

When I was trying to watch Poseidon, a group of about twenty kids came in late, marched to the front two rows of the theater, started playing and screaming...throwing popcorn and such. One of them yelled a slang term for a male body part just for laughs.

Dog gone it! I marched right up there, bent over their chairs, and let them know that I paid to watch a movie and not babysit...and I'd spank them if they didn't behave if their parents expected me to babysit!:mad: The audience behind me applauded, much to my dismay.:eek:

Not a peep! LOL:D There wasn't a sound from those aisles from then on, and I sat among them to make double-sure.

So...I usually stay home.:eek:

I'm just such a big Indy fan that I had to go and see this on the big screen. Harrison Ford is in his 60's? Yeesh! He acted 70 in the movie, and his girlfriend was his own age (and not young enough to be his grand-daughter, hee hee). I admire that, for some reason.:cool:

I didn't post it here when I saw it but:
Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian 10/10

Gory I do not mind- the sex parts I skip- it is not a family movie but it is a guy movie.
Any movie about war fought with swords and spears will be gory.

Strange Wilderness 0/10: Very vulgar movie. Thin plot. Cursing. Sexual situations. I laughed here and there, but it's one of those movies that just isn't worth much to me.:rolleyes:

Minutemen 0/10: I'm grounded, I can't rent anymore movies because I rented two real duds here, hee hee. This one is a kids' movie. These children invent a time machine to go back and defend victims against bullies. They wind up creating a black hole and have to save the planet. I thought this movie was serious. But it's really just High School Musical meets Lost Saucer.:eek:

I watched End of the Harvest, a christian movie. It talks about the second coming of Jesus, and when exactly He will be here.:D

The Mist -- don't know what I'd rate it. It was an okay movie I suppose. Like all Stephen King movies, there is always the religious nut that is way over the top....... and the one in this movie even uses foul language and is rude to people. The end of the movie was predictable, although the part just before the end was unrealistic IMO. There is no sex or nudity, there is violence, and there is bad language. Not a movie for kids.

The Nanny Diaries -- Not very good. Not a movie I'd watch again nor recommend. It is clean, though. No violence, very little bad language, no sex (other than one implied part..... you know the type..... where you know what is coming and then it suddenly cuts to a new scene), and there is some other sexually suggestive parts.

The Illusionist.

The protagonist (Edward Norton) was an unusual one (definitely an INTP). He remained very mysterious, so you rarely knew exactly what he was up to. The inspector (Paul Giamatti) was quite complex, and showed more of his conscience as the situation deepened. It was a very good movie: 8/10.

Edit: I do not mean the INTP observation in a bad way. I liked that about the protagonist.
(For the record, I am an INTJ with strong INTP tendencies.)

a previous mention of the 300.

Yeah, I didn't like the sex parts. I really don't understand why we have to have that kind of stuff in our movies.

Anyhow, the 300 was a bit boring IMO. All the pretty special effects and computer generated backgrounds really didn't make up for anything.

Back