What's the latest movie you've seen??

Sweeny Todd 1/10 Gummy Bears - This movie was a nightmare! They sing practically every line and the plot was spotty. Almost as if the entire story was made up to match the songs, not the other way around. Seriously, I've had nightmares like this where I can't wake up. Imagine Tim Burton's Batman Returns meets Disney's Beauty & The Beast. Tear the story up and throw in some murder. :(

The Mist
5/10

I like scary movies- this one was well done but the part where the "Christian" went insane and started a cult like group was out of line and over done.

Bo - I think it was me and Kitsap who were talking about Stephen King a while back; he always portrays Christians as wacky or zealots. In Carrie, the mom was a freak. In Needful Things, the two churches were battling. In the Mist, Carmody had her own interpretations of the bible and were educating everybody in the store (who seemed to know nothing at all about the bible). He's a strange duck.

He got stranger after his accident.:confused:

BTW: They changed the ending of The Mist for the movie. The book-version has a different ending (what he calls an Afred Hitchcock ending).

Bo - I think it was me and Kitsap who were talking about Stephen King a while back; he always portrays Christians as wacky or zealots. In Carrie, the mom was a freak. In Needful Things, the two churches were battling. In the Mist, Carmody had her own interpretations of the bible and were educating everybody in the store (who seemed to know nothing at all about the bible). He's a strange duck.

He got stranger after his accident.:confused:

BTW: They changed the ending of The Mist for the movie. The book-version has a different ending (what he calls an Afred Hitchcock ending).

Wasn't me...but sounds like me :D. I like Hitchcock better because of this "Christians are wacko" theme.

I found Any Given Sunday at Walmart for $5 so I brought it home. It was just eh ok, I'd say 2 stars outta 5.

Not something I'm dying to see again. It really lacked a decent story line. It doesn't start in the beginning of a story, it starts right in the middle of the football season, and expects you to just pick up on alot of things as it goes along. It ends with too much untold, in fact, in the middle of the same season. Just about some kid who finally gets his shot to play quarterback. The only thing cool about it were all the crazy camera angles and sound effects added to the action. Good movie if you're one of those people who jsut wants to get drunk and watch people beat the juice outta each other.

The Fifth Element 7/10 - I forgot how funny this movie can be. Bruce Willis is already balding in this one, but he's still okay. Chris Tucker steals the show as a flamboyant deejay. The story is so off-the-wall that it gets entertaining. One things, though...they keep on referring to the girl as The Supreme (or Perfect) Being. That's a no-no.

Favorite quote:

Monk (screams): Yes!
Chris Tucker flinches badly and then yells: What's wrong with you!? What you screaming for!? Every five minutes there's a bomb or something? I'm outta here! Bzzzzzzzt!:p

He quacks me up.

Juno

the-juno-movie-poster_292x410.jpg

7.5/10

that was a good movie, nice and moving.
Ellen Page has a lot of potential.

1 Missed Call - 0/10: Stupid, stupid, stupid movie! Oh my stars! It reeks of The Ring and The Grudge, Sixth Sense and any number of other scary movies, it should have been classified as a spoof.:eek: But they were serious about this movie, and it turned out to be a great big disappointment. No originality, you can tell when the scary parts are coming and what's about to happen. And the ending seems "made-up". You could do better by renting Cloverfield.

Beowulf (or however you spell it) 9/10 - this movie was excellent! And I don't really like these types of movies. It had plot, believable characters who stayed within their textures, fantastic effects, and it was just fun to watch!

Note: The king in the movie refuses to pray to the "new Roman God" Christ Jesus. Instead, he relies on his made-up god(s). In fact, he has relations with a demon. This movie, I thought, shows what can happen in so many areas of our lives when we don't depend on and call upon our Savior Christ.

Bravo! Bravo! Sorry I missed this one in the theater...but I thought it was just another North Pole Express (or whatever) movie, and that one bored me.:(

AVP: Requiem 0/10 gummy bears: This was a flop! A dud. It's like some young guy took all the scenes that he liked in all the other action/horror films ever created and mashed them up into this awful movie. The plot is thinner than paint-thinner, the characters are brick-a-brack. The movie was one gigantic cliche. It was predictable, with absolutely nothing new. I was really let down, honestly. Good thing I had other things to do while this movie played in the background.:rolleyes:

The Orphanage 3/10 gummy bears: It was all in Spanish, which I didn't mind. But it has a negative message regarding suicide and the afterlife. After doing herself in, the main character gets to see her adopted son again, and gets to care for him and all of his friends for eternity. *shakes his head no* This movie was actually creepy in that it was subtle and polite. There's a scene, for example, where she's in the closet and all you see is a blur and the door slams shut behind her. Scared me so bad I squeezed my protein bar flat!:eek: Still, the message of happiness after suicide just bothered me.:(

Sweeny Todd 2/10 - The singing was good, I enjoyed that part. I just think the whole story was kind of messed up. Not to mention all the blood. I mean, I know it's just cheesy red paint...but after watching that movie I wanted to barf...literally. It was just sickening. o_O I just wasted 116 minutes of my life watching that movie.

Back