What Peter said~ :)

baptism

To all:

I am Baptist. I have been water baptized. I believe baptism is spiritual. There are enough scriptures in Old and New testaments to support this. Just pull out a Strongs Full Concordances and read all passages. then form opinion?

going further

as Violet stated, I believe it is a commandment to be water baptized, just as treating neighbor....., is a commandment, just as look, watch, and wait for the coming of of our Lord is a commandment.

that said, can you be saved without the baptism of the Holy Spirit? I believe not.

Can you be saved without water Baptism?

Yes I believe so.

If you are witnessing to a non-believer, and they accept Christ and repent of sins and it is truly from their heart, and they die that day before they are water baptized, are they going to heaven or hell?

Since water baptism is physical in nature (I am not saying there isn't a spiritual part to it), does it not qualify as a work?

Our works represent our belief in Christ, not the other way around.

Another question, Did not King David have the "heart" of God was he baptized? What about Nebacnezzar?

If the physical nature of being baptized is necessary for salvation, does the temperature of the water matter, the polution of the water, what about chlorine? The Heart not the levitacal perfect code is what salvation is about. I bring this up because the New Covenant solidified that the Law (acts) saved no one. It is what is in the heart. If the heart is right with God works will follow including being commanded to water baptism. Acts or lack of only point at our failure of perfection.

I am a baptist now, formally Catholic, but most important I am a christian, saved by grace, struggling with my humanity to perform works daily. When the works occur they are from the heart not from my humanity. Sprinkling baptism as an infant along with my eventual acceptance of Christ did not count as baptism. That is the cart before the horse.

Sorry I rambled but with my religous background, Catholic to Christian, This is very personal to me as I look at lossed friends who do not get the relationship aspect of Christ, they only look at Sacramental issues they perform.

Love you all

Be A Berean
:read-bible:

Steve

Back