What makes someone decide to follow God?

Forgive me ... but that is not what that passage was meant to convey. The Father was telling Paul that His grace (authority and power that He gave him and us) is sufficient. And he (Paul) needed to use that God given authority to cast that worry (anxiety) down and give all the cares for the churches over to The Father for He cares for him and us (1 Peter 5:7, 2 Corinthians 10:5)

Christ's power makes us strong in our own fleshly weakness... for it is by the power of The Father within us via the Holy Spirit... which gives us strength.

Blessings

Maybe not to you, I suppose. I don't disagree with what you say either though. Perhaps I was too vague.

Hi guys! I am new to this site. I'm a 24 year old male, new to being Christian and trying to understand my purpose in life. I am also trying to get closer to God..

My question is what makes a person decide to follow God? Also is it wrong to start finding God when you're in a time of struggle such as anxiety or sickness etc.. does that make you selfish because you're only seeking God to get better? I suffer from anxiety and have been trying to get closer to God but I feel like I'm being selfish because I never once tried to find him before and when I'm feeling okay I don't even think to praise him or try to get closer to him. What are you guys opinions on the matter?

Appreciate your time and God bless!

It does not make you selfish. When I called to the Lord for help, I was in a desperate state. I had never been to church or read the bible or anything. I started from scratch. I was inspired by a documentary I watched on TV! How crazy and 'selfish' is that?

But He answered, and here I am.

When everything's going OK, many people 'forget' to give praise. But, you're already aware of that, so do something about it lol.

Stop beating yourself up, relax, and enjoy the journey.

God loves you.

Start again:)

Many blessings

Annie xxx

Thank you, your response did help. To see that thru all of your pain, God saved you.

I feel like I've pleaded with God for so long for help but I don't feel anything. Maybe I'm impatient, maybe I'm not being honest with him. One problem is I keep trying to be perfect before him, try to sin less, read the Bible and ignore all earthly desires but I realize some of those things are impossible to do and I can never be perfect before him so how do I know if he's listening?

Back