What Is Your Opinion On "isaiah 45:7"

Yes, it does not directly address.....

Sometimes I jump into conclusion based on people flow of thoughts /posts (i can be wrong of course with the conclusion)

In another thread http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/does-god-love-everyone.35569/page-5
…. with her POV on sheol and hades: no hellfire,,,

There has to be consistency with the POV: no hellfire will translate into no spirit, no angel….therefore only man…

No problem my brother. Love ya............

I don't think this is even a matter of opinion--I think you've got the facts straight. These verses were talking about the conflict between Paul's faith and the Pharisees' religious conflict with the Sadducees (they were the secular Jews of their time).

Absolutely my bro.

The Sadducees were known for what they denied! The resurrection, the supernatural, miracles, angels etc.
Paul in Acts 23 was able to direct the hostility of the Jewish council from himself toward their own members.

Major, it does indeed say he created evil. Read it again

Major it is you that is wrong. Lucifer is not an angel that fell from heaven. You are taking something to be literal when its not to be taken that way. It's a figure of speech. He was a man that lost his authoritative position.
Major is basing his view on scripture that most of us here are aware of, on the other hand I and I'm sure many of us, are not aware of where you are building your case from because, the Angel, Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and renamed Satan. Could you be troubled to point us to your base in scripture for you POV?

I don't support tcg's view, but perhaps she is referring to Isaiah 45:7 or Amos 3:6, thinking they refer to moral evil.

. 7 I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Simply put, God creates the judgment that will befall those who reject Him.
Judgment is described as an evil calamity.

Joy I agree with you and those that have responded Biblically, now, since that there is only one Creator, and since sin was introduced into the universe by satan, and sin has repercussions, ...I personally believe that when we persist in sin then that sin will find us and the wages of sin is death, be it physical, emotional, or spiritual, ...for God's kids I believe He removes His protecting hand and allows the sin wages to be paid in our lives, for correction, discipline, chastisement and to bring us back to the fold, ..I also believe if we refuse the correction, discipline, chastisement, He loves us too much to allow us to continue on and takes us home, ...so, remembering there is only one Creator, as sin abounds or grows it putrefies, evolving into an even worse state, so in this sense God is creating, by allowing the putrefaction process to continue to develop, so while it's not moral/spiritual creation it is physical creation that ultimately destroys both physically and spiritually, ...did that come out right???

Blessings,

Gene

Hi Gene,

I'm the son of a Samoan father ( unbeliever) and a Christian Dutch mother born in LA Ca 1965. My grandfather (Christian) instigated a divorce of my parents before I was born due to the beatings my dad was guilty of on my mom. I realized now that gran pop should not have done that as it is the unbeliever who must initiate a divorce in an unequally yoked marriage. This act would have devastating consequences.
My mom would go on to become a Vegas showgirl and date celebrities like Sammy D Jr and even B Kennedy. She used her looks for her own destruction getting swept into the occult and the hippy culture. She had two more children a half brother and a half sister from different men.
Thru most of my life I had no way of
remembering her face because none of our family had any pictures of her at all. About a decade ago a few photos turned up from my half siblings. Last year my unbelieving half bro's hippy dad contacted me after all these years.

Real quickly - hippy dad was demonized by believing gramps so I hated the guy thru most of my life. (Another disobedience by granpop).

Pop's wife my grandmother took the interracial marriage of my parents foolishly and she too like my mother died of cancer the very same year. Pop told me that grandma became a believer before she died and repented of her racial prejudice.
I mention her because of hippy dad. Both her and pop hated him for what he was - a hippy, worse than a colored guy haha.

Back to my half bro's dad. Half bro is married with three sons and hippy dad offended his daughter in law and thus was cut off from them grand kids and all.

I decided that as a Christian I was obligated to reach out to hippy dad and the fact that he, unlike my father really loved my mom and was worthy of my affections. Hippy dad contacted me and I found out that my mother even tho backslidden had led him to Christ! He had become a believer and during her sick months had to deal with that trial without granpop.

He had saved my mother's bible study notes that she had during the last year of her life and some letters she wrote to me, my full brother, and both half siblings. He sent them to me last year. It was the first time in my life that I ever heard from her. In her letters there was no hint of fear or concern for what would become of her four children. Not due to being self centered and deceived but because she fully and completely dedicated her life to Christ and trusted our futures to Him. Hippy dad told me that her doctor had given her six months to live but she lasted two more years and died at 33. The last 2 years of her life have become an inspiration to me. I know that God does remove us from this life if we cross a line of no return but He give the more grace.

Absolutely!!!

And thanks for sharing, isn't God cool, ...I have found in my own life and observed in the lives of other brothers and sisters, the correction, discipline, chastisement lasts only as long as necessary to achieve Godly repentance, once that's achieved then Father bestows His mercy and grace of the repentant child, that's the point of the story of the prodigal son, often He heals completely the sickness we have contracted from our sin, sometimes He prolongs the inevitable, as in the case of your mom and blessed you by the letters she wrote, and then again He has so much love for the wayward one He says "come home," I want you to be with me, in any case it's a win-win situation for us.

Blessings,

Gene

Back