1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

What Is The Best Brand Of Cordless Power Tools?

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by danis11, May 2, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I've been thinking about buying a set of power tools to use in carpentry applications. I'm in the process of remodeling my home and need a circular saw, a drill/screw gun and a reciprocating saw. Tell me what you think.....
  2. Ok for starters I got a Porter cable router, Skil circular saw, I got a black n Deker fire storm cordless drill/driver....18 volt....plenty umph pwr. And a skil jig saw. i love the Fire storm drill, I'm very happy with it. had it bout 5 yrs now...no probs.
  3. I have a full range of Ryobi 18 volt tools. I like the feel and balance.

Depending on the amount of remodeling, I would suggest a corded circular saw. Even the 18 volt models don't last too long. Also the blade is just large enough to cut a 2X4.

If you are planning to drive a lot of long screws, I highly recommend an impact driver. I bought an 18 volt and it made driving 3 1/2 inch screws a breeze. (I used screws instead of 16d nails to frame a wall)
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for your inputs. Your tips are valuable for me.
    Thanks again.