1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Networks On My Computer And Why Am I Connected Without Ever Recall Doing So?

Discussion in 'Technology and Internet' started by 福井舞, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I have noticed this for a while now, that when I click on Desktop icon and then click on computer icon, when the (my) computer screen comes up, I noticed there is something called " network"

And sometimes under that network section, I would see other computers with weird names like " Toshi" or " Aimiko" ?

the only thing I could think of I am currently sharing a house with bunch of Zainichi Koreans, and we do share a same WIFI system, though I managed to get my landlady to give me a landline plug so I don't have to log on to the WIFI......

I am just worried if my computer is being compromised.....

2. 福井舞 likes this.
  3. If your on a wi fi modem,
    Your wifi modem should come with instructions how to set up security setting
    so others can't bleed your internet time/usage or worse slow it down.

福井舞 likes this.