What Is Hell?

LysanderShapiro................... Must have been giving an example of those that don't care about the will of God and have fallen into error. Which is why I wonder the example was given in the first place.

I meant to give an example of those who did care but didn't know (or didn't seek recognition of God's will).

Though you are right -- a lot of people continued to go back to him and didn't seem to care about the will of God.

It goes on though. And not did he sin by doing it again but his wife too. For some people the temptation is just too strong. It's quite pathetic to think someone could be so foolish. But even the bible says things that make these people far more obvious. Yet if u put on pop off u see Apple jump in dancing etc. But pop off didit for the wrong reason. It must have been money.

I only meant to use him as a basic example, and in regards to those who legitimately thought he was an instrument of the Holy Spirit. That was his whole schpeel.

Yep, he and his wife had their con on lockdown. They still operate oddly enough, despite their being exposed -- some people choose to believe a falsehood sadly. And I suspect you're right -- money, and perhaps even a sense of power. Certainly money though.

[quotescripture does lend credibility t
I only meant to use him as a basic example, and in regards to those who legitimately thought he was an instrument of the Holy Spirit. That was his whole schpeel.

Yep, he and his wife had their con on lockdown. They still operate oddly enough, despite their being exposed -- some people choose to believe a falsehood sadly. And I suspect you're right -- money, and perhaps even a sense of power. Certainly money though.

erShapiro, post: 304004, member: 12098"]I only meant to use him as a basic example, and in regards to those who legitimately thought he was an instrument of the Holy Spirit. That was his whole schpeel.

Yep, he and his wife had their con on lockdown. They still operate oddly enough, despite their being exposed -- some people choose to believe a falsehood sadly. And I suspect you're right -- money, and perhaps even a sense of power. Certainly money though.[/quote]

Well scrpture does lend credibility to the opinion they never knew him, more so than did. Especially if they have turned away. I wrote a bunch the it deleted it. Errror I guues. Neways Michael is correct it says in the bible they deceive themselves

Last edited:
I meant to give an example of those who did care but didn't know (or didn't seek recognition of God's will).

Though you are right -- a lot of people continued to go back to him and didn't seem to care about the will of God.

Once Born again, a new thing happens in us. Anyone that has set their heart to do only what God would have them do day by day will know sound doctrine. Jesus said that.

Anyone confused and following after bad doctrine is not because they are dumb and believe dumb things (Though I would like to think this) It's because something is wrong initially in them and putting God first in everything.

One brother I asked, "What is your faith on today!!" He said the same thing every day, to live as a saved man for today, I'll believe the same exact thing tomorrow.

Reading up on poppoff. What made u think of him? Of all the people. Definitely not a very positive conversation.

Last edited:
Honestly just looked at his website and watched the video. It seems he has actually done quite a lot. Planted many churches possibly saved a lot of people. If he got off track.. who cares. I don't understand the question. Seemed to be more of a trap then anything. How do I know I'm not God.

Could you rephrase this statement? I'm not sure what you mean.

I went and checked out a few videos of Popoff. I am not sure about this Miracle Spring water he has, I guess not different than Holy Water though, as both would have about the same effect......zero.

I was a bit concerned that his wife was feeding him information about people who where sick as that was picked up by another hidden radio. You should wait on the Real Holy Spirit to deal with you about someone, not some radio transmission.

I do like his car and house though, they seem pretty nice.

MichaelH - don't pretend for a moment that you have any concept of what I have posted or not posted over the months.
I find it sad that criticism of a blatant fraud is met with such hate.
We don't attack people.
OK, do we oppose heresy where we find it?
Do we oppose obvious lies?
Apparently not.

MichaelH - don't pretend for a moment that you have any concept of what I have posted or not posted over the months.
I find it sad that criticism of a blatant fraud is met with such hate.
We don't attack people.
OK, do we oppose heresy where we find it?
Do we oppose obvious lies?
Apparently not.

I think if you find some doctrine in Mary K's Book that is not scriptural then it would be appropriate to bring that up. Nobody has perfect 100% spot on doctrine. If you think you do then your confused as you would have to know everything about God and I doubt we can accomplish that in one lifetime on earth.

I can go back and dig up some post where you put down people by name in case you have forgotten. I would be hard pressed to find a post you said something nice about someone.

Hell is complete separation from God. It is a place of torment. (physical and emotional?) Read Luke chapter 16. Jesus suffered this torment as he cried out on the cross, 'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?' Hell is only really comprehended when one passes from this life or world, to the next. Even the demons of Mark chapter 5 did not wish to enter Hell, asking Jesus to cast them into the swine. Hell is the ultimate punishment.

Wasn't Jesus alive when he said those words? Not sure what that has to do with hell, although I do see how it has lots to do with separation from God. But the two are not synonymous although they both are experienced by the lost.

God Bless,
MoG

Wasn't Jesus alive when he said those words? Not sure what that has to do with hell, although I do see how it has lots to do with separation from God. But the two are not synonymous although they both are experienced by the lost.

God Bless,
MoG
Yes, Jesus was alive at that moment, but the Father (God) turned his face away from the Son (Jesus) for that moment and Jesus suffered torment at being separated from God the Father. How would any son feel if his loving father suddenly abandoned him?

Yes, Jesus was alive at that moment, but the Father (God) turned his face away from the Son (Jesus) for that moment and Jesus suffered torment at being separated from God the Father. How would any son feel if his loving father suddenly abandoned him?

I can agree with you. Although, I would not take the step of saying He was experiencing hell--which is something different.

I can agree with you. Although, I would not take the step of saying He was experiencing hell--which is something different.

All we are told is he went down there and preached to the spirits. I am sure it was not pleasant as he was also separated from His Father and holding on the promise that God would not leave his soul in Hell.

I know the Bible has many descriptions of what hell is like, but I'm having a hard time understanding what it actually is..?
I get that it is eternal separation from God and eternal punishment.

But does that mean complete destruction..? Will one cease to exist and therefore be separated from God?

Or is hell a place where one suffers physical or spiritual torture for eternity?
Hi Tara,
There has been some debate over the issue of ever lasting punishment / ceasing to exist.
I think we must take on board the words of Jesus, who spoke more about hell than heaven.
I heard a story of a man who asked God for a glimpse of hell. His prayer was answered by a split second vision of hell. He gave up his job and became a door to door evangelist!! I believe it will be separation from God and eternal punishment. A good book is "How can a God of love send people to hell?" by M Benton. BUT if you are saved why worry about hell and start contemplating heaven, your most secure place in the universe kept for you now by the power of God's word. God Bless Stuart.

My only post.

a place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering, often traditionally depicted as a place of perpetual fire beneath the earth where the wicked are punished after death.
synonyms:the netherworld, the Inferno,the infernal regions, the abyss;
eternal damnation, perdition;
hellfire, fire and brimstone;
Hades, Sheol, Acheron,Gehenna, Tophet;
literarythe pit
"they feared hell"

All we are told is he went down there and preached to the spirits. I am sure it was not pleasant as he was also separated from His Father and holding on the promise that God would not leave his soul in Hell.

I respectfully point out that this is a common misunderstanding of 1 Pet 3:19. Compare with Isa 61:1 and John 8:34.

God Bless,
MoG

Back