What Is Hell?

Amazingly the ones on earth that are hellbund wouldn't even repent if the dead was brought back to life. If they won't repent at our testimony to them not even the
Living dead could turn them. Even if their loved ones came back and warned them they still would not. The lie of the devil is we have not done enough to cause them to repent. As though it is our job to save them, no it is their job to repent. They must give accountability to God.

Last edited:
Wow. So u think people who A believe in the Holy Spirit and B speak in tongues need to be in asylums. Wow. What would be your remedy. I can only imagine. Real tough eh, com in online to threaten people who believe in the holy ghost. It's justtic. I honestly think you need medication. To come online and hurl insults like that sounds like an illness. I forgive you, you don't know what you are saying.

I'm sorry Joel, but what I wrote and what you read have nothing to do with each other.
Try to practice reading comprehension.

Every Christian believes in the Holy Spirit, it's a requirement.
I would estimate that 90%+ of the people that "speak in tongues" are merely blathering, i.e. self deluded.
What the other 10% do, or what relationship they may or may not have with the Holy Spirit I don't know.
I did not threaten anyone.

[quotI="Glomung, post: 303906, member: 1989"]I'm sorry Joel, but what I wrote and what you read have nothing to do with each other.

I would estimate that 90%+ of the people that "speak in tongues" are merely blathering, i.e. self deluded.
What the other 10% do, or what relationship they may or may not have with the Holy Spirit I don't know.
I did not threaten anyone.[/quote]
I'm sorry Joel, but what I wrote and what you read have nothing to do with each other.

I did not threaten anyone.

Then i can only treat u as the heathen honestly. What company does light have with darkness. Those who dismiss the work of the Holy Ghost have rejected. God will always love you but that doesn't mean u love God. If you hate people with tongues repent. God Bless

Last edited:
I've read the book.

Well that is good. I have read it several times and I can not detect at that Mary does not believe what she has written.
Also nobody said "YOU MUST SPEAK IN TONGUES"
It's something I would strongly suggest you seek and grab a hold of though. It might make you less grouchy.

I found the book very interesting and found no scriptures to disclaim what Mary had written. She goes way beyond any description of Hell mentioned in the bible so I can't make any doctrine from her writing.

I did not find any reason to call her a liar though or put her down. If God has taken some to hell or heaven to get a look around who am I to say it's not so?

I have seen God do some amazing things that are just not possible for men so as I stated. I found the book very interesting to read.

I do hope you get to feeling better though.

blessings.

Then i can only treat u as the heathen honestly. What company does light have with darkness. Those who dismiss the work of the Holy Ghost have rejected.

While I think my friend Glomung is expressing a sentiment I don't quite share, I do think his point regarding the actions of the Holy Spirit can be different from what people claim to be the actions of the Holy Spirit--and I agree with him.

Speaking in tongues is real and it's a cause of the Holy Spirit. Though many people who say they are speaking in tongue perhaps aren't doing it in the genuine sense, IE not through the Holy Spirit, but only from their own behalf.

There are quite a lot of people proclaim their faith in Christ and the Holy Spirit, but they may very well be wolves in sheep's clothing. Peter Popoff comes to mind in that he loved expressing that the Holy Spirit was present in his works in healing people, but of course he turned out to be a fraud. That doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is a fraud of course--but he took advantage of people's faith in the Holy Spirit.

MichaelH - feel just fine, though I do find your condescending tone a bit irksome, arrogant much?

You say you don't know enough about Hell to critique her writings, would it be possible that
others don't share your ignorance on the subject?

At this point in history, the various Christian churches are infested with frauds and heretics of every stripe.
And it seems to me that any attempt to point the frauds out is met with resistance.

[quoI believee="Glomung, post: 303906, member: 1989"]I'm sorry Joel, but what I wrote and what you read have nothing to do with each other.

I did not threaten anyone.[/quote]

There
While I think my friend Glomung is expressing a sentiment I don't quite share, I do think his point regarding the actions of the Holy Spirit can be different from what people claim to be the actions of the Holy Spirit--and I agree with him.

Speaking in tongues is real and it's a cause of the Holy Spirit. Though many people who say they are speaking in tongue perhaps aren't doing it in the genuine sense, IE not through the Holy Spirit, but only from their own behalf.

There are quite a lot of people proclaim their faith in Christ and the Holy Spirit, but they may very well be wolves in sheep's clothing. Peter Popoff comes to mind in that he loved expressing that the Holy Spirit was present in his works in healing people, but of course he turned out to be a fraud. That doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is a fraud of course--but he took advantage of people's faith in the Holy Spirit.

I disagree.

MichaelH - feel just fine, though I do find your condescending tone a bit irksome, arrogant much?

You say you don't know enough about Hell to critique her writings, would it be possible that
others don't share your ignorance on the subject?

At this point in history, the various Christian churches are infested with frauds and heretics of every stripe.
And it seems to me that any attempt to point the frauds out is met with resistance.

But u are the arrogant one. I bet u call everyone fraud. Does Christian equal fraud in your vocabulary?

Last edited:
Hell is complete separation from God. It is a place of torment. (physical and emotional?) Read Luke chapter 16. Jesus suffered this torment as he cried out on the cross, 'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?' Hell is only really comprehended when one passes from this life or world, to the next. Even the demons of Mark chapter 5 did not wish to enter Hell, asking Jesus to cast them into the swine. Hell is the ultimate punishment.

Joel, who yanked your chain?
I pointed out that Mary Baxter was a fraud and you have not stopped from insulting and misquoting me.
I'm am sorry that one of your pet authors is a purveyor of drivel, but it happens.
make an attempt to choose better reading material.

I pointed out that Mary Baxter was a fraud and you have not stopped from insulting and misquoting me.
I'm am sorry that one of your pet authors is a purveyor of drivel, but it happens.

Unreal. Any book can be demoted to drivel.

Now "I" am insulting you for always putting down everyone in almost every thread where someone is mentioned that does not pass your superior standards (Whatever those standards may be)

I know your not accusing me of insulting you..... Can't be after all your long list of negative comments about everything.

Your grouchy all the time, that is not my fault. You put down everyone as far as I can tell. That is just a miserable way to be, I could not tolerate myself if I was like this.

It's one thing to question doctrine and point out scriptural flaws in a doctrine. It's a whole other level to mention names and call people false prophets, liars and false teachers.

We don't attack people!!!!

I would try d-cafe, classical music can help and if it won't kill you some praise and worship music.

blessings.

Hell is complete separation from God. It is a place of torment. (physical and emotional?) Read Luke chapter 16. Jesus suffered this torment as he cried out on the cross, 'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?' Hell is only really comprehended when one passes from this life or world, to the next. Even the demons of Mark chapter 5 did not wish to enter Hell, asking Jesus to cast them into the swine. Hell is the ultimate punishment.

What He said ......

But u are the arrogant one. I bet u call everyone fraud. Does Christian equal fraud in your vocabulary?

On his good days it would just fraud. You ought to comb through the forums and see all the people he does not even know but has personally attacked in a open forum. The guy is a piece of work.

You're welcome to say why if you'd like -- you're not forced to of course, but I'd love to hear your opinions.
How could someone genuine and sincere take pop off seriously? Christ says my sheep hear my voice. It's laughable. Pop off.... his voice. It's absolutely hilarious. You gotta be kidding... pop off How far off track hack have u gotta be to end up with pop off. Pop off was a charlotton. It was obvious that's why people returned to him afterward and he continued doing it. There is a verse for that but may be too rude. Proverbs 26:11.

Last edited:
How could someone genuine and sincere take pop off seriously?

I absolutely agree with you -- you are right for saying that. Popoff is one example, and an extreme example. There are, however, other examples that are less obvious. 1 John 4:1 warns us to be cautious of these people; "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I suspect you're an intelligent, sincere man of God, and you probably put this into practice. This is the idea of being weary of certain things being practiced -- even if they are Biblical (even Popoff was practicing something Jesus did -- healing the sick -- or at least, he pretended to and lead people to thinking he really was).

How could someone genuine and sincere take pop off seriously? Christ says my sheep hear my voice. It's laughable. Pop off.... his voice. It's absolutely hilarious. You gotta be kidding... pop off How far off track hack have u gotta be to end up with pop off. Pop off was a charlotton. It was obvious that's why people returned to him afterward and he continued doing it. There is a verse for that but may be too rude.

Scripture says we are not unwary of the devils devices. If someone is, they are not strictly on scripture and on something else the Word never mentioned. (Cough.... cough.....) If your deceived then your self deceived as James said. You look in the mirror and not remember what you even looked like.

Jas 1:23
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If any man have the heart to do What? Do the will of God. What happens then? They know if a doctrine be of God or not.

LysanderShapiro................... Must have been giving an example of those that don't care about the will of God and have fallen into error. Which is why I wonder the example was given in the first place.

Blessings.

It does indeed. If someone knows what he was doing was going against God, he should not return to whatever it was.
It goes on though. And not only did he sin by doing it again but his wife too. For some people the temptation is just too strong. It's quite pathetic to think someone could be so foolish. But even the bible says things that make these people far more obvious. Yet if u put on pop off on u see people jump in dancing etc. But pop off didit for the wrong reason. It must have been money. Could have been his wife like Eve in the ear of Adam. There are many things by which men are tempted and lead astray.

Back