What Is God?

actually, God will reveal himself to everyone after their natural death, even to nonbelievers. I had my grandparents not believe in God, but after they die naturally, I am pretty sure they believe in God because they are able to see God for themselves.

just wait until after you die naturally to see for yourself. I am sure you will agree with me. I will guarantee that you will be able to see God after you die.
I can assure you BalooU that you absolutely cannot guarantee that. You may believe it but that's a different matter.

1 Corinthians 1:18-25

18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

actually, God will reveal himself to everyone after their natural death, even to nonbelievers. I had my grandparents not believe in God, but after they die naturally, I am pretty sure they believe in God because they are able to see God for themselves.

BalooU, It is not possible to be saved after what you can the natural death, it is then to late. God wants us to choose now. His word says the dead know " nothing ". Yes they will be raised from their graves and go before God"s judgement seat, but they will be destroyed it says; not saved. 2 Cor. 2:6
For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation..

"No one is saved after death."

I am not debating if anyone is saved after death. I am just saying anyone will be able to see God for themselves after they die naturally. It doesn't matter if they are saved or not, everyone will be able to see God after their death. If that person is able to see God after they die, that means God have revealed Himself. The only reason why we don't see god now is because we are material. We need to be immaterial to actually see God. I am pretty sure my grandparents believe in God after their death because they got visual proof of how God looks like. They stood in front of God face to face and got judged by Him and got sent to hell. The only reason why they didn't believe in God during the time while they are alive is because they don't have visual proof. After they die and reside in hell, they now have visual proof that God is real so they believe that God is real. We will never know how God looks like until after we die. It is impossible to describe something that is immaterial.

How is it even possible for someone not to believe in God after facing God face to face to be judged, then be sent to hell? Anyone who have seen God's face in that way will believe that God exists. It doesn't matter if they are in hell.

Last edited:
I am not debating if anyone is saved after death. I am just saying anyone will be able to see God for themselves after they die naturally. It doesn't matter if they are saved or not, everyone will be able to see God after their death. If that person is able to see God after they die, that means God have revealed Himself. The only reason why we don't see god is because we are material. We need to be immaterial to actually see God. I am pretty sure my grandparents believe in God after their death because they got visual proof of how God looks like. It doesn't matter if they are in hell for not believing in god during the time when they are alive. We will never know how God looks like until after we die. It is impossible to describe something that is immaterial.

You believe that everyone will see God when they die. That doesn't make it fact, that's what I'm saying.

I am not debating if anyone is saved after death. I am just saying anyone will be able to see God for themselves after they die naturally. It doesn't matter if they are saved or not, everyone will be able to see God after their death. If that person is able to see God after they die, that means God have revealed Himself. The only reason why we don't see god now is because we are material. We need to be immaterial to actually see God. I am pretty sure my grandparents believe in God after their death because they got visual proof of how God looks like. They stood in front of God face to face and got judged by Him and got sent to hell. The only reason why they didn't believe in God during the time while they are alive is because they don't have visual proof. After they die and reside in hell, they now have visual proof that God is real so they believe that God is real. We will never know how God looks like until after we die. It is impossible to describe something that is immaterial.

How is it even possible for someone not to believe in God after facing God face to face to be judged, then be sent to hell? Anyone who have seen God's face in that way will believe that God exists. It doesn't matter if they are in hell.

We can not judge fairly whether a person is saved by grace or not. Your Grandparents for example may be saved unbeknown to you. God is the only righteous Judge of the living and the dead. When their graves are opened you will know, not till then. We do not know what is "really in their hearts" . If they are saved they will be raised at the Rapture and we will join them in the air with Christ Jesus. If they are not saved they will be raised at the second coming not be for then. For now they are at rest in their graves and you should not give up Hope. God takes no pleasure in the death of any man. Isaiah 57: 1+2. >
The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Amen.

You believe that everyone will see God when they die. That doesn't make it fact, that's what I'm saying.

Thinking more critically, yeah, you are right.

"I think I'm safe in saying that the vast majority of people on this planet believe in some sort of life after death, but belief doesn't really get us anywhere with this profound question. Either there is an afterlife or there isn't, and believing in it doesn't make it so, just as not believing in it doesn't rule it out. So if we set belief aside, then we must see if there's any evidence for an afterlife. The truth is, there isn't any hard evidence for an afterlife. If we had hard evidence, there would be little question about the matter. Having said that, the evidence -- if we can even call it that -- is controversial, debatable, open to interpretation and almost entirely based on anecdotes; that is, the experiences people have reported over the years."

We cannot prove or disprove that there is an afterlife. We will never know if there is a God or not. Believing that there is a God doesn't make it a fact. Believing that there isn't a God doesn't make that a fact either. What makes it a fact is that if we die ourselves, and see God for ourselves, and have some way to communicate to the people that are still alive.

Romans 14:11-12....believe it and receive it...all paths indeed lead to God...some to eternal life with God and others to eternal death apart from Him...we'll all be there by and by...I think this is what BalooU was getting at...all will stand before Him in the person of the Judge...the Lord Jesus the Messiah! I also guarantee it...and no I do not care if any believe it or not, that does not matter! So I think you were driving at this BalooU am I correct?

First off I did not day He was "only" revealed to certain people at certain times but I said it could be that He has not revealed Himself to you...but there is enough empirical evidence that you should not dismiss the possibility of God (which if you are telling the truth you do not)

So "What's the story morning glory?"Both...many things in nature should lead the many to know there must be a God(s) but at the same time God has revealed Himself specifically to certain people at different times in different places for His purposes....this is NOT contradictory...we call it His general revelation and His special (or specific) revelation...would you require examples of how each can true?

So god is revealed to all, but not to me?

Examples: sure.

Why does God not come down in the middle of New York City and show He's real? Because some people wouldn't believe anyway. Some people are so against Christianity that even if it was true they wouldn't believe it. I'm not saying you are like that but I definitely have met people that wouldn't believe no matter what.

Indeed, why would god hide?

Romans 14:11-12....believe it and receive it...all paths indeed lead to God...some to eternal life with God and others to eternal death apart from Him...we'll all be there by and by...I think this is what BalooU was getting at...all will stand before Him in the person of the Judge...the Lord Jesus the Messiah! I also guarantee it...and no I do not care if any believe it or not, that does not matter! So I think you were driving at this BalooU am I correct?

Cool - I'll choose the path of doubt.

Yeah, I was driving at this. The others to eternal death from Him will believe in God because they will have seen God face to face. That's the only way for nonbelievers to know that there is a God. If they die and in the afterlife, look at God face to face, they will certainly believe that God is real instead of thinking God isn't real.

but of course, really, there's no real visual proof that God actually exists. We will have to wait until after we die naturally.

We can not judge fairly whether a person is saved by grace or not. Your Grandparents for example may be saved unbeknown to you. God is the only righteous Judge of the living and the dead. When their graves are opened you will know, not till then. We do not know what is "really in their hearts" . If they are saved they will be raised at the Rapture and we will join them in the air with Christ Jesus. If they are not saved they will be raised at the second coming not be for then. For now they are at rest in their graves and you should not give up Hope. God takes no pleasure in the death of any man.

Why would god choose to save some of the humans created by it and not others?

Cool - I'll choose the path of doubt.

okay, so you will know whatever happens in the afterlife after you die naturally. and if the bible is true, you will believe that God is real after you die naturally. If the bible isn't true, then no way of you believing that God is real.

okay, so you will know whatever happens in the afterlife after you die naturally. and if the bible is true, you will believe that God is real after you die naturally. If the bible isn't true, then no way of you believing that God is real.

I thought you said above that we can't know anything about an afterlife?

Back