What Is God?

Are you an atheist?

I am not an atheist. I am just unsure of anything on what goes on in the afterlife, unless I die myself. Only from that point on, then I can be sure. It's like what TubbyTubby said. We can never be too sure of what goes on in the afterlife. The only condition to know what goes on in the afterlife is to die naturally or have a person die naturally and have that person come back and tell us what goes in the afterlife. It doesn't matter what any religion says about the afterlife. It doesn't make that a fact. For me, I am either waiting for my grandparents to come back to life to tell me what goes in the afterlife, and if they don't come back, I will be waiting for my own natural death to find out what really happens in the afterlife. If nothing happens in the afterlife, nothing would matter to me anyways since I will be gone. There is no way I will believe anything that have been said on what goes on in the afterlife unless they naturally die and tell me afterwards. or I experience death myself, and come back to life somehow.

There can be a God that actually exists, but we don't know anything about that God. Let's call him Bob. Bob probably knows everything and wants to be hidden. Bob knows everything so he can use that to make people write the bible (to make it seem super accurate by plugging in prophechies, and correct geographical locations) to mislead people to thinking the biblical god is the absolute God, and have people do their own religion just to mislead them purposely. It's probably that Bob had people write the bible to make other people think it is the word from the biblical God so it would seem correct, but there is no such thing as the biblical god. Bob did all this for the purpose of staying hidden from people. I am just saying this as a possibility but I don't really know what's the Truth.

I am not an atheist. I am just unsure of anything on what goes on in the afterlife, unless I die myself. Only from that point on, then I can be sure. It's like what TubbyTubby said. We can never be too sure of what goes on in the afterlife. The only condition to know what goes on in the afterlife is to die naturally or have a person die naturally and have that person come back and tell us what goes in the afterlife. It doesn't matter what any religion says about the afterlife. It doesn't make that a fact. For me, I am either waiting for my grandparents to come back to life to tell me what goes in the afterlife, and if they don't come back, I will be waiting for my own natural death to find out what really happens in the afterlife. If nothing happens in the afterlife, nothing would matter to me anyways since I will be gone. There is no way I will believe anything that have been said on what goes on in the afterlife unless they naturally die and tell me afterwards. or I experience death myself, and come back to life somehow.
Are you not concerned about consequences for not believing?

Are you not concerned about consequences for not believing?

You do not even know if there is a consequence for not believing. If you want to prove that souls and God is real, come back as a soul and we'll talk. the 2nd option is having one person that died come back to me and have that person explain to me what happens in the afterlife. I rather die and find out firsthand or wait until other people die and have them tell me what goes on in the afterlife. No one knows what really happens in the afterlife. There have been too many people who think the biblical God revealed Himself to them but later, they eventually lose faith in Him. There are too many people who switch religions. Any religion that states something about the afterlife can never ever be proven. The only way to prove something in the afterlife is to die our selves and find out what happens, or have someone else die and have them come back to life and tell us.

So then you believe Jesus was not who He said He was and that those things revealed through Him are not reliable? The parable of the Rich man and Lazarus was to show us something about such a question. The Rich man asks the angel to go back and tell his family...he says surely if someone were to die and return they would surely believe...so Jesus rose from the dead and you still will not believe...as the angel said, even if someone actually returned from the dead you would not believe...viola' YOU!

You do not even know if there is a consequence for not believing. If you want to prove that souls and God is real, come back as a soul and we'll talk. the 2nd option is having one person that died come back to me and have that person explain to me what happens in the afterlife. I rather die and find out firsthand or wait until other people die and have them tell me what goes on in the afterlife. No one knows what really happens in the afterlife. There have been too many people who think the biblical God revealed Himself to them but later, they eventually lose faith in Him. There are too many people who switch religions. Any religion that states something about the afterlife can never ever be proven. The only way to prove something in the afterlife is to die our selves and find out what happens, or have someone else die and have them come back to life and tell us.
I personally believe in what the Bible says. Have you studied the New Testament historical validity at all? That's a huge help, I believe, in proving Christianity is true.

What about the fact that Bob is the true absolute God who have people created the biblical god and jesus to make it seem reliable to people. In fact, Bob probably is the one that created everything and give credit to this biblical god (who actually did nothing in the creation process). The purpose of Bob doing that is only to stay hidden. Bob can probably have inputted the information to people that knows about the "biblical God" and write about it. It doesn't matter what the NT says. We will never know that is actually reliable unless we die ourselves.

I am sure that god would know it, if we tried to fake belief.

That is why I am not worried about any afterlife: god made me an atheist.
That's true. God knows if you are sincere or not.
I don't think God made you an atheist. Satan probably has much more to do with that.

workmx...after many things you say about what you think people have shared with you about God, I surmise that your concept of God is either strict Calvinist or possibly militant Islamic....God did not make you an atheist!

That's true. God knows if you are sincere or not.
I don't think God made you an atheist. Satan probably has much more to do with that.

But god created me, right? So he must have implanted the ability to reason and doubt that leads me inexorably to disbelief. Cause and effect rule humans in our middle-sized universe.

workmx...after many things you say about what you think people have shared with you about God, I surmise that your concept of God is either strict Calvinist or possibly militant Islamic....God did not make you an atheist!

I don't know much about either of those.

Can you explain how they see god?

I read religious texts literally, but I do that with Harry Potter too.

But god created me, right? So he must have implanted the ability to reason and doubt that leads me inexorably to disbelief. Cause and effect rule humans in our middle-sized universe.
God did create you but He didn't create you as a puppet. You make your own way, make your own decisions and make your life what you want it to be. You have the capability to believe, but sometimes it's a long journey to that belief. It took me years to come to Christ.

I don't know much about either of those.

Can you explain how they see god?

I read religious texts literally, but I do that with Harry Potter too.

Yes they believe that God is responsible for all that is, no matter what. If you choose to wear the green pants rather than the blue then it was God's will...everything that is is because it is exactly as God intentionally PLANNED it or made it to be so...hence my response to your statement that God MADE you an Atheist...

It's not that god made you an atheist. It's more of you reason on what's true and what's not true based on what happens and you take empirical evidence and analyze what is possible and what's not possible. There is no absolute means to know what goes on in the afterlife. I use to be a hardcore Christian myself, but I lost faith. I don't think Satan is leading me anywhere.

Last edited:
Yes they believe that God is responsible for all that is, no matter what. If you choose to wear the green pants rather than the blue then it was God's will...everything that is is because it is exactly as God intentionally PLANNED it or made it to be so...hence my response to your statement that God MADE you an Atheist...

I don't belong to a church. So, I can only rely on what the bible says. It is pretty clear about the characteristics and behaviour of god. Although there are many problems with it.

Mostly, I am interested in how theists make sense of the bible and how doctrine is formulated and justified.

I don't belong to a church. So, I can only rely on what the bible says. It is pretty clear about the characteristics and behaviour of god. Although there are many problems with it.

Mostly, I am interested in how theists make sense of the bible and how doctrine is formulated and justified.

You mean how Christians make sense of the bible. Theists = believe in god or deity. Anyone who believe in Amaterasu or other gods is considered "theist". Atheist = not believe in any god.

You mean how Christians make sense of the bible. Theists = believe in god or deity. Anyone who believe in Amaterasu or other gods is considered "theist". Atheist = not believe in any god.

There are other religions "of the book" as muslims say.

There are other religions "of the book" as muslims say.

I'm assuming you are talking about Quran and Torah. Quran believe that Jesus is man, and God the Father is actually different from Jesus. I don't know what Torah believes. There are also many other unnamed group of theist who interpret the bible scientifically and add things to the scripture based on what science have to say.

Back