What is Faith ?

Dusty

Inactive
What is Faith ?

Hebrews 11 :1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for , evidence of things not seen.

Substance...... Like a title deed

Your faith is your title deed to eternal life. Just as a title deed is evidence of real-estate, so your faith is evidence of your eternal estate in God.

We look to Jesus as our example of Faith.
Faith is more than belief in God, It is also a way of life. Heroes of the faith , although imperfect, trusted God and gave their lives to Him.

The greater your cares the more genuine your prayers
The darker the room , the greater the need for light.
For faith with no effort is no faith at all

Thank you, Dusty!!!:D

Faith is a strong belief in something that you know is true - but haven't yet seen.;)

I have never seen the dark side of the moon myself. But I know it's there. I have faith that since there is a side of the moon that always faces the earth, the dark side of the moon has to be on the other side.

I have faith that the air around me will sustain me with each breath. I've never seen it, I can't reach out and touch it...but I believe strongly that it's there because I can inhale deeply and feel it.

Amen , Whirlwind and Violet. again faith is given to us in the measure that God thinks we can handle.

We know that without faith we cannot enter God's rest nor be pleasing to Him. Truly His eyes move to and fro over the face of the whole earth to show Himself strong on the behalf of those who heart is perfect (complete and mature) towards Him. Faith is the key which God gives us to loose His promise upon this earth.

faith is knowing Jesus will makes us happy.faith is that the place we will live,will be joyfull place to live,faith is reading Gods words and promises and believing truth.faith is that God looks out for you and helps you,faith is God watches all and helps all.faith is not understanding ,but knowing God does things for a reason.in the olden times men would have lots wives etc,God says have none or 1,them people would not understand why God said this.but had the faith to do so.without faith nobody would have a reason for living.

Thanks , Michael.

byfaith.jpg

Faith in God is the greatest power that mankind can ever unleash.

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Matthew 9:22

22 Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.
Matthew 6:30

30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 8:10
10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Matthew 21:21

21Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Luke 17:6
6He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1, NASB).

A Word From Billy Graham »
Faith is rationally impossible where there is nothing to believe. Faith must have an object. The object of Christian faith is Christ. Faith means more than an intellectual assent to the claims of Christ. Faith involves the will—a decision to believe in Christ. If we say with our minds and our hearts, “Yes, I believe in Christ and receive what He has done for me,” then we have eternal life.

Faith actually means surrender and commitment to the claims of Christ. It means an acknowledgment of sin and a turning to Christ. We do not know Christ through the five physical senses, but we know Him through the “sixth sense” that God has given every man and woman—the ability to believe. … Read more online »

Faith is acting in the face of contrary evidence. The senses declare, "It cannot be," but Faith shouts above the turmoil, "It is!" - E. W. Kenyon

The writer of Hebrews makes it clear that faith is a very practical thing., and the best way to grow in faith is to walk with the faithful. Christians are called to live by faith, What does faith look like ?

True faith operates quite simply: God speaks and we hear His Word; we trust Him and act on it. Faith is not some " feeling" we manufacture , or "wishful thinking : ". Faith can be summarized in 3 words : substance, evidence, and witness.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for : it means to support , like a foundation is to a house: it gives confidence and assurance that it will stand.

Faith is the EVIDENCE of things not seen; the conviction from God in one's heart, that what He has promised, He will do.

Faith is the WITNESS, a good report; God's divine approval over our lives.

Faith makes it possible for us to understand what God does; see what others cannot see, and do what others cannot do.

Noah's faith who, " when warned about things not yet seen , in holy fear built an ark to save his family." By his faith he condemmed the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith" Heb. 11:7

A LIVING FAITH is what Noah put into action : he separated himself from the world; he walked with God ; and he preached righteousness.

I am asking my self if my faith is as alive as Noah's. ?

Noah was definitely a righteous , blameless and a man who walked with God.His faith should be an exampleas he definitely related to the verse in Hebrews 11:7 where it says :
Hebrews 11:7

7......By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

He definitely knew what faith was as he believed what God said and laboured for 120 yrs to build the ark. How many of us would stay working on something that everyone around us laughed about .?

The other thought was that when he was in the ark, he did not hear from God for 5 months so I am wondering if maybe his family were giving him a hard time by saying ..".Look Noah what you got us into and where is God.? " But just because he did not hear from God does not mean that God forgot him . God was there all the time. And just because sometimes we do not hear from God when we think we should does not mean that God has forsaken us.?

Back