My brain hurts!

What if I work out my own salvation
And get it wrong,
Whose fault would it be?
Do I get another go,
try again?

At the moment I’m in fear and trembling
Incase I’ve got it wrong,
Why did God show us the way to heaven and then put this swerved ball in?
Why should anybody want the option to accept or reject Him

Am I over thinking this simple truth
Looking for loop holes
Looking for the catch?
Can it be just as simple as
Jesus, cross, forgiveness of sin Eternal life?
Where’s the catch what’s the price?
Why do I have to work out?
the terms for my own salvation
I didn’t realise it came with conditions
I thought it was a free gift?

Good questions Alan.
I used to wonder about that too. I came to the conclusion that God would not force anyone to accept the beautiful gifts of salvation and life everlasting.
hy? I am not wise enough to know the answer.
But why would God want anyone with him who do not want to be there. They would be like robots or cause another war in heaven - just like Satan.

Good questions Alan.
I used to wonder about that too. I came to the conclusion that God would not force anyone to accept the beautiful gifts of salvation and life everlasting.
hy? I am not wise enough to know the answer.
But why would God want anyone with him who do not want to be there. They would be like robots or cause another war in heaven - just like Satan.
Good point I hadn’t thought about it that way🤔

Good morning, Alan;

Every Christian who seriously reads and studies the Bible will experience What if? (Made you think!!!) We all get stuck and are still trying to figure out the passages.

I'm still asking God, in Genesis, why does He go back and forth with the names Jacob and Israel? Didn't He just change his name from Jacob to Israel? So why not just stick with the new name, Israel? God knows, but one day He will reveal the answer in my finite thinking.

Isaiah 55:8-9, 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - RSV

God's Ways is so much higher than our thinking, therefore, His Word is not always going to be straightforward and easy. But this is where God's Ways are so much higher. When we feel stuck, what if?, and rely on a human Bible teacher, God uses that teacher but also takes the next step and empowers us with learning, knowledge and wisdom to understand what His Word is revealing.

We do not need to put limitations on ourselves and especially God. All who love, seek and desire to grow in Christ are promised knowledge and wisdom.

We're all in this together, but no worries, the Lord will empower each of us whom He loves and desires.

God bless you, Alan and thank you for sharing this poetic topic.

Bob

Back