What God Wants

I will never write a Bible book because it would be way too short. I used to use those important sounding theological terms but they only served to confuse and hide meaning. Jesus didn't do this, why should i?

God wants us to be to him as a child. He wants us to agree with him not because he makes sense, or is good, or we're afraid to disobey but to agree with him because he is our Father. Once man did this and then Satan corrupted us into the toddler that says NO for the first time then to the child who hates his father's law and finally the surly teen who obeys grudgingly.

Jesus made this plain in Matthew 18 and warned us that if we are not transformed back into someone who agrees with God in his heart we will not enter the Kingdom of God. You can obey every one of God's commands and not achieve this and you can fail to keep those same commands but humble yourself to God completely and end up in his presence. No one who disagrees with God will enter his kingdom and only God can transform us into someone pleasing to himself. You cannot change your wicked heart but God will if you ask him and surrender your Satan inspired worldly opinions.

This makes perfect sense of Jesus ' parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector in Luke 18. Who was justified before the Lord? Who then pleased God? Who then entered Heaven? Why?

We're still Pharisee and not humble or lowly in our own estimation.

God Bless

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Abraham believed God
and it was counted unto Him
as righteousness.

Praise God!

So do I, by His grace. :)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I will never write a Bible book because it would be way too short. I used to use those important sounding theological terms but they only served to confuse and hide meaning. Jesus didn't do this, why should i?

God wants us to be to him as a child. He wants us to agree with him not because he makes sense, or is good, or we're afraid to disobey but to agree with him because he is our Father. Once man did this and then Satan corrupted us into the toddler that says NO for the first time then to the child who hates his father's law and finally the surly teen who obeys grudgingly.

Jesus made this plain in Matthew 18 and warned us that if we are not transformed back into someone who agrees with God in his heart we will not enter the Kingdom of God. You can obey every one of God's commands and not achieve this and you can fail to keep those same commands but humble yourself to God completely and end up in his presence. No one who disagrees with God will enter his kingdom and only God can transform us into someone pleasing to himself. You cannot change your wicked heart but God will if you ask him and surrender your Satan inspired worldly opinions.

This makes perfect sense of Jesus ' parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector in Luke 18. Who was justified before the Lord? Who then pleased God? Who then entered Heaven? Why?

God Bless

'At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying,
Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And Jesus called a little child unto Him,
and set him in the midst of them,
And said,

"Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted,
and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."'

(Mat 18:1-3)

God Bless

Spot on! Thanks for sharing.

Jesus made this plain in Matthew 18 and warned us that if we are not transformed back into someone who agrees with God in his heart we will not enter the Kingdom of God. You can obey every one of God's commands and not achieve this and you can fail to keep those same commands but humble yourself to God completely and end up in his presence.

Thanks for this. It's a good reminder to me again. Sometimes we get caught up in all the hype that wants to make Christianity a religion and we need to be reminded that God is after our hearts. This is a true picture of His grace which is not attainable through works, but through faith. Come as you are!

We need to humble ourselves under His mighty hand and He will exalt us in due time. 1 Peter 5:6 (paraphrase)

Back