What Does God Tell Us About Our Diet?

Well, with everyone making up their own religion and not giving a care about reason or scripture, you might as well join in.

"Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags." The context defines the word very well.
Go look up zalal.

Just do it.

Where is this scripture found?

You are kidding me, right?

It seems to me you ask a lot of basic, simple, questions and If you are going to ask so many questions I would think that you would look up in the Bible for some answers before doing so on an internet site. But that is just me and what I would do.

Proverbs 23:20.

Google is your best friend.

Do you have any scripture to back this up? That is really what I'm looking for.

Glenn.....these are easily found in the Bible my brother. Do you have a Bible?

Deut. 21:20
"And they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard'".

Prov. 28:7
The one who keeps the law is a son with understanding, but a companion of gluttons shames his father" (Proverbs 28:7).

Matt. 11:19
"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds" .

Titus 1:12
"One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, 'Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons'".

Gluttony is "overindulgence", or the unhealthy or excessive interest in a particular class of items.

It is typically used to describe over eating, but as C S Lewis spoke about, also applies to excessive behaviors in luxury, dress, type of food, or any other thing that can be subject to excessive use.

In other words, a rich housewife who refuses to wear anything other than Gucci is just as much a glutton as the one wolfing down 50 pancakes.
Or dolce bags with manolo stilettos. The only thing we should be a glutton to is the word of God.

Glenn.....these are easily found in the Bible my brother. Do you have a Bible?

Deut. 21:20
"And they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard'".

Prov. 28:7
The one who keeps the law is a son with understanding, but a companion of gluttons shames his father" (Proverbs 28:7).

Matt. 11:19
"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds" .

Titus 1:12
"One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, 'Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons'".
You contradict what you said about my having a problem with what God says.

Explain please!

Yes, I have. Why are you judging me?

Not my friend, but I do use it a lot.

As I said, you seem to ask a lot of simple questions that are easily found. I just wondered out loud why.

Why is asking you that "judging you". It was only an observation not a condemnation.

What are some things that the Bible says about how we should eat?

There is definitely the aspect of moderation, or self-control with regard to eating and diet.

1 Corinthians 9:25
25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

As I said, you seem to ask a lot of simple questions that are easily found. I just wondered out loud why.

Why is asking you that "judging you". It was only an observation not a condemnation.
It was not a question. You said, and I quote, "I would think that you would look up in the Bible for some answers before doing so on an internet site." You are saying that I have done no research. I have gathered almost 300 verses on the things I am looking for. You would be amazed at the

Not so! You asked for Bible verse and I gave them to you. How is that a contradiction?

You asked I gave!!
It's a contradiction to you saying "Then you are going to have a problem with what God says my friend!" when I say these verses exist. You contradicted yourself.

Glenn, what was the point of this thread? Did you just want to discuss gluttony? If so, why didn't you just say that?
The point of the thread is just what I asked for. Verses dealing with our diet. I did not create it to create a discussion on gluttony.

Back