What Does "bible Believing Christian" And "bible Believing Church" Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is intolerant of sin. The world embraces it. Choose wisely

Yes! And in keeping with the title of this thread, there are many churches in the world that have a compromised stance....some because of ignorance, but most because of the misguided notion that membership is a numbers game, so they compromise on God's call to holiness, and embrace what the world thinks. God is not to be found in churches like that---they are dead, spiritually, and He will not bless them.

James 4:4 (NLT)
You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

please back up your opinion with the scripture.

Pay particular attention to verse 26, 27

The ultimate end of wickedness is it leads people to into homosexual actions. Men with men, women with women. God just lets them go their own way which ends in these kinds of acts.
Verse 32, and those who practice such acts are "worthy of death" Not only do they know it is wrong, they also take pleasure in doing them!!!

21* Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22* Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23* And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24* Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25* Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26* For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27* And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28* And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29* Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30* Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31* Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32* Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The Bible is the one thing that Mormons have gotten right. But actually I would not call them Bible believing because they don't believe in Biblical inerrancy. They elevate the Book of Mormon above the Bible which is what does them in. However, that being said, though they butcher their theology most of their teachings on morality are in line with mainstream Christianity and I haven't met too many bad apples in the Mormon community.

And also, people here need to stop the anti-catholic sentiment. You can disagree with the Catholic church, but it shares ALL the major tenants of Christian theology including the Trinity, Jesus is God, Faith in Christ, the Resurrection, and Biblical inerrancy. It is also the LARGEST charitable organization in the world and the LARGEST Christian denomination. It does no good to anyone's faith to criticize them. Rather look at the things we all agree on.
You must not understand the bible or what these people claim to believe?

No, sir, KILLING another human being or raping them or forcing them to do something against their will is far, FAR worse than homosexuality, and only a sadistic idiot would say otherwise.
A "sadistic idiot"...lol Yes all your "love" is just flowing like a "peaceful" river...:LOL: Biblically in the context of the wickedness one has surrendered to, clearly homosexual perversion is proven to be that most extreme of sinful conditions, and show the most reprobate of minds in the human condition.

Or perhaps you're so eager to agree with hateful teachings that you have closed your mind off to anything a little more humane and reasonable.

And what about abstinent homosexuals? You haven't mentioned them. Are they spared from your little jihad, or are you gleefully anticipating watching them get burned up in the fires of hell for simply being attracted to the same sex? After all, abstinent homosexuals are doing what you want, they're living loveless and sexless lives which seems to be what you're demanding from them.
You seem to be unaware that abstaining from such acts means nothing. It is the desire and lusts of the flesh that sin originates from, just desiring to do them is sin!!!! The action part comes after desiring to do them. All the homosexual people I have ever met where the nicest people in the world. I have never had any problems with them. The problem is nice people and lovely people has nothing to do with salvation. There will not be one nice person in God's Kingdom because they were nice. It is believing that Jesus Christ is Lord of their life that one is saved.

You seem to be unaware that abstaining from such acts means nothing. It is the desire and lusts of the flesh that sin originates from, just desiring to do them is sin!!!! The action part comes after desiring to do them. All the homosexual people I have ever met where the nicest people in the world. I have never had any problems with them. The problem is nice people and lovely people has nothing to do with salvation. There will not be one nice person in God's Kingdom because they were nice. It is believing that Jesus Christ is Lord of their life that one is saved.

Good post. I've said the same thing, but they don't like it and hurl more abuse.

I only agree with what God teaches in His word. That is humane and reasonable.
Until you start talking about burning them in hell as per your revenge fantasy.

What about them? If they are born again and are desiring to obey God with their lives, then they don't call themselves homosexuals for one thing.
Too absurd to take seriously, sorry. I think you will find that you can "change" homosexuality about as easily as you can change your eye color or which hand you write with.
I can only see hatred in your approach to this subject
You only see hatred in EVERYTHING. And you think it's a good thing. That's your trouble right there.

God is intolerant of sin. The world embraces it. Choose wisely
Define sin first, then we can talk. I think you'll find everyone has a different definition and how on earth can we condemn it if no one sees it the same way?
And no, the world doesn't embrace sin. I think most people strive to actively avoid it.

Until you start talking about burning them in hell as per your revenge fantasy.

Too absurd to take seriously, sorry. I think you will find that you can "change" homosexuality about as easily as you can change your eye color or which hand you write with.

You only see hatred in EVERYTHING. And you think it's a good thing. That's your trouble right there.
So a child molester is born that way also I guess and cannot repent of their wicked desires? An adulterer is also unable to change, I guess?

Pay particular attention to verse 26, 27

26* For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27* And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Your task was to back up your claim "homosexual perversion is the extreme end of all wickedness." You failed. This text does not state that in any way, shape or form.

Define sin first, then we can talk. I think you'll find everyone has a different definition and how on earth can we condemn it if no one sees it the same way?
And no, the world doesn't embrace sin. I think most people strive to actively avoid it.
Well we clearly see this perversion is considered "sin'' and the most ungodly of sins in both the Old and New testaments.

A "sadistic idiot"...lol Yes all your "love" is just flowing like a "peaceful" river...
Glad you think that's funny - in fact it wasn't a value judgment, it was a simple fact, because you don't have a leg to stand on. You're trying to tell us all with a straight face that homosexuality is a worse sin than murder, and don't deny it please - you know you said it and it's easy enough to go back and find it. Therefore it's a simple fact, if you really believe that to be true then sadist is apt and so is idiot. Find me better words to use if you like.
Biblically in the context of the wickedness one has surrendered to, clearly homosexual perversion is proven to be that most extreme of sinful conditions, and show the most reprobate of minds in the human condition.
Provide your proof then or admit you're a liar. You KNOW you can't use your Bible for this one.

Your task was to back up your claim "homosexual perversion is the extreme end of all wickedness." You failed. This text does not state that in any way, shape or form.
No its clearly shown as the end of mans wickedness and rejection of God. "vile affections"

No Christians are ... I guess you approve and promote the wickedness of these people as well?
What on earth are you talking about now? Going to hate on the world's largest Christian denomination?
Catholics are Christians. Trust me on this one. I have a dictionary.

Glad you think that's funny - in fact it wasn't a value judgment, it was a simple fact, because you don't have a leg to stand on. You're trying to tell us all with a straight face that homosexuality is a worse sin than murder, and don't deny it please - you know you said it and it's easy enough to go back and find it. Therefore it's a simple fact, if you really believe that to be true then sadist is apt and so is idiot. Find me better words to use if you like.

Provide your proof then or admit you're a liar. You KNOW you can't use your Bible for this one.
Its already been shown, but of course any one who promotes such wickedness rejects the scriptures and the clear and evident truth they speak.

You seem to be unaware that abstaining from such acts means nothing. It is the desire and lusts of the flesh that sin originates from, just desiring to do them is sin!!!!
Well then what you're demanding is nothing less than for people to be castrated at birth. We are human beings and if you know anything about biology, we are also sexual beings. Most of us are attracted to the opposite sex, a minority are attracted to the same sex. Either way we experience desires (I'm not touching your judgmental word "lusts") and we cannot do anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back