What Does "bible Believing Christian" And "bible Believing Church" Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bible is the one thing that Mormons have gotten right. But actually I would not call them Bible believing because they don't believe in Biblical inerrancy. They elevate the Book of Mormon above the Bible which is what does them in. However, that being said, though they butcher their theology most of their teachings on morality are in line with mainstream Christianity and I haven't met too many bad apples in the Mormon community.

And also, people here need to stop the anti-catholic sentiment. You can disagree with the Catholic church, but it shares ALL the major tenants of Christian theology including the Trinity, Jesus is God, Faith in Christ, the Resurrection, and Biblical inerrancy. It is also the LARGEST charitable organization in the world and the LARGEST Christian denomination. It does no good to anyone's faith to criticize them. Rather look at the things we all agree on.

I don't agree with the Catholic church, but I don't think I said anything negative towards them.

I don't agree with the Catholic church, but I don't think I said anything negative towards them.

Oh I wasn't talking about you, someone else said an anti-catholic comment and I've heard it elsewhere.

Some people tend to consider it a cult, and I think that its just ignorant to say it. I don't believe everything in Catholic theology either, but they get the important things right. And there are a lot of Catholics on the forum and we should be respectful to them.

Oh I wasn't talking about you, someone else said an anti-catholic comment and I've heard it elsewhere.

Some people tend to consider it a cult, and I think that its just ignorant to say it. I don't believe everything in Catholic theology either, but they get the important things right. And there are a lot of Catholics on the forum and we should be respectful to them.

I don't think Catholics have ever been considered a cult in the Christian community.

I don't think Catholics have ever been considered a cult in the Christian community.

I've heard it, probably later we will hear about it too.

People from protestant traditions see Catholic rituals and sacraments and the prayers to Mary and the saints as very foreign and then label it as a cult, forgetting that it was the first Christian church.

well, actually Sodom and Gomorrah was engaged in ALL types of wickedness, they were trying to rape the angels!

the way you are trying to frame it seem to single out homosexual sin as "the" reason that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, not correct.
read...Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

well, actually Sodom and Gomorrah was engaged in ALL types of wickedness, they were trying to rape the angels!

the way you are trying to frame it seem to single out homosexual sin as "the" reason that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, not correct.
Yes homosexual perversion is the extreme end of all wickedness.

Yes homosexual perversion is the extreme end of all wickedness.
No, sir, KILLING another human being or raping them or forcing them to do something against their will is far, FAR worse than homosexuality, and only a sadistic idiot would say otherwise.

I've heard it, probably later we will hear about it too.

People from protestant traditions see Catholic rituals and sacraments and the prayers to Mary and the saints as very foreign and then label it as a cult, forgetting that it was the first Christian church.

It was not the first. The Church of Jesus Christ was in existence long before the Catholic tradition began.

No, sir, KILLING another human being or raping them or forcing them to do something against their will is far, FAR worse than homosexuality, and only a sadistic idiot would say otherwise.
And Euphemia, you are just as dark hearted a human being for disagreeing with that statement. That is shocking, horrible, and immoral. Killing another human being is not and cannot be a worse sin than homosexuality, and I defy you to find a verse in your Bible that says so. KJV or otherwise.

And Euphemia, you are just as dark hearted a human being for disagreeing with that statement. That is shocking, horrible, and immoral. Killing another human being is not and cannot be a worse sin than homosexuality, and I defy you to find a verse in your Bible that says so. KJV or otherwise.

Jesus lives in my heart, sir, so your personal opinion of me means diddly. It tells me a lot about what you think of Him by what you accept. To God, all sin is heinous. In fact, in scripture, certain sins are mentioned as abominable to him. Homosexuality is one such sin, singled out in both covenants, and is even listed along with murder. So, for you to quantify sins is not your job. All sin is equally able to send anyone to eternal punishment if no repentance comes.

No, in fact, I think you'll find the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality.

You just gave a precise example....people who believe and teach this are non-Biblical and also teach many other false doctrines, like the universal fatherhood and universal brotherhood of man, that not one of the books of the Bible were actually written by their author but by scribal redactors (sometimes centuries) later on down the line or else were compilations of other "traditions" combined (and they will usually claim these "variant" traditions were oral, evolved, and then harmonized). And the list goes on and on...they will say (like the E.C.U.S.A.) that the Bible "contains" not "is" the word of God and by insisting on this can then pick and choose, cut and paste, to support whatever new, politically correct, position that benefits their agenda.

One can argue each point (another of their bag of deceitful tricks is to create dialogue where none is merited over foolish little isolated points) to no avail, but the bottom line is when Jesus says "Sanctify them Father by the truth, YOUR WORD IS TRUTH", speaking of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets...there simply is no option available...either it is or it is not! Either Jesus IS who He said He is and thus is not telling us a lie, or as they would subtly imply by their contrary view, Jesus simply does not know as well as they do, or else He was an ignorant superstitious ancient, or else a liar (now they do not admit this when they proclaim the creed from the pulpit, but imply it in the study hall)...so to get around this obvious and logical conclusion they simply get the Ph.D's and MA's of their camp (aided by heavily financed media campaigns), i.e., wolves hiding behind sheepskins, to teach in Seminaries and on PBS specials that we cannot really know if these are the actual words of Jesus because you know these evolving oral traditions from competing "Q" communities undergo change until harmonized as much as 100 years later....

Can't YOU see how distorted and unnecessary such subtle diabolical twisting is? In other words, to summarize, "did Jesus (God with us) REALLY say? Partake of the fruit of our knowledge and your eyes will truly be opened, and you will become as a lord of your own life"...No Thanks....

Paul

Jesus lives in my heart, sir, so your personal opinion of me means diddly. It tells me a lot about what you think of Him by what you accept. To God, all sin is heinous. In fact, in scripture, certain sins are mentioned as abominable to him. Homosexuality is one such sin, singled out in both covenants, and is even listed along with murder. So, for you to quantify sins is not your job. All sin is equally able to send anyone to eternal punishment if no repentance comes.
Well, I think it's pretty clear that what you and Mitspa are doing is projecting your own hatred onto your Bibles. He made the statement that homosexuality was a worse sin than murder, in fact the worst one. That's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible, it's something he pulled out of the air to justify his hatred. It's nonsense, and worse than that, he's trying to put a Godly spin on it to make it look righteous. I live my life standing up to people like you and him and it's a fight I will maintain my whole life.

As the sign so often says, HATE is not a family value.

Well, I think it's pretty clear that what you and Mitspa are doing is projecting your own hatred onto your Bibles. He made the statement that homosexuality was a worse sin than murder, in fact the worst one. That's not mentioned anywhere in the Bible, it's something he pulled out of the air to justify his hatred. It's nonsense, and worse than that, he's trying to put a Godly spin on it to make it look righteous. I live my life standing up to people like you and him and it's a fight I will maintain my whole life.

As the sign so often says, HATE is not a family value.

Claiming hatred from anyone here is a vile assertion.

God explicitly says that the sin of homosexuality is hateful to him. So, for you to come here and defend it is rather ridiculous. I am sure you can find something more worthwhile to do with your time, rather than insulting people left and right.

Last edited:
Claiming hatred from anyone here is a vile assertion.

God explicitly says that the sin of homosexuality is hateful to him. So, for you to come here and defend it is rather ridiculous. I am sure you can find something more worthwhile to do with your time, rather than insulting people left and right.
It isn't my fault if you choose to disregard the information I give you which is that "homosexuality" wasn't even a word until the 1800s and therefore it's highly likely something else, like male prostitution, is what is being discussed. And I am far from being the only Christian to have that opinion. I am not getting on the hate bandwagon with you and Mitspa for anything in the world.

It isn't my fault if you choose to disregard the information I give you which is that "homosexuality" wasn't even a word until the 1800s and therefore it's highly likely something else, like male prostitution, is what is being discussed. And I am far from being the only Christian to have that opinion. I am not getting on the hate bandwagon with you and Mitspa for anything in the world.

Your understanding about this subject is filtered through the godless mindset. It doesn't stand up to the perfection of God's word. You pander to the secular, and to the homosexual agenda, and that is something we as Christians are to be careful NOT to do. We are not to compromise what God says, and it appears that you have allowed that compromise to influence your thinking. Perhaps that is why you come off as so angry, here.

Your understanding about this subject is filtered through the godless mindset. It doesn't stand up to the perfection of God's word. You pander to the secular, and to the homosexual agenda, and that is something we as Christians are to be careful NOT to do. We are not to compromise what God says, and it appears that you have allowed that compromise to influence your thinking. Perhaps that is why you come off as so angry, here.
Or perhaps you're so eager to agree with hateful teachings that you have closed your mind off to anything a little more humane and reasonable.

And what about abstinent homosexuals? You haven't mentioned them. Are they spared from your little jihad, or are you gleefully anticipating watching them get burned up in the fires of hell for simply being attracted to the same sex? After all, abstinent homosexuals are doing what you want, they're living loveless and sexless lives which seems to be what you're demanding from them.

Or perhaps you're so eager to agree with hateful teachings that you have closed your mind off to anything a little more humane and reasonable.

I only agree with what God teaches in His word. That is humane and reasonable.

And what about abstinent homosexuals? You haven't mentioned them. Are they spared from your little jihad, or are you gleefully anticipating watching them get burned up in the fires of hell for simply being attracted to the same sex? After all, abstinent homosexuals are doing what you want, they're living loveless and sexless lives which seems to be what you're demanding from them.

What about them? If they are born again and are desiring to obey God with their lives, then they don't call themselves homosexuals for one thing.

I can only see hatred in your approach to this subject (which is off topic---again!) and to people who express what God says about it. Your choice of words is atrocious. It isn't about what we want. It is about how God has commanded that we live---that is, if we love Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back