What Does "bible Believing Christian" And "bible Believing Church" Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you disliked my post. Is this a grudge you're holding? Why are you on this site to argue with Christians? Yes I am referring to your other thread also. You have done nothing but argue and be hateful and immature the entire I've seen you on this site.
I see you ignored my previous comment on this subject, which talked about YOU disliking my posts before I had anything to do with yours at all. I might just call that hateful and immature, too...not to mention hypocritical.

Do you seriously believe only homosexuals engage in sodomy?
Let's start with lesbians, one half of the gay population. Do THEY engage in it? I'm guessing not....that would be kind of difficult.
Let's move on to gay men. Not all gay men engage in it, not by a long shot.
And finally, straight couples. Do you think that no straight couples engage in it?

Once you process all this information, come back and tell me why you equate sodomy with homosexuality.

Well, lets see, If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sodomy that straight people were doing does that sound right to you?
Ever hear of "sex" shops where you can buy all kinds of things that wicked people can use to go even further in their wickedness.

I see you disliked my post. Is this a grudge you're holding? Why are you on this site when you are just arguing against Christian beliefs? Yes I am referring to your other thread also. You have done nothing but argue and be hateful and immature the entire time I've seen you on this site.

I have wondered this many times.

Well, lets see, If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sodomy that straight people were doing does that sound right to you?
Ever hear of "sex" shops where you can buy all kinds of things that wicked people can use to go even further in their wickedness.
Your point being what? You can't have it both ways, if you want to argue that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality, and citing the word "sodomy" as your proof, you've got a big problem explaining the fact that sodomy isn't strictly something homosexual men engage in.

Question: "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?"

Answer:
The biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is recorded in Genesis chapters 18-19. Genesis chapter 18 records the Lord and two angels coming to speak with Abraham. The Lord informed Abraham that "the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous." Verses 22-33 record Abraham pleading with the Lord to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his family lived in Sodom.

Genesis chapter 19 records the two angels, disguised as human men, visiting Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot met the angels in the city square and urged them to stay at his house. The angels agreed. The Bible then informs us, "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'" The angels then proceed to blind all the men of Sodom and Gomorrah and urge Lot and his family to flee from the cities to escape the wrath that God was about to deliver. Lot and his family flee the city, and then "the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah — from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities..."

In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 declares, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..." The Hebrew word translated "detestable" refers to something that is morally disgusting and is the exact same word used in Leviticus 18:22 that refers to homosexuality as an "abomination." Similarly, Jude 7 declares, "...Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion." So, again, while homosexuality was not the only sin in which the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah indulged, it does appear to be the primary reason for the destruction of the cities.

Those who attempt to explain away the biblical condemnations of homosexuality claim that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah were certainly being inhospitable. There is probably nothing more inhospitable than homosexual gang rape. But to say God completely destroyed two cities and all their inhabitants for being inhospitable clearly misses the point. While Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of many other horrendous sins, homosexuality was the reason God poured fiery sulfur on the cities, completely destroying them and all of their inhabitants. To this day, the area where Sodom and Gomorrah were located remains a desolate wasteland. Sodom and Gomorrah serve as a powerful example of how God feels about sin in general, and homosexuality specifically.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Sodom-and-Gomorrah.html#ixzz36SXvNIuM

I see you ignored my previous comment on this subject, which talked about YOU disliking my posts before I had anything to do with yours at all. I might just call that hateful and immature, too...not to mention hypocritical.
Actually the reason I didn't reply is because I don't have the patience to be sucked into your childish games. The reason I disliked your posts is because I didn't agree with them because they were unbiblical and hateful. The posts you rated old of mine were me talking to huntingteckel and one responding to you all on page 4. None of my posts had anything worth marking "old" for. I know you did it out of hate.

Gosh, it's funny watching the people calling me hateful when I simply refuse to hate on gay people.

None of us hate homosexuals. We do have an intolerance for those who call themselves Christians who approve of homosexuality and lack the spiritual fortitude to stand for what God says about the subject.

There is nothing funny about it.

Actually the reason I didn't reply is because I don't have the patience to be sucked into your childish games. The reason I disliked your posts is because I didn't agree with them because they were unbiblical and hateful. The posts you rated old of mine were me talking to huntingteckel and one responding to you all on page 4. None of my posts had anything worth marking "old" for. I know you did it out of hate.
Excuse me, but when have I played childish games? Since I've been here I've been standing up to bigotry and hatred, and calling it out where I see it, NOT contributing to it. You don't like the fact that I don't believe God is a hateful and tyrannical monster who punishes gay people and throws atheists into an eternal furnace? Tough. I believe in a loving and forgiving God.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Don't be deceived, God will send these people to hell and torment unless they repent!

If believing the Word of God is hateful in the opinion of some? Then I will gladly accept this charge and rejoice in it...:D

Excuse me, but when have I played childish games? Since I've been here I've been standing up to bigotry and hatred, and calling it out where I see it, NOT contributing to it. You don't like the fact that I don't believe God is a hateful and tyrannical monster who punishes gay people and throws atheist into an eternal furnace? Tough. I believe in a loving and forgiving God.
I never said any of that. This is just another annoying thing you do, putting words in people's mouths. This is why you aren't worth my time. Goodbye.

I never said any of that. This is just another annoying thing you do, putting words in people's mouths. This is why you aren't worth my time. Goodbye.
If you're going to accuse people of being childish and playing games, neither of which I did, be at least prepared to back up your claims, otherwise it's all a load of hot air. The admins here appear to have had no issue with me, and if they did I'd take them very seriously. Good night sir.

Ro 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I see you disliked my post. Is this a grudge you're holding? Why are you on this site when you are just arguing against Christian beliefs? Yes I am referring to your other thread also. You have done nothing but argue and be hateful and immature the entire time I've seen you on this site.
I'd say others on here have been far more hateful than anything I've heard him say. But of course that doesn't count because you agree with the hateful ones.

I'm not playing that game huntingteckel, you're going to have to find someone else.
You won't play with me? Darn. I guess I need another playmate... I guess it's for the best. Who knows what I might catch.

Anyway, this thread isn't about homosexuality so I suggest we get back on topic before this thread gets closed.

Every church says they are "bible believing" because they believe that their teachings are correct. I'd say that we are all wrong in some ways and we can only try the best we can to live a good life.

YES! This thread is NOT about homosexuality. We don't need any more discussion along that vein!

Now, THAT"S "old"!! LOL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back