What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...In , Did Philip Water Baptize The Ethiopian After he told Philip he " Beleived" ?....YES....Did Jesus command John The Baptist to Water Baptize him?
" Yes".

Was Cornelius in and his house Water Baptized by Apostle Peter after he COMMANDED them all to do so? " YES"

Peter never told Cornelius and his family to " Accept the Lord as your personal savior, and you are all saved" nor did Cornelius argue or debate Peter when he COMMANDED them to get Water Baptized.
He obeyed no ifs, ands, or buts

Do ask yourself this...If people In the NT in scriptures never argued or debated this important part of salvation, and God' s word is forever....Why do people want to argue and debate what it plainly tells all of us to do?

I am not speaking against water baptism, but am saying that it is not a prerequisite to salvation. As you will notice in your own example about Cornelius, they had the Holy Spirit before water baptism. Only the saved can receive the Holy Spirit. There are no works that can be done for salvation.

Jesus had to be baptized since our sin was placed upon him.

Acts 19:1-19:5 is speaking of baptism by the word or shall I say Word of God. Verse 5 says, "When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. The hearing of the Word is what washed them, giving them understanding so that they believed in the name of the Lord Jesus (who in Him is the repentance of sins for there can be no true repentance without His Spirit and work). They by the washing of the Word died to their own selves being born and resurrected in Jesus. It does not say they went down to the ocean or whatever place there was water. Only that they heard and were baptized. It next speaks of Paul laying his hands on them. It speaks of this act, but not of an act of Paul immersing them in a pool of water.

The bible does not state whether the thief died before or after Jesus. We do know that the thief knew Jesus was without sin and that he could save him however, and because Jesus said he would be with him, we know that the thief believed on Jesus.

Beloved, how did the thief know Jesus was without sin? Not even John the baptist knew that the Lord Jesus was without sin; only that Jesus was more righteous than he. How do I know this? Because John confessed that he needed to be baptized by Jesus! But yes, the NT began on the Day of Pentecost: when the God did pour "...out of my Spirit upon all flesh...". The resurrection was proof that the Lord Jesus was without sin; the "...pouring out of my Spirit...", proof that the sacrifice had been accepted.

The thief died according to the Law (OT).

Water Baptism is part ( Part).of the NT salvation plan...If you don' t do what says..it is like having a car so to speak with only 3 wheels on a 4 wheel car.

Again...WHY did Peter Command Cornelius and family to be Water Baptized if it is not necessary? Of course it is necessary, it was part of the first Peter told The new Converts to do...When they asked this question: " Men and Brethren,,WHAT MUST WE DO?
( Acts 2 v 37) Read the next verse to see exactly what Peter
told them they had to do...

Beloved, how did the thief know Jesus was without sin? Not even John the baptist knew that the Lord Jesus was without sin; only that Jesus was more righteous than he. How do I know this? Because John confessed that he needed to be baptized by Jesus! But yes, the NT began on the Day of Pentecost: when the God did pour "...out of my Spirit upon all flesh...". The resurrection was proof that the Lord Jesus was without sin; the "...pouring out of my Spirit...", proof that the sacrifice had been accepted.
The thief died according to the Law (OT).

Jesus was well known. He had declared himself to be God's son which was declaring that he was equal with God (John 5:18). The thief had to have known about him because he wouldn't have told Jesus he was undeserving of the punishment in the first place.

Water Baptism is part ( Part).of the NT salvation plan...If you don' t do what says..it is like having a car so to speak with only 3 wheels on a 4 wheel car.

Again...WHY did Peter Command Cornelius and family to be Water Baptized if it is not necessary? Of course it is necessary, it was part of the first Peter told The new Converts to do...When they asked this question: " Men and Brethren,,WHAT MUST WE DO?
( Acts 2 v 37) Read the next verse to see exactly what Peter
told them they had to do...

In Reply to your assessment of what happened in Acts 19..so your telling me Paul never Water Baptized The Disciples of John the Baptist...Yet Apostle Peter commanded Cornelius in Acts 10 to be water baptized in Jesus Name?

So Peter and Paul are in disagreement with the exact Doctrine Jesus taught all of the other Apostles??? You can' t make this up!!
Peter did it his way...and Paul did his way? according to what you think??? Plain Pitiful...wow.

Jesus was well known. He had declared himself to be God's son which was declaring that he was equal with God (John 5:18). The thief had to have known about him because he wouldn't have told Jesus he was undeserving of the punishment in the first place.

What the thief thought or did not think about Jesus has nothing to do with and why he could be saved without undergoing water baptism. I explained he died in the IT on the cross...When Jesus took his final breath the veil in the temple ripped from top to bottom.which signalled...out with the
OT..In with the NT.

What the thief thought or did not think about Jesus has nothing to do with and why he could be saved without undergoing water baptism. I explained he died in the IT on the cross...When Jesus took his final breath the veil in the temple ripped from top to bottom.which signalled...out with the
OT..In with the NT.

The thief was not required to be Water Baptized. He was saved by his belief and faith ALONE. Not we need all 3 to be saved not just 2 out 3 elements.

I never wrote one word in your Bible...I am just the messenger here. No one has a right to take by Personal Interpretation what "They think"....it is always what saith God' s word. says with corresponding versus to back up meaning etc.

Explain what I said?? I told him everything he and others need to do, and he still believes you can drink Alcohol in wine, rand Jesus did, etc etc. This is not about who is right and who got it wrong. It is about what saith the word of God or don'"-t believe it...Or....Prove I am not correct in what I am posting on here.

I enjoy being here, not here to argue, debate, or cause ILL feelings
.Love everyone..
Of course, when you break a commandment such as (thou shalt not bear false witness) "its not about right and wrong" But the scriptures clearly promote the drinking of alcohol, in communion and you reject the biblical standard. I believe I had rather be a "drunk" than to have your form of religion.

OT..In with the NT.
So Jesus had the power to save this man apart from baptism, and did. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever. Thanks, you are a great help in seeing the truth of God.

1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

LET ME GUESS, THE GRAPE JUICE HAD NO ALCOHOL?

Of course, when you break a commandment such as (thou shalt not bear false witness) "its not about right and wrong" But the scriptures clearly promote the drinking of alcohol, in communion and you reject the biblical standard. I believe I had rather be a "drunk" than to have your form of religion.

See, now you are getting insulting here which shows a lack of Christian attitude.
So Jesus had the power to save this man apart from baptism, and did. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever. Thanks, you are a great help in seeing the truth of God.
Yes he saved the thief without Water Bsptism.....because the thief died in the OT as I have stated numerous times to you and
2 others on here. The Thief did not need water baptism in the OT. I am done repeating all this...just read and post what I stated is wrong on my scriptures..show me errors in my interpretation...All I ask..show me where I have mis led, or stated something another verse contradicts on the same subject..

Thank
1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

LET ME GUESS, THE GRAPE JUICE HAD NO ALCOHOL?
Dig out your Websters Dictionary look up the word " Drunken" and see if it says drunk on alcohol only..drunken also means this: " I have DRUNKEN from the cup you gave me"....does it not sir?

See, now you are getting insulting here which shows a lack of Christian attitude.

Yes he saved the thief without Water Bsptism.....because the thief died in the OT as I have stated numerous times to you and
2 others on here. The Thief did not need water baptism in the OT. I am done repeating all this...just read and post what I stated is wrong on my scriptures..show me errors in my interpretation...All I ask..show me where I have mis led, or stated something another verse contradicts on the same subject..

Thank

Dig out your Websters Dictionary look up the word " Drunken" and see if it says drunk on alcohol only..drunken also means this: " I have DRUNKEN from the cup you gave me"....does it not sir?
Drunken also means in the old English language used when the KJV

Drunken also means in the old English language used when the KJV
was printed..and yes Drunken also can mean too much in excess. But you are choosing one meaning over the other to make a case for a Wine being Alcohol only
Look that word up: WINE also

I was in a large main-stream type church years ago. The pastor had a PHD in theology, and he said that Baptism was: "An Outward Expression Of An Inward Work"
This was a very intellectual sounding explaination and sufficed for a time.
Since then I have met many professing Christians that agree with this explaination.
I have noticed quite a rub over the years between different groups. Even though most mainsteam groups believe that you don't have to be Baptized to be "saved", there is much arguing and disagreement about whether you should be sprinkled or submerged.
If in the Bible it says it doesn't really matter; then it does not. But, if in the Bible it says it does matter; then it does.
There are elements that are a part of our approach to God and are necessary for full Bible salvation.
I am talking about the Blood, the Water, and the Spirit.
Also the ONLY true and saving gospel of Jesus Christ is: The Death, the Burial, and the Ressurection of Jesus Christ. You REPENT of all of your sins there is a DEATH or dying out. Then you are BURIED in a watery grave ( In the NAME of Jesus Christ) for the remission of your sins. You then can receive the GIFT ( in-filling, or baptism) of the Holy Ghost.
If you've never been buried in water In the NAME of Jesus Christ, you need to. If you've been baptized in any other formula (In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost) you basically just got wet.
Identifying with christ

Thank

So reminding another believer of the commandments of God, is "insulting"
I think even a child could understand the difference between drinking wine and being "drunken" in the context of this scripture, Webster is not needed.

Has Jesus changed? Did he not save this man apart from baptism? He does not change.

was printed..and yes Drunken also can mean too much in excess. But you are choosing one meaning over the other to make a case for a Wine being Alcohol only
Look that word up: WINE also
What? Come on.... They where getting drunk at the Lords supper and Paul was rebuking them, this is the only honest reading of these scriptures.

methuo, meth-oo'-o
Search for 3184 in KJV
from another form of 3178; to drink to intoxication,

In Reply to your assessment of what happened in ..so your telling me Paul never Water Baptized The Disciples of John the Baptist...Yet Apostle Peter commanded Cornelius in to be water baptized in Jesus Name?

So Peter and Paul are in disagreement with the exact Doctrine Jesus taught all of the other Apostles??? You can' t make this up!!
Peter did it his way...and Paul did his way? according to what you think??? Plain Pitiful...wow.
Hi Ricko1,

Seems like a lot of question marks and exclamation points. Nevertheless, I happily will answer all your questions and hope that you will proceed with a loving zeal in studying the scriptures. I would like you to answer however my previous post first. Were the members of Cornelius' household saved before their water baptisms since they received the Holy Spirit first?

After you answer this, I will gladly answer all your many posts.

Hi Ricko1,

Seems like a lot of question marks and exclamation points. Nevertheless, I happily will answer all your questions and hope that you will proceed with a loving zeal in studying the scriptures. I would like you to answer however my previous post first. Were the members of Cornelius' household saved before their water baptisms since they received the Holy Spirit first?

After you answer this, I will gladly answer all your many posts.
You can receive The Spirit of God before or after you are water baptized...But if you skip the water Baptism you have disobeyed what it says to do..and God can and will remove his Spirit from so whom he will.

Read in Matthew all those who cast out Devils, did great works etc and God kicked them out at The Final Judgement...read it.

You can receive The Spirit of God before or after you are water baptized...But if you skip the water Baptism you have disobeyed what it says to do..and God can and will remove his Spirit from so whom he will.

Read in Matthew all those who cast out Devils, did great works etc and God kicked them out at The Final Judgement...read it.
Show me a verse in the bible where God removed his Spirit from someone. Those in Matthew are not saved. There are many in the New Age movement who have obtained abilities and who believe that Jesus was a great prophet, but who do not believe the gospel.

I cannot think of one verse where it says that the Holy Spirit was removed from someone. Which verse says that?

Show me a verse in the bible where God removed his Spirit from someone. Those in Matthew are not saved. There are many in the New Age movement who have obtained abilities and who believe that Jesus was a great prophet, but who do not believe the gospel.

I cannot think of one verse where it says that the Holy Spirit was removed from someone. Which verse says that?

I will answer your questions tomorrow morning, I have been working all day...and while I am searching my Bible please tell us how Peter could command Cornelius and his family to be water Baptized when 3 of you are telling me it is not necessary, etc.
Good Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back